[Addon v1.95]Rocket Science v0.89 - flying autominers, missiles, and nuclear fusion!

• Will you ever update to MC1.4.6 or so? I love(d) this mod really and i miss it :(

Hey, no worries: if a modder says they're doing something that is going to take a lot of time, that means when it does happen it will be EPIC! woo!
    (no pressure Kentington :whistling: )

Anywho, if you want a fusion reactor you can actually get that from GregTech, albeit at a ridiculously high price for a preposterous EU gain. (What the possible point of 100,000 eu/t could be short of an industrial UUM farm is beyond me.) And nuclear missiles can come from the ICBM mod (regrettably, it works off of the hopeless Universal Electricity mod...). You can also use the Explosives+ mod, but... wow are they overpowered and underpriced. Still fun though ;)

Addendum: OH! And I know you didn't, but make really, really sure you don't ask for any release dates or updates on progress. The IC2 Dev team is extremely butthurt about a lot of rude people hounding them in the past, and won't even blink before permabanning anyone for even tangentially asking for anything like that, even related to addons.

• Hey, no worries: if a modder says they're doing something that is going to take a lot of time, that means when it does happen it will be EPIC! woo!
    (no pressure Kentington :whistling: )

Anywho, if you want a fusion reactor you can actually get that from GregTech, albeit at a ridiculously high price for a preposterous EU gain. (What the possible point of 100,000 eu/t could be short of an industrial UUM farm is beyond me.) And nuclear missiles can come from the ICBM mod (regrettably, it works off of the hopeless Universal Electricity mod...). You can also use the Explosives+ mod, but... wow are they overpowered and underpriced. Still fun though ;)

Addendum: OH! And I know you didn't, but make really, really sure you don't ask for any release dates or updates on progress. The IC2 Dev team is extremely butthurt about a lot of rude people hounding them in the past, and won't even blink before permabanning anyone for even tangentially asking for anything like that, even related to addons.

Agreed. Everyone stop asking for updates, Kentington said he will update, and he will. Chill out until then. On a related note, I wouldn't call University Electricity useless, it's come a long way.

• Official Post

Lots of work done lately, but sadly not of the sort that makes pretty screenshots. So here's my planned release schedule as a consolation prize:

Alpha release (aka, not content-complete but all core systems implemented) will probably come in late February, heavily subject to my work schedule, and will be released to a few testers (more on that in a future post). Features include:

• Research tree covering all of the below, including upgrades to the research equipment itself. Only terrestrial devices (20th-early 21st century) will be available at this point. There will be an in-game crafting guide, so once you've built your laboratory there's no need to check a wiki for crafting instructions.
    • New terrestrial ores (aluminum, titanium, tungsten, chromium) and special smelting/alloying equipment
    • Tinkering system allowing for customization and upgrades to individual tools/machines/vehicles
    • Multi-tier rocketry system including modular construction, targeting, and various payloads
    • Fuel processing and storage infrastructure allowing the mixing of thousands of possible combinations, which may prove useful... or explosive.
    • Various machinery and tools (unfortunately not even half of what's planned for the full release)
    • Electricity/steam/fuel transmission infrastructure (I realize that this duplicates some IC2 functionality, but it was unavoidable. However, one of the design goals for RS electricity is to more closely approach real-world grids - in particular, that means no storage blocks exist, and the number of machines you can have running simultaneously is limited by generation capacity)
    • GPS and imaging satellites
    • Basic personal space stations, plus oxygen mechanics for airless regions
    • Vehicle bay and rover vehicle (with a few upgrade modules)

Soon after I'll release an update to testers which includes all remaining terrestrial tools, machines, satellites, rover upgrades, and the like.

The "Moon Update" will be the first one released to the general public once beta testing is complete. (Your guess is as good as mine as to when that will be!) Features:

• Moon dimension, accessible via rocket once certain research is complete
    • Fusion reactors and "Fusion Age" (near-futuristic) gadgets, researchable once you start mining lunar helium-3. New equipment will be available in all categories - you'll be able to double smelting efficiency with the new Plasma Furnace and blow holes in creepers with your Gauss rifle.
    • Plasma engines for improved spacecraft, enabling automated asteroid mining and quicker trips to the moon
    • Space elevators for cheaper space station access
    • Powered exoskeletons (with upgrade modules!) which provide both armor and life support
    • API allowing modders to produce add-ons and custom planets
    • Official Rocket Science site

