Suggestion: Have batbox/MFS/MFE generate redstone current when full

• Well, in my particular case I want to be able to use it to turn enable or disable a teleport pipe. I'm sure there are lots of other applications.

• There are so /many/ possible uses for this. You could regulate power switching in a number of ways. You could even use this to turn off an automated nuke plant when your storage units filled up.

• Official Post

You can't give a machine the same source of in-and-output. ElectricBlocks already use redstone input to stop providing power.
    If we make them output redstone, as well, they will redstone themselves.
    Even worse, it would prevent anyone from using compact setups, since they would as well effect electric blocks surrounding them, f.e. transformers.

• We could have a Redstone Bat-box (in addition to the normal bat-box) for instance that could be crafted with a bat-box and a piece of redstone on top. It wouldn't stop providing power when redstone is applied like normal bat-boxes, but it would output it's own redstone current in one (or more) sides.

• You can't give a machine the same source of in-and-output. ElectricBlocks already use redstone input to stop providing power.
    If we make them output redstone, as well, they will redstone themselves.
    Even worse, it would prevent anyone from using compact setups, since they would as well effect electric blocks surrounding them, f.e. transformers.

How about a secondary block that can be coupled (placed right next to) to any power storage block that outputs a redstone signal if that device is full. Actually a configurable threshold or even just full / 50% / empty would be helpful. It could even be non-full height (like a redstone repeater) so that the face could still be used for recharging.

• this thing will emit signal - and stop output of energy storage

Ever notice when forums have a suggestion board, there's a small group of idiots who just hang around that little forum section? Yeah, I'm one of those guys. (c) by That one guy

• Don't Eloraam's timer's from her Redpower Logic mod output redstone signal and shut off on an input signal? Why couldn't the power boxes do that?

As thorbo said, you'd still need a seperate "redstone power box" so normal ones could still be compact.

• To clarify my earlier suggestion, I'm talking about an extra block that's /directional/ when it generates the redstone signal; like a diode.

• I would love this myself but maybe with bluestone... Why not create a new kind of power source. I would love to use it as a indicator purely only to let you know if something is running or if something is full.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• A new kind of storage box that ouputs redstone when full (instead of being switched on/off by redstone) could be interesting, I could see some uses in that.

Also making it a whole new storage system instead of a feature of the batbox makes it easier to implement.

Still remember the convo ending with "No, stop bugging me, cables transmitting energy are totally not possible! Use the batterys."