BUG: Numerous sound problems, nether memory leak.

• Everything installed in proper order, clean install, no other mods, all fixes installed.

1) Pump sound never off.

3) If player with jetpack (any type) jump - jetpack sound will play.
    4) Jetpack hover mod randomly corrupt sound system, causing permanent looping sound of jetpack.
    only full client restart helps.
    5) Same occur to compessor.
    6) Moving away from sound source cause hurge lag. (fps down to 1-10 from 200)

Removing every sound from jar and disabling sound decrease memory usage form 600+ to 170 on minecraft startup.
    Disabling sound ingame (via sound slider help sometimes).

Using nether portal cause hurge memory leak, 300+ mb per nether visit, deplete 32 bit system memory in 4-6 runs. (it capped on 995 mb).

IC2 sound system will run ever if you disabled sounds in minecraft.

• In addition heavy use of jetpack will sometimes result in you not making footstep sounds while walking. Not sure what that is as i've not been able to test it enough to pin the cause down reliably.

• In addition heavy use of jetpack will sometimes result in you not making footstep sounds while walking. Not sure what that is as i've not been able to test it enough to pin the cause down reliably.

yeah, I've had the no foot steps sounds after using the jetpack since .855, I just exit the world and restart it and foot steps return.

• I've encountered a problem where it doesn't matter what % I have my minecraft volume set to the IC2 machines will always have 100% volume if I'm near them. Most annoying for macerators.

• For whatever reason on 1.15, macerator sound was working and then suddenly stopped, same with my induction furnace, but my compressor still has a sound.

Edit ha ha, heard my macerator miles from my house and then later could barely hear it running right next to it.

Edit Edit restarted the game today and macerator sound is normal. It seems to start gliitching as I continue in the game. Just my .02

• Are you running MAtmos perhaps? If you're a technic user you most likely are.

Try tapping F7 1x when you encounter sound issues.

• Are you running MAtmos perhaps? If you're a technic user you most likely are.

Try tapping F7 1x when you encounter sound issues.

yeah, I'm using Matmos, thanks for the tip, I will try it.

• For whatever reason on 1.15, macerator sound was working and then suddenly stopped, same with my induction furnace, but my compressor still has a sound.

Edit ha ha, heard my macerator miles from my house and then later could barely hear it running right next to it.

Edit Edit restarted the game today and macerator sound is normal. It seems to start gliitching as I continue in the game. Just my .02

The sudden stop of the sounds seem to happen also when you place items next to the machines. A moment later it starts again - as if the soundfile gets restarted.

Also, as mentioned - IC sounds dont react to the volume-slider.

6) Moving away from sound source cause hurge lag. (fps down to 1-10 from 200)

I don't have any experience with the other problems you're experiencing but this happened to me as well, I had to just disable IC sounds to fix it.