Electrochips

• Official Post

Hmmm. Guess i can and have to live with that statement.
    The problem is, if we got 3 mods meant to be played together, all with their own energy system and the possibility to interchange the different energy sorts, one mod (usually the one with the best designed energy source) WILL be dominant. which makes the other 2 implementations semi-futile.
    But it's her choice what to implement, after all ^^

• Hmmm. Guess i can and have to live with that statement.
    The problem is, if we got 3 mods meant to be played together, all with their own energy system and the possibility to interchange the different energy sorts, one mod (usually the one with the best designed energy source) WILL be dominant. which makes the other 2 implementations semi-futile.
    But it's her choice what to implement, after all ^^

IC has 6 power generators, BC has 3, RP has 1 currently.
    IC has much more variation in wiring & "voltage".
    IC has actually useful item additions, like :Quantum-Bodyarmor: . (Tell me, who the heck wants sickles?)

I don't mean to sound like a fanboy, but IC is the dominant one...

Keep it that way please. Even if you don't pursue computers, there are still so many thing to be added! :)

• I just hope we get more things like the IC2 Miner v the BC Quarry. While both in the end do a similar task they do it in very different ways and I feel that having both is very useful.

I do still worry that it is to similar to the way IC2 works. It also recently added tubes that act almost exactly like buildcraft pipes.

• Official Post

Just to drop the note, i've decided to continue working on CPUs and actually coded quite a good bit of the control kernels.
    Currently working on command parsers, then gonna add library support and then need to write the GUI.

I hope to finish the first beta version of CPUs for this weekend, so betatesters can start debugging it.
    A public release should, depending on the time uni starts eating from me, be scheduled in ~1-5 weeks.

Btw, i decided to call the system "Albos" :3 Sounds professional, imho.

• AlbOS?

lol that's awesome =D

Still remember the convo ending with "No, stop bugging me, cables transmitting energy are totally not possible! Use the batterys."

• Official Post

Yeah, I think Albos (awesome name) and Eloraam's system are going to end up like the BC quarry vs the IC2 miner. That is, two alternatives for solving basically the same problem (automated mining), but different enough (aesthetics, power sources, area, blocks mined, easy of setup, etc.) that it's a meaningful and interesting choice rather than a pointless overlap. I mean, it sounds to me like you're designing an end user focused system with a simple automation language and specialized peripherals for dealing with specific tasks like EU flow control. She's making a Commodore 64 with redstone IO. Don't get me wrong, the idea of a redstone C64 is indescribably awesome. I just think that the two will end up appealing to different audiences, and even those who are interested in both will probably find that each works best for a different situation. :)

• I've followed this disussion for quite a while now and I have to comment now...just feel like it.

I prefere Al's idea, cause its the basic system of an Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) or in german SPS Speicherprogrammierbare Steuerung.

And now the difference as I undsertand it...and how it is in reality: A PLC is used in machines to create programs based on different and numeros Inputsignals which trigger differnt output signals. Example:
    A drill is driling through a material and the support of the drill hits a sensor, giving out a signal, thereby stopping the drill retracting it and changing the material to start over again.

Would be great to combine quarries, miners, macerators and all the other stuff in on single need way with only on lever and you could combine it with eloraams tubes that give out certain signals. Like tin moving in a pipe gives out signal to an energy control block for the macerator, 20 seconds later a signal triggers a bc engine to get it out and so on.

Of course you could do this all with eloraams RP2 at the moment but it would be compacter.

As for her PC....can't imagine how I would effectively use that I am a student of engineering, not electronics :D

Could use it in SMP to send messages over distances without bothering the chat, but why woul I do that...