Suggestion: BC pipe like cables

• I was thinking perhaps the cables could be changed to be skinnier and look and work somewhat like the BuildCraft pipes do to connect up.

It would definitely look much better than huge meter-wide cable blobs.

• I posted a similar suggestion recently, asking for a change to the cable models to work more like eloraam's redpower mod. Unfortunately
    changing the models for the cables and having them work the way Alblaka wants is easier said than done. He is however planning to add
    new cable types, including some visual cue as to whether power is running through them. Maybe some day he can implement cleaner
    looking wires, but for now its something we just have to overlook.

• I posted a similar suggestion recently, asking for a change to the cable models to work more like eloraam's redpower mod. Unfortunately
    changing the models for the cables and having them work the way Alblaka wants is easier said than done. He is however planning to add
    new cable types, including some visual cue as to whether power is running through them. Maybe some day he can implement cleaner
    looking wires, but for now its something we just have to overlook.

In this case, definately function over form.
    But when speaking in topic of how cables should look in my opinion, I would choose Eloraam's style over BC pipes. They just fit better and, well, looks more like cabling :)

• I'd love Eloraam OR BuildCraft style cables, anything other than the not-so-pretty cables we have now, that has more resemblance to compressed cow dung than cable (or maybe Al prefers cables to be humongous to fit with the setting, i dunno :| ).

• On the other hand, if you intend to hide your cables, the texture would bug out, or am i wrong?

Buildcraft – spilling items.™

• On the other hand, if you intend to hide your cables, the texture would bug out, or am i wrong?

If your talking about using the obscurator with eloraam style cables, that wouldn't work. But if you've used the RedPower mod then you
    would see there is also a face plate system which allows you to put partial blocks around the wiring, making it look like a normal block
    of various types, depending on what you made the plates out of. The plates actually occupy the same block as the wire too, so it doesnt
    stop you from placing blocks directly beside the wire. If you havn't tried Eloraam's mods, i highly recommend.

Also, I think I may have earlier misquoted Alblaka. When he said "differently colored cables" I think he meant different colors of cables
    carry independant flows of electricity, as Eloraam's wires do, and not that the cables will change color when electricity is flowing through
    them.