[AddOn v1.23] Energy Coupler v0.21.1 - Convert EUs <-> BuildCraft Energy

• *sad* I either have to upgrade to 1.23 and lose my favorite machine, the rotary macerator, downgrade my BC, or drop this mod since the BC 2.2.3 version is only for IC2 1.23....*sadness* What do you guys think I should do?

EDIT: Well, downgraded my BC, but do you guys think 1.23 is really worth losing the rotary macerator?

There's a Fan update on the last page ( as of time of writing) that updates it to IC2 1.23, I haven't tried it yet but it looks like it will work.

• Automated movement of stuff is part 2 of my recent upgrade, however I can't seem to figure out how to use this to power a wooden pipe extracting from a chest.

Frustrated, I finally gave up on trying to power it via forms of redstone pipe and instead put the f-ing thing right next to it, success at last.

• ehm.... you didn't read previous page did you?

Ever notice when forums have a suggestion board, there's a small group of idiots who just hang around that little forum section? Yeah, I'm one of those guys. (c) by That one guy

• To the maker of this mod will you be making a redpower/bc/ic converter as well that way my solar farm will power my whole houise MWAHAHAHAHHAA

I am Part of generation 21 The first time you see this post it in your signature and +1 on every/any forum (so if you see this for the first time you are generation 22 =)

• Here's my thinking on the Oil Mass Fabricator with some back of the envelope calculations. Fuel has a burn time of 50,000 and an output of 5 BC energy per burn. That's 250,000 BC Energy for one bucket of fuel in an iron engine. Convert that to EUs at 2.5:1 and thats about 625,000 EUs. Put that in the Oil Mass Fabricator block and you have roughly 10 buckets of oil from one bucket of fuel. Powering a refinery with renewable energy is pretty trivial. I think a block of 32 Solar Generators should be able to power a refinery without having to use any non-renewable resources. Refine that into more fuel, rinse and repeat.

I just did some tests... You get 16 buckets of oil out of a full MFSU, or 625,000EU/bucket.
    A water-cooled combustion engine (running at green all the time) gave me 507,480EU. With the energy and time required to refine the oil, over 20% of your energy is lost in that cycle.

However, fuel is a nice, dense energy storage medium. 8,000,000EU per one-block tank. A 20-high tank can cheaply store 160MEU. A bank of twelve combustion engines (fairly cheap) means you can get almost full MV (10EU/t each) at the flip of a switch. So if you're not dumping all of your extra power into a mass fab, you can generate some oil, then use smaller amounts of renewables for your base load generation and fire up the generators when you need peak power. (can save some diamonds that would have gone to MFSUs...)

• Will 1.7 work with 1.15 IC^2? I'm waiting on a few other Add-On's to update before I move on to the latest version of IC^2, lol

(If not, can I get the most recent back version of this add-on for that version of IC, if it's not too much to ask?)

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Will 1.7 work with 1.15 IC^2? I'm waiting on a few other Add-On's to update before I move on to the latest version of IC^2, lol

(If not, can I get the most recent back version of this add-on for that version of IC, if it's not too much to ask?)

0.17 should be for IC2 1.15. 0.18 is the version I updated to IC2 1.23. At least that's what I have in my changelog :P Hard to keep track of this and work sometimes...

• It`s not a mod!!!
    This is my dream!!!
    I want it for my SMP server 4me & my sons...

• *sad* I either have to upgrade to 1.23 and lose my favorite machine, the rotary macerator, downgrade my BC, or drop this mod since the BC 2.2.3 version is only for IC2 1.23....*sadness* What do you guys think I should do?

EDIT: Well, downgraded my BC, but do you guys think 1.23 is really worth losing the rotary macerator?

neither in the near end pages of the adv machines there is a temp patch for 1.23 you cant mace the RP tin or copper if you are using it htat way you can keep all of them I'm running BC IC^2 RPpre3
    adv machines nad energy coupler on 1.24 and the newest BC and all if fine oh also EE portal gun wireless redstone zepplin nad timber =)

I am Part of generation 21 The first time you see this post it in your signature and +1 on every/any forum (so if you see this for the first time you are generation 22 =)

• im running Build craft 2.2.4(with avance pipes), IC2 1.23 btw 3.0, portal gun v4, rp2pr3, dyanimo 1.35, wireless redstone v4. and still cant get it to work can you give me a link and i'll look in to IC2 1.24

• im running Build craft 2.2.4(with avance pipes), IC2 1.23 btw 3.0, portal gun v4, rp2pr3, dyanimo 1.35, wireless redstone v4. and still cant get it to work can you give me a link and i'll look in to IC2 1.24

Requirements:
    IndustrialCraft2 v1.23
    BuildCraft 2.2.3 (all parts)

Think about it... for... just a moment. :)

• it's not the case
    i have BC 2.2.4 - works like a charm

Ever notice when forums have a suggestion board, there's a small group of idiots who just hang around that little forum section? Yeah, I'm one of those guys. (c) by That one guy

• Dunno which addon fault is it, but it doesnt work with buildcraft teleportation pipes. It detects blocks that are using energy in that pipe, just not teleportation pipe. Or Im doing something wrong?

IC2 1.23
    Buildcraft 2.2.4
    Coupler 0.19
    Teleportation pipes

• Dunno which addon fault is it, but it doesnt work with buildcraft teleportation pipes. It detects blocks that are using energy in that pipe, just not teleportation pipe. Or Im doing something wrong?

IC2 1.23
    Buildcraft 2.2.4
    Coupler 0.19
    Teleportation pipes

When using teleport pipes I noticed you cannot directly attach them to machines. Have you tried putting a gold or stone energy pipe against the machine and then the TP pipe?

• Would it be possible to change the redstone signal to shut off the power conversion instead of switching the conversion of power? There is a lot of energy wasted in conversion because it cannot be stored on the BC2 side. Then you could possibly set up a GUI to select your conversion from IC2 to BC2 and vice versa?

• Would it be possible to change the redstone signal to shut off the power conversion instead of switching the conversion of power? There is a lot of energy wasted in conversion because it cannot be stored on the BC2 side. Then you could possibly set up a GUI to select your conversion from IC2 to BC2 and vice versa?

Funny enough, that's what I'm currently working on for v0.20. The hard part was figuring out how to make the GUI work in SMP. I think I have that worked out though. Should be ready in a couple of days.