[Addon 1.112] BuildCraft-IndustrialCraft Crossover Mod v2.0[SSP/SMP]

• Official Post

BuildCraft-IndustrialCraft2 Crossover Mod v2.0[SSP/SMP]

This mod adds 4 electric engines, a oil materializer which produces oil from UU-matter, a generator that can run off of oil, fuel, or power from Build Craft's conductive pipes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPA6ZdBSyWc&hd=1

Download:

v2.0 [Universal] Mediafire Link
    for MC 1.4.6/1.4.7, BC 3.3.0, and IC2 1.112.

If you have a problem, you must follow the guidelines in the reporting bugs section or you will not receive any assistance.
    Changes:

• Updated to 1.4.6
    • Changed Oil Materializer default conversion ratio to 336, about 3 UU-matter per oil bucket.
    • Bug Fixes

2.0 Pre 1

• Updated to 1.4.5
    • Completely rebalanced all conversion ratios:

• Engines now require 8 EU per MJ produced, this is changeable in the config file.
      • The petrochemical generator now produces 16 EU/t for 'low energy fuels' and 32 EU/t for 'high energy fuels'. This equates to 64 kEU for oil and 256 kEU for fuel. Other types of fuel, such as those from other mods, are converted using the same non-linear curve.
      • The oil materializer now takes about 3 UU-matter to produce one bucket of oil. This is changeable in the config file. The option in the config file is approximately thousands of a bucket produced per UU-Matter - 10, the default is 336. Meaning 0.326 buckets of oil are produced per UU-Matter.

[*]New: Heat Sinks, a way to cool engines without using water. See the crafting recipe section for more information.
    [*]New: Dense Bronze Plating, used for making some heat sinks. Made by compressing 4 bronze ingots.
    [*]Added BuildCraft legend (the orange part) to the electrical engines' GUI.
    [*]Added a legend to the petrochemical generator's GUI.
    [*]Added support for forge's ore dictionary. You can now use other mod's metals to make the items from this mod.
    [*]Add localization support. The file is located in the lang/crossover folder of the zip file. Others will have to create translations as I do not speak other languages. To do so, copy the en_US.properties file and rename it to the language you want to use. Must be the same format as in minecrafts language selection. Then edit the names.
    [*]Updated default block IDs, this mod now uses block ID 2210-2213, and item ID 31000 by default.
    [*]Removed the MJ reader until I can get it to work with SMP code, or the heat death of the universe, whichever comes first.
    [*]Fixed memory leak with the petrochemical generator rendering code.
    [*]Engines will now accept ice as a form of coolant. Melting the ice will provide an initial amount of cooling, then the liquid will be added to the tank and function normally.

Old Versions

Installation

• Backup your save.
    • Install Buildcraft and IC2 following their instructions.
    • Test to make sure BC and IC2 work.
    • Backup your save again.
    • Place the BCIC2crossover zip into your mods folder in the minecraft directory.
    • Play!
    • For multiplayer make sure you have the same block ID's as the server.

On the first run, this mod will create a cfg file in the /config/ directory of your minecraft folder, you can edit that manually if you have ID issues. By default this used block IDs 2210, 2211, 2212, 2213 and Item ID 31000.
    FAQ
    moved to http://www.minecraftforum.net/…11311-and-ic2-143-sspsmp/ due to character limit.
    Reporting Bugs

• Double check to make sure you installed it correctly.
    • Check the FAQ and Known Issues sections to see if your problem is covered.
    • READ THE ERROR MESSAGE AND MODLOADER.TXT! If it says you have a block ID error, you have a block ID error. If the error message does not contain BCIC2crossover anywhere in it, then its probably not an issue with this mod.
    • Post the error message you are getting, AND the contents of modloader.txt inside of spoiler tags.
    • If in the game, post a screenshot of your setup inside of spoiler tags. You can upload the images at http://imgur.com.