Then comes a minor interoperability update which is scheduled to include Industrial Energy Converter blocks to allow exchange between IC2 and RS power. There will likely be some energy lost during conversion for balance reasons. (Interoperability with certain other mods is planned, but not relevant here)

Finally, the last update for which I have concrete plans is the "Mars Project." This one will be probably take a good deal longer than the Moon Update, as it includes:

• Mars dimension, accessible via rocket (with plasma engine) once certain research is completed
    • Abandoned alien outpost beneath the Martian surface, crawling with new mobs... and filled with treasures which can be reverse-engineered to unlock new research projects involving exotic-matter physics and nanotechnology. But first you'll have to undertake a quest to retrieve the station's precious data server and translate the alien language...
    • Top-tier technology which improves on every existing item and adds several new features. Without giving too many spoilers, let's just say that personal UFOs are just the beginning...

I have a few plans beyond this point, but nothing I'm willing to commit to at the moment.

• Okay, well to be fair I haven't actually used Universal Electricity, so really I shouldn't judge. I'm just less than happy with the dozen or so mods that put in their own version of energy. I mean, blutricity, electricity, EU/T, MJ, and all these are just the HUGE ones. </gripe>

WOO YAY KENTINGTON WOO :D

On a related kind of note, I would very much like to apply for beta testing. I have some highschool programming training, and I have written some programs in C, and I am a very avid minecraft mod user (not a modder myself, but I have considered it). Should I send you a PM, or what?

• Just noticed: someone by the name of "wtjohnson12" had a post deleted by the Alblaka... Alas, johnson, we hardly knew ye, and now you asked for an update schedule and got a banhammer in the face for it. So tragic... :3

• What you wrote seems awesome! All the cool Space Stuff you dreamed about. A research system. And Spacecrafts. And the Mars. And the moon. So I will finally be able to build my moon base. And so many other awesome things. By the Way, since when do you have testers?

• Okay, kentington... YOUR PLANS ARE JUST SO FRIGGIN' AWESOME!!! (I need more exclamation marks...)!!!!!

I've been a huge supporter of this mod since page 4, AND NOW IT'S FINALLY CLOSE TO RE-RELEASE!!! YEEAHOOOOOOOO!

By the way, I'd like to apply for alpha testing, when the mod is semi-stable.

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!

• Okay, well to be fair I haven't actually used Universal Electricity, so really I shouldn't judge. I'm just less than happy with the dozen or so mods that put in their own version of energy. I mean, blutricity, electricity, EU/T, MJ, and all these are just the HUGE ones. </gripe>

WOO YAY KENTINGTON WOO :D

On a related kind of note, I would very much like to apply for beta testing. I have some highschool programming training, and I have written some programs in C, and I am a very avid minecraft mod user (not a modder myself, but I have considered it). Should I send you a PM, or what?

Thank you for not judging UE before using it, though I hope you give it a try since we got a bunch of cool stuff inside now. You can't really say we are "hopeless". On the contrary, I think we are pretty hopeful. We've got over 10 mods with compatibility with UE, and that includes some of people's favorite IC2 addons also (such as MFFS, Modular Powersuits). We've got content from the basics of green energy generation from Mekanism to high end particle physics from Atomic Science. The thing is, we have just been around for 6 months so not everything is as "perfect" as you imagine, but we're getting there. :)

And as always, while you wait for Rocket Science to come out, maybe try out ICBM (http://universalelectricity.com/?m=icbm).

-- Author of Universal Electricity

• Thank you for not judging UE before using it, though I hope you give it a try since we got a bunch of cool stuff inside now. You can't really say we are "hopeless". On the contrary, I think we are pretty hopeful. We've got over 10 mods with compatibility with UE, and that includes some of people's favorite IC2 addons also (such as MFFS, Modular Powersuits). We've got content from the basics of green energy generation from Mekanism to high end particle physics from Atomic Science. The thing is, we have just been around for 6 months so not everything is as "perfect" as you imagine, but we're getting there. :)

And as always, while you wait for Rocket Science to come out, maybe try out ICBM (http://universalelectricity.com/?m=icbm).

-- Author of Universal Electricity

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SPAMSPAMSPAMSPAM FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUU- :P

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!

• It's interesting actually, I can't wait to use Rocket Science along with Universal Electricity. Modular Powersuits (a UE mod I use) adds a tinkering table that is similar to what Kentington was considering before. I love the idea and seeing that its possible made me really pumped for the new Rocket Science release :D