Compressor & Macerator small modification

• Hello there you wonderful IndustrialCraft developer!!!
    First of all I want to thank you for all the hard and consistent work you put into this project. It is most appreciated.
    I would like to propose a small change with the Compressor and Macerator recipes:
    Macerator:
    --Cobblestone >> Gravel
    --Gravel >> Sand
    Compressor:
    --Gravel >> Flint

Also, is this the right place to ask for incorporating industrial diamond into BuildCraft recipes?( for diamond pipes and quarries) or should I find a way to communicate with SpaceToad? As a temporary solution I use custom recipes mod in order to make the transition at a rate of 3 indDiamond >> 2 Diamond (just because I am lazy to write all the recipes but if it helps I would be more than happy to do it ).

DFTBA!!!

• I have a different proposal, just hear me out, and please don't be offended.

First you macerate stone bricks into cracked stone bricks, and then cracked stone bricks into gravel. Also you would leave the macerating gravel into flint. This proposal although makes it harder to get flint out of cobblestone still maintains the one cobble to one flint ratio. Plus it would make use of new minecraft vanilla blocks and is simpler to execute.

• I have a different proposal, just hear me out, and please don't be offended.

First you macerate stone bricks into cracked stone bricks, and then cracked stone bricks into gravel. Also you would leave the macerating gravel into flint. This proposal although makes it harder to get flint out of cobblestone still maintains the one cobble to one flint ratio. Plus it would make use of new minecraft vanilla blocks and is simpler to execute.

I prefer your suggestion, it seems nicer.

• I actually much prefer the original suggestion actually. Less steps, way more simple.

Macerate Cobble into Gravel, Gravel into Sand.

Compress Gravel into Flint.

I have a buddy who needs a ton of sand for his fortress and I have like 4000 cobblestone and a massive store of solar power that I could use to provide that, not to mention my BC factory/forge could take the cobblestone, macerate it through two macerators, then dump it in a bin.

Stuff like that, I much prefer the first one.

Still remember the convo ending with "No, stop bugging me, cables transmitting energy are totally not possible! Use the batterys."

• I agree with Shadowclaimer here, cobblestone is raw building material and is converted into all other cosmetic building materials EXCEPT sand and sandstone. Logically if you grind up gravel you would get sand anyway. < :wacko:

I understand the original intent, you get flint occasionally from digging out a gravel block, so you should be able to convert all your gravel into flint through some process. I think splitting it into sand and flint is more useful. You can then use gravel as a raw material in glass production.

EDIT: Even after previewing my submission I had no clue what I was saying.

• So you want to change the current:
    Cobblestone->Macerate->Sand->Compressor->Sandstone
    Gravel->Macerate->Flint

With:
    Cobblestone->Macerate->Gravel->Macerate->Sand->Compressor->Sandstone
    Cobblestone->Macerate->Gravel->Compressor->Flint

??

• That's exactly what I am talking about. I thought I could mess around with the custom recipe mod but it doesn't cover the IC2 machines..... only standard workbench and furnace. Also asked around and someone suggested I modify the API somehow but I'm not a programmer..... or .... search around the addon area but found nothing.

• Yep.

Still remember the convo ending with "No, stop bugging me, cables transmitting energy are totally not possible! Use the batterys."

• Alblaka might argue that it is the same case as with coal and charcoal and unfortunately I have to agree with him but I am a fan of renewable resources and wood and cobblestone are as infinite as you can get. Can you imagine a fully automated diamond farm from start to finish? with the help of BC and Additional BC pipes the sky is indeed the limit. I already have a semi-automated tree farm and cobble generator and if I install the redstone (wireless) wiring mod (regular redstone would take a lot of space) HEYO!!!

Otherwise it all depends on the supply of coal and gravel my BC quarries can mine. ;(

• I would say, that less changes are better. Assuming that the goal is being able to make gravel from cobblestone, I think that either-

1. Adding cobble --(compresser)--> gravel

OR

2. Adding stone bricks --(macerator)--> gravel

would solve your problem nicely. Though I'd be happy to accept yours as well, because gravel to flint would be pretty nice.
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Also, while we're on the subject of adding more base resource conversions, I think that a nice one would be:

sandstone --(compresser)--> cobblestone/smooth stone

and maybe even:

gravel --(compresser)-- cobblestone/smooth stone

That way, all of the base building supplies could be converted among one another.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the
    generation. Social experiment.

• Macerator
    Stone Brick -> Cracked Stone Brick
    Cracked Stone Brick -> Cobblestone
    Smoothstone -> Cobblestone
    Cobblestone -> Gravel
    Gravel -> Sand

Compressor
    Cracked Stone Brick -> Stone Brick
    Cobblestone -> Smoothstone
    Gravel -> Flint
    Sand -> Sandstone

• Nice to see somebody suggesting what I already thought about and asked for in the old wiki (apparently the one who took them to this forum forgot about it or didn’t want it).
    I couldn’t be bothered to ask again, so I like your suggestion even more :)

I would be happy with the original idea as well as with the last two ones (just for the record ;) )