[Addon 1.112] BuildCraft-IndustrialCraft Crossover Mod v2.0[SSP/SMP]

• There is a 50% energy loss from converting UU-matter to oil, not counting any scrap used to make the UU-matter. So 20 buckets of oil = 500k EU.

Oh damn haha. Then it's nerfed haha. We don't use scraps on our server so thanks for the info but damn. SO if you did that be like 3mil EU I think per 1mil if you used scraps.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• I just read the 4 last pages of this thread and i still confused.

What i want is to pump all my nearby lava pockets into some steam engines, send the energy to an petrochemical generator and send the EUS to my mass core.
    I am intending do something similar to oil (making fuel first).

This is worthy or i will just destroy lava and oil?

• Official Post

I just read the 4 last pages of this thread and i still confused.

What i want is to pump all my nearby lava pockets into some steam engines, send the energy to an petrochemical generator and send the EUS to my mass core.
    I am intending do something similar to oil (making fuel first).

This is worthy or i will just destroy lava and oil?

Oil/Fuel yes. Lava... you'll get more energy if you use geothermal generators.

• First off, thanks for working on the BC 3.x version and releasing it to us SSP players! Second, is there anyway to get lava power into IC2 energy other than Stone Engine -> Petrochemical Generator? Would be great if there were another way, I try to avoid mass engines if possible due to performance.

• Hi,

i have installed this mod before: BuilCraft Additionalpipes 31.4 and run OK, now i installed youre mod BuildCraft-IndustrialCraft Crossover Mod v1.14b and now i cant see me old additionlpipes (now are invisible) can anyone help me o tell me how i can solve this problem?

Thx :D

• Hello silentdeth, I love the connectors so far. The industrial on a quarry is cool though I guess its capped and thats a good thing I don't want people mining 100 times faster. But I noticed both the x4 and the normal electric one heats up from I think blue green red and HOT RED. But they don't ever blow up with no water supply.

• Official Post

First off, thanks for working on the BC 3.x version and releasing it to us SSP players! Second, is there anyway to get lava power into IC2 energy other than Stone Engine -> Petrochemical Generator? Would be great if there were another way, I try to avoid mass engines if possible due to performance.

Iron engines can burn lava. Or do this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nN9GJtsBeuE using RP2. You can just use buckets directly and skip the cell step if you want.

• Official Post

Hello silentdeth, I love the connectors so far. The industrial on a quarry is cool though I guess its capped and thats a good thing I don't want people mining 100 times faster. But I noticed both the x4 and the normal electric one heats up from I think blue green red and HOT RED. But they don't ever blow up with no water supply.

is that a complaint?

• Official Post

Hi,

i have installed this mod before: BuilCraft Additionalpipes 31.4 and run OK, now i installed youre mod BuildCraft-IndustrialCraft Crossover Mod v1.14b and now i cant see me old additionlpipes (now are invisible) can anyone help me o tell me how i can solve this problem?

Thx :D

You could try renaming Additionalpipes zip file so it loads first, putting an a in front of it's current name. . . Though from the number of complaints it seems that is a common problem with that mod in combination with any other BC addon.

• is that a complaint?

Nope I think it was a bug report but I might miss understand the system. I assume when it got supper hot it would go BOOM lol. I personally would have enjoyed having to keep them cooled since IC with BC just makes BC to easy if you get my drift. But I was not sure if they were suppose to or not I assume they were since they showed heat changes.

• This was working for me previously - is it incompatible with Forge 1.2.4? The mods I'm running are basically the same as Direwolf20's current Let's Play Build (IC2 1.43, BC 2.2.11, Forge 1.2.4, etc)

• Is the IB version just the port to BC 3.x ?
    It crashes when I place electric engines and then I can't load the world cause it gives me the same error. I have IC2 1.43 and BC 3.1.1. Will give you full mod list if needed.

• Official Post

I'm guessing you have the generator set to false? Turn it back on and it should work. I'll note the bug.

Not just a port, there are other changes, behind the scenes, I just didn't feel like writing them down.

• Official Post

I am using forge 1.24 and not having any problems. Are you sure you installed it correctly?

Full modloader.txt.

• The recipe for the petrochemical generator is pretty silly, and unbalanced for it's output. If you run a buildcraft combustion engine on fuel and a power converter from the other mod, you get the same total energy, but at a much slower rate per tick and at a higher cost. I've done quite a bit of math on the other generators in Industrialcraft, and I can say with certainty that this one isn't balanced. Also, you get 600,000 energy from 1 bucket of fuel and you do not need much energy to convert oil to fuel. Thus, the oil materializer that makes 1 uu matter into 20 oil is not balanced, either.

In any case, here's the recipe for the petrochem generator on my server. I feel this is very close to being balanced when you account for how good this generator is. Here's the line of code that defines it :

• I am using forge 1.24 and not having any problems. Are you sure you installed it correctly?

Full modloader.txt.

I have installed it correctly - everything else is working fine. When I add this mod, it crashes, when I remove it, the game loads again and I can play without any problems. I'd love to post the full modloader text but there is a character limit so I had to pare it down quite a bit. I'll run it again and attach it.

• Official Post

I have installed it correctly - everything else is working fine. When I add this mod, it crashes, when I remove it, the game loads again and I can play without any problems. I'd love to post the full modloader text but there is a character limit so I had to pare it down quite a bit. I'll run it again and attach it.

Not sure, I don't really see anything in there that could be causing it. Maybe something else is interfering with it loading. Try running just crossover BC and IC2 and see what happens. If you still get an error, start with a clean jar and reinstall modloader, modloaderMP, and forge; and try again. If that doesn't work... I dunno post the results here and I'll come up with something.

• I did try from a fresh install - a couple of times, in fact. Haven't tried just loading BC, IC and this add-on, but that's not really an option since I'm looking to add it to already-established worlds.
    From the error log (and ID checker) it almost looks like it's not seeing names for some of the blocks. I don't know too much about the underlying code, but I'm still trying to troubleshoot why the build works fine except when this add-on is included.