[Suggestion] Nether Vortex energy transferer

• you have to be there anyway, chunks that are unloaded dont provide power as far as i know

Ever notice when forums have a suggestion board, there's a small group of idiots who just hang around that little forum section? Yeah, I'm one of those guys. (c) by That one guy

• A possible way would be noting how much power's stored in either worlds transfer storage and track the transfer in the active world, then when you swap the tracked values get forced into the storages from which they were.
    Like when you got 10m in the nether it saves 10m and you leave it, then you start draining from that saved 10m (which it actually generates 'out of the void') until you either go to the nether or use all 10m up. So when you go back to the nether the storage from that the 10m were saved get's set to whatever's left.
    I guess using Laps would be easier, not only for Al but in the end for us too.
    Or for you MassFab lovers that need bigger dimensions, get a modder to just make an ITron Crystal, Iridium Plated Lapotrons :P with dunno 10m capacity?

I'd never need that, I'd only need 1 lap for setting up a remote miner and that only since a normal crystal can't hold enough, my mining operations normally need 250k so I prefer MSFU -> MV -> LV -> Miner - Pump -> GeoGen for when there should be lava to recharge a bit back ^^

On my install Mining Drill doesn't give off any sounds at all o.o
    Help! Somebody fix that please!
    Wait a sec... damnit.

no idea if he was serious but either way that was damn funny xD

• Official Post

why not just carry an inventory of lapatorn crystals?

Gotta agree with that.
    Given energy exchange between nether and world is either impossible (SSP) or difficult (SMP) any sort of "transport energy with a block activating upon using a nether portal" (which would yet again be a pain to code, if even possible) can actually be replaced by just carrying 36 Lapotron Crystals, don't you agree?

• Gotta agree with that.
    Given energy exchange between nether and world is either impossible (SSP) or difficult (SMP) any sort of "transport energy with a block activating upon using a nether portal" (which would yet again be a pain to code, if even possible) can actually be replaced by just carrying 36 Lapotron Crystals, don't you agree?

But what if we want to transfer more than 36 million worth of power over about 10 seconds?

• Gotta agree with that.

That's what i've been doin with great success. Feels like grocery shopping the way i have it set up tho lol.

• Gotta agree with that.

A) Because that requires an empty inventory
    B) it would requires 36 diamonds, 72 iron, 216 lapis lazuli, 264 Redstone, 1296 copper, and 2592 rubber

I do however appreciate that it may be difficult though I would insist it be kept in mind and toyed with now and then in case you think of a way that it would be possible. In large this post was to offer a way for it to be, in theory, possible to code. Even if it did it by placing an item into your inventory that used the damage value to determine how much energy was being transfered and then took it out on the other side I'd be fine with it. Saying that you can already do it by emptying out your entire inventory and magically being able to afford 36 lapotron crystals is not really helpful.

• B) it would requires 36 diamonds, 72 iron, 216 lapis lazuli, 264 Redstone, 1296 copper, and 2592 rubber.

I think you have a major error on the amount of copper and rubber required. Each Lapotron requires 2 circuits.. Just 2. so 72 circuits for the whole set of 36 crystals - that's 432 pieces of cable. You multiplied THAT by 3 copper and 6 rubber... you forgot that the recipe isn't for one cable, it's for 6. So the correct amount is 216 Copper and 432 Rubber.

Seriously, if you haven't got enough resources to make 36 Lapotrons, what are you doing setting up a power station in the Nether anyhow?

• An 'el cheapo' version of a Nether Power station would be to instead use a combination of BC Tanks and Pumps, Teleport Pipes (optional), 2.2.5 bucket filler*, and Lava Cells. Simply set up a series of BC tanks to receive lava from your pumps. Then connect said tanks to a/several bucket fillers full of lava cells. Then transport the cells to the Overworld to be received. Yes, this system does cost quite a bit of Tin, but it's worth the investment...

And it's more practical to have instead of trying to code cross-realm EU exchange...

*You can by-pass needing bucket filler with the old 'Mobile Pump' addon, and having a GeoGen in the Nether to keep it charged with as you collect Lava cells directly from the BC tanks

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• luminators, because glowstone just isn't enough.

So... you go to the Nether to get power for your luminators - which provide the same light level as glowstone blocks, but also need power... when instead you could just build Glowstone blocks from a material which could be found... in the Nether?

I really think you have obviously not given enough thought to the justifications for your actions. You're tilting at a windmill here.

• So... you go to the Nether to get power for your luminators - which provide the same light level as glowstone blocks, but also need power... when instead you could just build Glowstone blocks from a material which could be found... in the Nether?

I really think you have obviously not given enough thought to the justifications for your actions. You're tilting at a windmill here.

I am jesting here, good sir.

• 1: Install Charging bench addond
    2: Plug in a ton of geothermal energy
    3: Charge 12 laptron crystals via the bench
    4: Take them to the overworld
    5: ????
    6: Profit?

• I am jesting here, good sir.

In that case, it is funny. Hard to tell if you were serious, given some of the stuff I've seen around here (like people talking about using UU-M to make tin for fuel cells for a generator)...

• In that case, it is funny. Hard to tell if you were serious, given some of the stuff I've seen around here (like people talking about using UU-M to make tin for fuel cells for a generator)...

What? UUM for tin for fuel cells for a generator?

*dies from laughter*