Suggestion: Nano-Tech Weaponry (and Nano-Tech in SMP)

• Name:
    Nano-Tech Rebalanced

Describtion:
    After playing IndustrialCraft for about 3 weeks, for whatever reason, I was motivated to install the Nano-Armor and try it out. Holy cow, it is so frickin' amazing! It's amazingly fun. Amazingly amazingly fun. But, at the same time, I understand why it isn't currently enabled in SMP - the Nano-Chest piece is (amazingly) overpowered! So I got to thinking about ways we could fix this situation.

First of all, I'd like it if some sort of Nano-based weapon was introduced. I've got three ideas in mind, though I'm not saying all three are needed.
    - The first is a Nano-tech Sword that does 5-10 hearts of damage, but also destroys large amounts of energy from Nano-armor, becoming the melee counter to the Nano-Chest piece. Like all Nano-tech, however, if it fell below 33% durability it would lose a lot of damage and lose the armor-damaging effect, but also be rechargeable.
    - Second idea: some sort of ranged weapon (e.g. gun, beam, mini-cannon :P ) that had very similar effects - damage to Nano-armor is enhanced, but needs to be recharged frequently.
    - The third idea I have is a bit unorthodox: a block similar to the Tesla Coil or Force Field that, when powered, saps energy from Nano-tech in a good-sized radius and actually returns it (via cable), allowing you to gain the power lost from the unfortunate Nano-soldier.

Any of these three weapons I think would become a strong counter to a fully outfitted Nano-soldier, perhaps persuading Alblaka to enable Nano-armor in SMP? (Please! :P )

Alternatively, if Nano-tech weaponry seems too strong or unreasonable to introduce, the Chest piece itself could be rebalanced. Currently, while above 33% it completely negates all damage that would be done to a player's hearts. I was thinking that instead it could heal the player slowly over time. Perhaps a rate of 1/2 a heart every 2 seconds would not be too overpowered? It would still allow a person outfitted in full Nano to be burst down by all sorts of tricks, whether it be melee combat, Tesla coils, or even a piston-lava trap ;)
    I dunno, I'd just really really like it if we had some - ANY - of the Nano-tech in SMP! I am almost salivating. Please consider it, Alblaka! :)

Recipe:
    I'll edit in some recipes in a short while, I've gotta run right now. Also, the recipes would be pretty variable based on what's implemented.

• I sense Crysis 2 fan. I forsee Your doom by not very usefull ideas...
    ALSO: Nano in SMP tends to disapper, adv. functions are off. Also also: bugs, not balanced etc. Nano is not good idea for SMP now. And when it gets unbugged, I am pretty sure it will be balanced too.

• Official Post

Nano-Suit will futurely be ported to SMP as well, thus the discussion is valid.

A anti-nano weapon is actually a great idea, and with some MeC code i can easyly implement it.
    As well, i've intended to add an energy-based "lightsword" type weapon either way... and actually Nano-Sword sounds way to cool, NOT to take it...
    Eventually i will code it to deal ~15 Base damage, Triple'd agaisnt NanoArmor. Additionally, this base damage would scale down with Consumed Energy of the weapon.
    Half durability = Only half the damage.
    this would cause the weapon to be solely powerful if you constantly recharge it in a Crystal Charger.

Fair tradeoff?

• sounds pretty good to me. I've been wanting some sort of nano-weapon.

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]