[Addon v1.95]Rocket Science v0.89 - flying autominers, missiles, and nuclear fusion!

• hi Kentington.
    at first , awesome work. This mod is simply awesome :)
    i want to make a suggestion for your mod.
    Currently you have to enter the coordinates with this device or by hand.
    this is of course not the best method for an "automated" rocket system.

So here my suggestion.
    Redpower Cables have 16 different colors, so you can carry the 16th of information in it compared to normal redstone.
    With 16 Bit you can show numbers up to 65536. Or you can devide these 16 Bit in 2 Bytes. And you can say the first Byte is the x-axis and the second byte is the y-axis.
    So you have 256 numbers for each axis.
    If you use 128 for the positive and 128 for positive numbers, you can give the rockets the positions over redstone cables in an area of [-128,-128] to [+128,+128].
    Of course it's also posible to count in steps of five blocks, so that you have an area of [-640,-640] to [+640,+640].

In my opinion this would be quite awesome.
    btw. it is posible to acces at RedPower Cables. e.g. Computercraft can do this...
    Pls answer if you like this Idea or not :)
    And sry for my bad english :D

• I second the idea for imput via redpower cables. I currently have missile silos, and entering coordinates by hand is a pain. Doing it all on a computer is way cool!

• I have he same problem walternate did and nil227 has, cant place missile targetin or missile defence

Please help

• I installed IC² in the .jar instead of in the /mod file and now everything seems to work (IC² loads before RocketScience now)

I also get the Steve-ish texture in the descending rockets and it seems the recipe of the Wet/Dry vac is set without the RE Battery's damage value so it's not possible to craft it legit (I created a CustomRecipes file in order to do so, but it's not the proper solution...).

• is the fusion reactor really weaker than fission? coz the maximum possible EU/t produced by the nuclear reactor from ablaka's ic2 is over 2000 EU/t, while the fusion produces only 128EU/t. i wish there would be a multi-chamber support for fusion reactor in order to have a greater EU/t.

• Hi! I'm having a minor problem...

FINER: THROW
    java.lang.IllegalAccessError: class rocketScience.GUISeparator cannot access its superclass gb
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredFields0(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredFields(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredFields(Unknown Source)
    at ModLoader.setupProperties(ModLoader.java:1720)
    at ModLoader.addMod(ModLoader.java:292)
    at ModLoader.readFromModFolder(ModLoader.java:1283)
    at ModLoader.init(ModLoader.java:886)
    at ModLoader.addAllRenderers(ModLoader.java:186)
    at aho.<init>(aho.java:79)
    at aho.<clinit>(aho.java:9)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:395)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:732)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I'm playing this off a .minecraft file with all of Industrial-War's mods installed (but am not trying to play multiplayer with this mod) and this happens every time I try to run minecraft. The IC2 folder is in the right place, as is the Rocket Science .jar.

• is the fusion reactor really weaker than fission? coz the maximum possible EU/t produced by the nuclear reactor from ablaka's ic2 is over 2000 EU/t, while the fusion produces only 128EU/t. i wish there would be a multi-chamber support for fusion reactor in order to have a greater EU/t.

The Fission reactor that outputs 2000 EU/t requires a lot of manual maintenance to control along with a lot of setup to work. One slip of the hand and it goes critical then explodes. After a quick check of the Reactor thread, the best mark 2 reactor does 180 EU/t while running, average 112 EU/t after cooling down. The Fusion Reactor outputs 128 EU/t without risk of meltdown or needing to cool down. As long as you can keep it fueled it'll keep running safely. I think the Fusion is balanced as it is, its easy, free power once you have it set up.

• The Fission reactor that outputs 2000 EU/t requires a lot of manual maintenance to control along with a lot of setup to work. One slip of the hand and it goes super-critical then explodes. After a quick check of the Reactor thread, the best mark 2 reactor does 180 EU/t while running, average 112 EU/t after cooling down. The Fusion Reactor outputs 128 EU/t without risk of meltdown or needing to cool down. As long as you can keep it fueled it'll keep running safely. I think the Fusion is balanced as it is, its easy, free power once you have it set up.

