Building materials factory

• This is a factory I put together on my prototyping/test map of a factory that produces building materials:
    Cobble (blocks, stairs & slabs)
    Smooth stone (blocks & slabs)
    Stone bricks (blocks & stairs)
    Sand
    Sandstone (blocks & slabs)
    Glass & Glass panes

You can produce any/all of the above resources in varying ratios by tweaking the settings on the AdditionalPipes distributors. It draws between 2 and 75 or so EU/t depending on what you're producing.

Overview of the whole thing. Cobble gen at the top, smooth stone processing right, cobble processing bottom, sand/glass left:

Cobble generator. Nothing particularly original here, really. Uses 9 of the Redpower2 block breakers on a 2.5s timer. I had to buffer the output in the chests because the breakers seem to glitch if they can't easily find storage.

Smooth stone processing. Induction furnaces are impressively fast when they're hot! It takes 3 output pipes to keep it from filling up when it's going full bore. Unfortunately, I don't know of any way to distribute the input across both slots so you have to wait for one to fill before it reaches full speed. The distributor pipes can be adjusted to change the production ratios. Right now it produces a fairly even amount of everything. You could build it into a base and keep it running, diverting overflow to a recycler, and always keep your material topped off. Cobble processing is more of the same, but without the furnace...

The BFM 9000! 24 macerators with distributor pipes to even out the load. Even that many can't quite keep up with the full output of the cobble gen, though. This draws a little over 40EU/t when all of the macerators are running.

Sand & glass processing. Just more tubes and crafting tables... Again with the variable ratios by adjusting the distributor pipes.

• Bad.. ass.

If you're wanting to save some room btw, try using Personal Safes, same room as a 2 wide chest, they also can have stuff pulled out with wooden pipes =P

Still remember the convo ending with "No, stop bugging me, cables transmitting energy are totally not possible! Use the batterys."

• Snipey:
    The server is on 1.23, and I think Adv. Machines is only available for 1.15 still... Honestly, when I build it "for real," I'll probably use fewer macerators, at least at first, to save on iron. The real power of this is that you can spread out the cobble and have a constant production of everything to keep things full. Speed isn't as important.

It would probably be worth adding a generic input to the macerators and a filter on the output. That way you can shut down the factory and use the macerators for everything else in between. In fact, I might steal Shadowclaimer's recirculating injector design from his Recyclonator to make it so that you can dump other stuff in there while the factory is running, even. :D For that matter, using that design, you could just have one massive Maceratron in your base somewhere and shove everthing through it.

Shadowclaimer:
    This was a proof-of-concept, so it's a bit sprawled out... I think you'd actually only need 2 chests for the whole thing, anyway, but thanks for the tip. I keep forgetting about those things!

• How did you get that information in the top left of those screenshots? Time, biome and such? What mod is that?

• What power converter mod were you using? I found well pun Power Converters to take any and all energy and it really sucks when doing work on creating things for example I have a large quarry if I pump in a MFSU it will drain the MFSU at like 512 EU... I had to use a batbox to downgrade it. So I was wondering if you had better suggestion.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• What power converter mod were you using? I found well pun Power Converters to take any and all energy and it really sucks when doing work on creating things for example I have a large quarry if I pump in a MFSU it will drain the MFSU at like 512 EU... I had to use a batbox to downgrade it. So I was wondering if you had better suggestion.

I'm using Power Crystals' Power Converters mod. Yeah, it sucks that you can't throttle them somehow. For quarries and stuff, the only way to do it without messing up your power grid is to keep them off of it, and use wind gens or solar directly connected. (4 wind or 12 solar is about right for a quarry)

Aside from quarries and stuff (that can easily be off-grid), I'll probably be converting the other way, mostly. For example, I like the oil generator for using excess EU to cheaply store power as fuel, which can be quickly turned back into EU as needed.
    I built this, which has 40 combustion engines, and puts out 480EU/t. It's only 9x6x10 (modular, so it can actually be 9x6x(N/4), where N is the number of combustion engines you want/need/can afford).

• That is amazing. I have not experience much of BC at all but how much lava does it take err should I say to run per engine for time wise? Do you think that converting BC power is better then say massive solar arrays hehe?

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• That is amazing. I have not experience much of BC at all but how much lava does it take err should I say to run per engine for time wise? Do you think that converting BC power is better then say massive solar arrays hehe?

One bucket of fuel will run an engine for quite a while. You get around 625,000 EU out of a fuel bucket at around 12EU/t, so that would be about 52,000 ticks or around 40 minutes. The combustion engines will hold 10 buckets of fuel each, so it will run for a little under 7 hours and produce 250 mil EU without refueling.

Probably less laggy than solar, but that generator there uses over 900 iron. :( Buildcraft pumps are really expensive iron-wise. Depending on how many buckets you need, it might actually be cheaper to build a CASUC reactor (except that that would probably blow up on an SMP server, and this won't). :P Something 1/4 the size is probably more realistic, and would still fill up an MV line. This one has an interlock on the control switches that force you to run the redstone engines on the pumps continuously for 10min (to warm them up) before it lets you start the combustion engines, so that's another consideration.

• dam thats awesome thanks for the math speed :)

YW :)

I did some additional testing, and it looks like one pump can cool one combustion engine if it's powered by two redstone engines, two with three, and three with four. With some fiddling I was able to reduce the number of pumps required from 40 to 16 for 40 engines, which is a savings of like 300 iron. :)

Not as pretty, though :(