Question regarding release for 1.14

• Hi guys, long time lurker / infrequent poster. Loving the mod as I always have. I'm just curious to know when you're expecting to release the mod for 1.14? I'm not trying to apply any pressure, just curious. Thanks

• Hello.
    I am Maki. a fan of your mod ic2 and i really enjoy playing on this
    straight to subject. 1.14 is out since long time by now same as 1.13 which is out nearly 1 year + and still no updates for this mod to be compatible with those releases which brings me to a question.
    did this project stop ? because mod if left out with no releases nor news regarding that. and me and some of other minecraft players who love this mod really wants this mod on 1.14 with the new updates that are out and we see your work on it.
    Thanks for dropping by and i hope getting any news or updates regarding this mod (since forge for 1.14 is out hence i am asking)

• Official Post

Forge 1.14.2 is out now, any news on this? :(

Hello.
    I am Maki. a fan of your mod ic2 and i really enjoy playing on this
    straight to subject. 1.14 is out since long time by now same as 1.13 which is out nearly 1 year + and still no updates for this mod to be compatible with those releases which brings me to a question.
    did this project stop ? because mod if left out with no releases nor news regarding that. and me and some of other minecraft players who love this mod really wants this mod on 1.14 with the new updates that are out and we see your work on it.
    Thanks for dropping by and i hope getting any news or updates regarding this mod (since forge for 1.14 is out hence i am asking)

First of all, the project is very much not stopped. 1.12 has run the bulk of its lifetime so releases for it have largely slowed down.

Second, 1.13 was only ever short lived in terms of possible modding, and for the whole of its lifetime Forge has been incomplete to the point where starting the port was inadvisable.

Thirdly, whilst Forge may be out for 1.14.2 it is far from complete. Shearing sheep for example dropped shears instead of wool until recently for example. A 1.14 supporting version is in the works and there will be (more) news once there is anything notable in terms of progress.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask them here, otherwise all I can suggest in the meantime is patience ;)

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• (^U^)ノ~YO, i love the IC2, so i still stick with 1.12 while the 1.14.2 has the forge but no IC2, however once ic2 move to 1.14.2, i will go to 1.14.2 immediately

• Official Post

Forge still has no concept of a fluid and doesn't appear to be going to until King Lemming gets around to updating it. So whilst it might be on 1.14 it remains far from finished.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Forge still has no concept of a fluid and doesn't appear to be going to until King Lemming gets around to updating it. So whilst it might be on 1.14 it remains far from finished.

Can't you like, for example have the future fluid containers and fluids be just an item, (so not technically a fluid yet) as a placeholder for other programming?

• i just saw some stable forge for 1.14, 1.15 stable ( the game itself) coming, 1.16 could be next year, mojang is putting more and more 'mod' like feature into the game it

• Thirdly, whilst Forge may be out for 1.14.2 it is far from complete. Shearing sheep for example dropped shears instead of wool until recently for example. A 1.14 supporting version is in the works and there will be (more) news once there is anything notable in terms of progress.

Forge 1.14 is unfortunately still quite far from what we need, especially our armor hook is quite important yet nowhere to be seen. The vanilla side isn't particularly stable either, making it a somewhat undesirable to rush a release.

Hi, a now, what about update to 1.14+? Is this planned at all? Forge for 1.15 already exists now :O

Plz tell us the truth :D

P.S. Big thanks for your work, you have made my youth :3

• i'm always playing with about 25 gameplay mods . the 1.14 and 1.13 updates have meaningful additions .

while 1.15 have insufficient group of available mods, 1.14 now have almost everything i needed, except that Feed The Beast Utilites had to be replaced, and the Industrial Craft 2 :) .

its been long since last info in this thread, though i know that the dev team didn't signed for this .
    i hope Forge won't leave the 1.14 -- not fully supported (because otherwise all the other mods would need to be updated again), and it could be great if the IC2 would be released even without some parts that depend on missed functions .