Fixed. In the nuclear industry, "critical" means normal operating parameters. What you're thinking of is super-criticality - or, more precisely, a condition known as prompt super-critical. If a reactor ever reached prompt critical, the accepted response is to bend over and kiss your ass goodbye. Super-criticality is needed to actually turn the reactor on from a cold start, but it is ever so slightly supercritical when this happens - nuclear engineering covers a lot of the nuts and bolts of how the process actually occurs.

Sorry for the terminology rant, but I needed to point it out.

• I swear I've installed everything properly, but that's what I keep getting.

What shall I do? This error is hyper annoying.
    I have a Mac, if it matters.

• I installed this addon on a fresh install with modloader,forge, ic2, buildcraft , forestry, computercraft and red power 2 ( which to this point is all working as it should ) and then install the addon ontop of it replacing the energynet thing.

Still it acts like the mod is not installed ingame i cant craft anything at all. Altho the config is created but somehow it seems like its not loaded due to the fact that it should have conflicting block id´s which it hasnt. The game itsself boots up as normal.

I even tried installing ic2 in the jar which and leaving the mod itsself in the mods folder, where the same thing happens.

Even when i install the mod itsself in the jar and leave ic2 itsself in the jar it is not doing its job.

Its like the mod is not there.

Using ic2 1.95b and of course therefore minecraft 1.2.5

• If you read earlier posts this addon doesnt play nicely with forestry...

"A modern tank can speed at 60 mph while shooting a target with pinpoint accuracy from 5 miles away." Civ-5

• I tried to install rocket science.

A complete fresh Minecraft-instalation, Modloader 1.2.5 and Forge 3.1.2.94 and IC2 1.95b are installed and work happily together.

i placed the RocketScience.jar in my Mods Folder, i decompressed the industrialcraft-2-client_1.95b.jar, replaced the EnergyNet classes and compressed it again.

If i start Minecraft, the modloader tries first to load the RocketScience addon.But the classes of IC2 are not loaded and so he crashes.

If you need the Logfile, i will post it.

I think it is an great Mod and hope it will work soon on my machine. [mac os 10.7]

• I found the solution to my problem. Either this mod or forge doing something strange. When it has a conflicting id it simply does not load the mod instead of giving a proper crash. in modloader.txt it states the conflict but the game itsself is loading fine just without the mod.

• I installed IC² in the .jar instead of in the /mod file and now everything seems to work (IC² loads before RocketScience now)

I also get the Steve-ish texture in the descending rockets and it seems the recipe of the Wet/Dry vac is set without the RE Battery's damage value so it's not possible to craft it legit (I created a CustomRecipes file in order to do so, but it's not the proper solution...).

Sorry, what exactly did you do? Di you install the industrialcraft-2-client_1.95b.jar in mine craft.jar? I'm having the same problem you did.
    Please help.

• Well, Kent, having officially used your machines, I have only one thing to suggest:

Can the Isotopic Separator have upgrade slots like on basic machines? It's a pain having to step down my energy from 512 EU/t from my MFSU to 32 EU/t for the separators. In addition, since I have it part of my massive autocrafting factory, it's way a little too slow for how long it takes to craft everything. But, I suppose it can't be helped.

• Sorry, what exactly did you do? Di you install the industrialcraft-2-client_1.95b.jar in mine craft.jar? I'm having the same problem you did.
    Please help.

I use Magic Launcher. You just need to click the "Add" button and select the industrialcraft-2-client_1.95.jar file but make sure it's placed below ModLoader and Forge (click Up and Down buttons if you need to).

• I use Magic Launcher. You just need to click the "Add" button and select the industrialcraft-2-client_1.95.jar file but make sure it's placed below ModLoader and Forge (click Up and Down buttons if you need to).

Very bad idea there. IC2 isn't mean to be installed in the jar, it's supposed to go in the mods folder.