[1.23]rubber saplings being duplicated by Red power 2 pr3b deployer with bonemeal

  • Basicly any item that you put inside is used as if the player had right clicked while holding said item.


    So for instance a normal block would just be placed, Or a flint and steel will make fire.


    I can't really get much more specific as I am not Eloraam and as a result did not code the deployer.

  • There is a dupe bug with Redstone Torches and the Block Breaker with RedPower2 Pr3. If you put a Redstone Torch on top of the block it breaks, it dupes the torch when it breaks it... Seems as though it's not just confined to redstone torches.

  • Basicly any item that you put inside is used as if the player had right clicked while holding said item.


    So for instance a normal block would just be placed, Or a flint and steel will make fire.


    I can't really get much more specific as I am not Eloraam and as a result did not code the deployer.


    That's already a quite useful information.


    Somebody wants to try rightclicking at the grass block below a placed rubber sapling while holding another rubber sapling? If it's using the rightclick mechanisms this should either cause the same bug, or show up it's not related to the RubberSapl itself.

  • Okay I tried that and if i right clicked on the grass block directly under the placed sapling with another rubber sappling then nothing happened but when I right clicked on the sapling itself with another sapling the sapling I was holding was planted. So I was not able to duplicate the error ''by hand" so to speak.

  • Okay I tried that and if i right clicked on the grass block directly under the placed sapling with another rubber sappling then nothing happened but when I right clicked on the sapling itself with another sapling the sapling I was holding was planted. So I was not able to duplicate the error ''by hand" so to speak.


    Where exactly did it get planted? Next to the other sapling? "inside it" (as in wasting a sapling item for no actual effect)?

  • That's great and sucks.
    On the one hand it does mean the RubberSap isn't bugged within the basic function. Because placing it "against" another sapling is a valid behavior.
    On the other hand we didnt find the actual issue.


    Next up would be a check of bonemeal-on-Rubbersapling functionality, i guess. Somebody can try growing Rubber Trees with bonemeal in different settings (f.e. in limited space, pillars, etc)?

  • I'm Pretty sure limited space is not an issue, I think it is an interaction bug between IC2 rubber saplings and RP2 deployers, Maybe some collaboration between yourself And Eloraam would help or maybe even solve the problem. I'm pretty sure neither one has a problem on their own I just think It is when the two start to interact with eachother.


    If you would like I could contact eloraam again.

  • That's great and sucks.
    On the one hand it does mean the RubberSap isn't bugged within the basic function. Because placing it "against" another sapling is a valid behavior.
    On the other hand we didnt find the actual issue.


    Next up would be a check of bonemeal-on-Rubbersapling functionality, i guess. Somebody can try growing Rubber Trees with bonemeal in different settings (f.e. in limited space, pillars, etc)?


    Boenmealing a rubber sapling destroys transparent blocks around the trunk.

  • possibly it run grow code two times:
    as normal sapling superclass event
    as onuse event from block


    try to use ForgeHooks.onUseBonemeal instead blockActivated, cant test myself (simply do not know how to use forgehooks...)


    and yes, rubber saplings will grow ever in 1*1 holes, destruction of blocks comes from destruction of leaves ongrow.


    and this both are vanilla behaivior, normal trees also destroy glass and torches in 1.7 (and possibly still destroy).

  • Another bit of information that might be helpful... I don't think the deployers use exactly the same right-click code as the player...


    I tried using a deployer with tree taps to make an automated rubber farm and it doesn't work. If it was exactly the same code as a normal right click, it should...


    Or so I assume...