Support Request: Minecraft 1.7 and IndustrialCraft

• I just went through the process of setting up Modloader and ModloaderMP on my client and went to test only to get a black screen of death. I am to assume that these mods are no longer valid with 1.7? Also does that mean that IC will need an update as well?

• bah I gotta play the game in vanilla? lol no matter, you guys made one really kick butt mod and I am not going to complain like they are on the curse forums. One other question, will my world be safe from the update?

• I would be happy to email* the minecraft.jar that is still 1.6.6 and IC if needed. I kept independent copies in case I ever updated by accident (which I did).

*Unless there is any copyright or similar problems that other people know of. I can't think of any.

• Thank you but it is okay. We will wait patiently for the updates. Modloader has been updated, and I am curious if you guys are going to work with Rigsumi (spelling) ModloaderMP and serverMP to make IC compatible with it.

Until then I am playing around with pistons and seeing what works. I found that doing a minecart launcher is a fail. If you put the piston at the track's edge it pushes the entire track up one block. I am still working with it and trying to create some sort of station for it all. I am getting tired of missing my carts when I accidentally push them too fast lol.

• Well I decided to try that tool, but I can't get it to work, it says it can't find the patches... I put the patch file in several different locations, but nothing. I was hoping to get everything up and running so I can show my friend's son IC in action. Looks like I am going to be showing him plastic craft instead :/ Doesn't matter anyways I was an idiot and copied over the minecraft_server and didn't even think to back it up first :(

actually I just found that I did backup my server before downloading the new one. I also misread the instructions for the downgrade utility, but it is giving me a constant checksum failure and says I need a fresh, unmodified copy of minecraft.jar, despite the fact that is fresh, oh well. I am too tired to keep trying.

• I have noticed that Flan has done an unofficial ModloaderMP update for 1.7.2

I finally got my client downgraded and I am getting ready to do my friend's client next so we can get back to building again.

• I tried to use newset modloaders with current IC, sadly, It didnt work, black screen, albo some problems on server (didnt got details form admin).
    While trying to connect to server with modloadermp (this unofficial one) having client with risigumi and modloadermp it made strange error.

Seems we need to wait for Mr. Albaka to get us newest Mr. IC

• yup. At least I finally got my client downgraded back to 1.6.6, but I noticed some odd issues with that. For example I can walk across live HV lines and not get damaged from it, and another example on SSP is the EC manipulator is not reporting currents from HV lines (I want to stress that is on Single Player).

• yup. At least I finally got my client downgraded back to 1.6.6, but I noticed some odd issues with that. For example I can walk across live HV lines and not get damaged from it, and another example on SSP is the EC manipulator is not reporting currents from HV lines (I want to stress that is on Single Player).

1) I could use that too, Dont know is it error or something, but You must get sure HV line is working, and wait?
    2) HV lines sends one shot of 2k EU, instead of standard lines which tends to send continuus stream, I belive either HV not working or You missed the moment.
    A reminder: 2HV, connect input like MTE (EU comming from sides, HV going from Top/bottom), on output its same, but HV comes from side, and normal voltage comes top/bottom, If I belive properly, theres handy and nice video on wiki about that which would be more accurate. But still, HV gathers 2000 EU and sends it as one packet, so catching it with current tool is rather rare and luck. Instead, try observing some redstone-like puffs around cable, or walk on it. Or just check if MTE on end is reciving power.

• Ah I have seen some videos where someone was metering the HV lines. It was a matter generation video showing the guy's setup. His readings were in the 15k range. So I thought I could meter it and see the same responses. However I stood on a working line for 5 minutes and never got hit with any damage. I was also running machines at the same time so it wasn't an issue of the MFE capped out.