Could someone explain Traveling Distance with MFSU x 8.

• So I have this setup below. Solar array on top my house about 500 panels now. I have it feeding into a single MFSU then parallel to 8 MFSU. This makes all 8 charge at once. This much I know is that each one will then send out a 8 x 512 packet to my mas fabricator you can see at the side. Then down using glass fiber to my MV then LV and my machines.

What I want to do is create a teleport shack outside away. I want to supply it lots of power and from what I was told the only way to feed it power is having it directly beside or on top of something like a MFSU or another lower battery but I was planning traveling 2,000 blocks away.

So the first question is iron wire x4 isolated lets just say I wanted it to go 100 blocks. How much energy would I truly lose? Let me make this easier.

moving 8 x MFSU at 512 packets down 100 blocks and draining 100% of it's power overtime. So I started with 80 Million what would I end up with?

Also someone really needs to work on teleporter system. Should work like a MFSU or something allow multiple packets incoming rather then having it sit right beside a MFSU. I guess my teleporter would have to be a 1x1 and hide the MFSU by the walls and under the teleporter. Seems silly to me I guess I could get away doing a front wall design but that would give max 20mil energy...

PS: Yes I see the wiki page I just don't understand how the math works. If you can help me using mine as a example maybe I can learn :)

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• You will run in to at least these problems:

1) Teleporting is ruinously expensive at 2000 blocks. I did a rough estimate of me + a mostly full inventory and got a base cost of ~7.5k per block; you want to go 2000 blocks. You have just hit 15 million; that's 1.5 MFSUs; you will need your teleporter pad /touching/ 2 MFS units.

2) Massive problems in SMP; I tried setting it up for about 1/4th your distance and could not even get the two teleports to /lock/ let alone actually transit. When I use server mod tools to 'warp' to coords the block isn't even loaded and it treats me as if spawning at X,Z instead (only worse since I wound up within a freaking cave the first teleport).

3) 4X ins using HV (2048eU/pulse) still costs you roughly 1eV per block traveled. You'll spend ~100/2000 or 5% of all the energy used (15M again) over the project's lifetime of teleports and recharges. At the distance you are going it would take exactly ceil(100/6) diamonds (this is about 17) to just run glass there instead. I have >17 diamonds sitting in my chest from using a quad minor on a ~64x64 area right now (spare); however if you have the spare energy required to do this than I'd suggest massfabing diamonds instead or in parallel to mining. The cost in energy is about the same either way; though the mining actually gives you more of other things you crave.

PS: the loss distance for 'glass' is either 1/20 or 1/40 (I've not tested which is correct). In any event redstone placed properly near a pair of back to back MVTFs with their 512 faces outwards and 6 gold placed to connect the other three sides should more than suffice (again untested, but it creates 4x128 pathways between the two) Since you'd need 2/3 pairs anyway this also lowers the cost by one diamond and increases it by a handful of copper rubber, and a few machine blocks (the iron's actually the most costly part of the signal regeneration).

• *adds another problem to the list*
    Unless the chunk with the receiving teleporter (and possibly all the chunks in the middle) the receiving MFSU(s) won't even get power [cos it, or part of the power network would be in unloaded chunks]. (Guess that'd only be a problem for the return-trip though, but it did sound like you wanted to power the second teleporter with the MFSUs you have there.)

• Thanks for the info. Yeah the teleporting went to hell. My players are really sad today. We were starting build a teleport network.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• Thanks for the info. Yeah the teleporting went to hell. My players are really sad today. We were starting build a teleport network.

Ah, it is for SMP. You could have players bring their own lapotron crystals to teleport themselves :P
    Or let each teleporter have its own energy supply (probably nuclear power) and then you could just figure it out in trips per minute [or hour(s)] based off the energy generation capabilities.

• Teleporters should load their destination on an attempt to travel, and if it doesn't have enough energy nearby it would then check the other end. That way you can have one teleport nexus with a huge powerplant, and simple tellies with no power where you want to go :D

• I was working on these last night, too. It seems that (in SMP, not sure about SSP) teleporters are fairly useless long-distance. I was unable to link or use teleporters unless there was already someone near the other end to cause that chunk to be loaded. So, you can use them to get around a large base, or up and down from mines, but not where they'd be really useful. :(

Don't know if they work in the Nether, but you could travel 1k overworld blocks in one TP while staying within your own loaded-chunk range. Power would be a headache down there, though. Would also limit your TP power to 640k EU or so (full inv/armor over 128 blocks)

• If you have buildcraft and zeldos additional pipes, then the chunkloading feature of the teleport pipe would keep the teleporter loaded in server memory.

You could then use the teleport pipe for lavacells from a convenient factory to power the remote teleporter, eliminating the need for the extremely long powerlines...

Guess i have a plan for my own little server once i get my infrastructure up a few notches.

• You could use two of the bc <-> IC2 energy converters and some zeldo's energy tport pipes...

solar -> mfsu -> IC2BC -> tport send -> tport receive -> BC2IC -> mfsu -> teleporter

• Has anyone tried setting up teleporters in the nether? 7 overworld blocks = 1 nether block AND theres plenty of geothermal energy just sitting there

• Bukkit, at least, can do multiple worlds. The teleporter pipe mod and other systems, I have /no/ idea how they'd even begin to address multi-world communication.

• Teleporters should load their destination on an attempt to travel, and if it doesn't have enough energy nearby it would then check the other end. That way you can have one teleport nexus with a huge powerplant, and simple tellies with no power where you want to go :D

I've simply taken to using F4113nb34st's Personal Teleporters instead. Then you can just use "dumb" pads on the destination end, and two-way travel between A&B just requires a pair of remotes. Trip cost is 1 million each way, no matter the distance - it's still expensive, but reasonable, and it makes mass teleportation a lot more feasible.