Crafting Recipes
    Note: All electric engines run best when they are blue; however, they will not explode if they overheat. There is still a penalty, it's just not a crater where your engine used to be. They will still explode if you provide too high of an voltage. Diamond pipes, and diamond gears can now be crafted from industrial diamonds (not shown).
    Small Electric Engine
    Cools in the same manner a steam engine does, equivalent to a steam engine. Produces 1MJ/t. Accepts up to LV.

Medium Electric Engine
    Requires coolant, equivalent to a combustion engine burning oil. Produces 3MJ/t. Accepts up to MV.

Large Electric Engine
    Requires coolant. Accepts up to MV. Produces 8MJ/t.

Industrial Electric Engine
    Requires a fully powered dedicated pump, connected via gold waterproof pipe, or heat sinks to remain cool. Accepts up to HV. Produces 25MJ/t.

Petrochemical Generator
    Runs of off any fuel the combusion engine can use or power from BuildCraft's conductive pipes. Turns off on redstone power. Produces 16 EU/t when running off of oil or power from BuildCraft's conductive pipes; 32 EU/t when running of off fuel; providing a total of 64000 EU for oil and 256000 EU for fuel. Editable in the config file. Note: the conversion ratio is non-linear, how efficient a given fuel is, is determined by the total amount of energy that fuel produces per bucket.

Oil Materializer
    Produces oil from IC2's UU-matter. This requires a wooden waterproof pipe and an redstone engine to extract the oil from the machine. Produces 1 bucket of oil per ~14.4 UU-matter. Editable in the config file.

Heat Sinks:
    Heat sinks provide a way to cool your engines with air instead of water. A heat sink will transfer heat from engines and to other heat sinks that are cooler than itself, and the atmosphere. The greater the temperature difference the greater the rate of transfer, this is very much not a linear function. Thus the hotter a heat sink is, the faster it cools, but the slower it transfers heat from a engine. This also means that lower tier engines are harder to keep cool as they have a lower maximum temperature. Only cools BC engines once they reach yellow heat.
    Each heat exchanger has a maximum amount of heat it can hold, and a maximum amount of heat it can transfer to/from neighboring blocks, this is called the thermal conductivity. These will work on stirling/stone and small electric engines.
    Bronze Heat Sink
    Has a thermal conductivity of 15 MJ worth of heat per tick. At maximum temperature it can cool ~1.42 MJ worth of heat a tick. The bronze heat sink has the lowest maximum temperature of all heat sinks.

Dense Bronze Plates are made by compressing 4 bronze:

Copper Heat Sink
    Has a thermal conductivity of 222 MJ worth of heat per tick. At maximum temperature it can cool ~7.3 MJ worth of heat a tick. The copper heat sink is noteworthy for its high thermal conductivity, making it a favorite for use in large heat sink arrays.

Refrigerated Heat Sink
    What is better at cooling than copper? Really cold copper. The refrigerated heat sink can maintain a balmy -60 degress C with the application of a little EU. It can accept up to MV, and will cool 1 MJ worth of heat per every 2 EU. It can also run unpowered, but has a penalty to air cooling when doing so. Has a thermal conductivity of 222 MJ worth of heat per tick. At maximum temperature, and with 128 EU/t it can cool ~152 MJ worth of heat a tick. The refrigerated heat sink the highest maximum temperature of all heat sinks, as well as the highest rate of cooling, this makes it ideally suited for both the sink and source positions in a heat exchanger array.

Known Issues

Terms

• Interesting, took me a bit to figure out exactly what the Add-on did since the OP is fairly vague. But mostly it works like the Energy Coupler Add-on (from what I can tell) only you use EU to run another generator.
    The Oil Materializer and Petrol Generator are nice though

• i think the industrial electric engine should use an MFE. that recipe is just too expensive

• If you go to the minefactory reloaded page, they already have a way to convert BC and IC2 into each others energy as well as a oil fabricator...

• Got a bug...

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at buildcraft.energy.TextureFuelFX.(TextureFuelFX.java:18 )

.. was assigning ID's with ID Resolve...</init>

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Official Post

Got a bug...

.. was assigning ID's with ID Resolve...</init>

that doesn't tell me anything other than something is wrong with buildcraft energy. Other people have been having trouble with ID resolver on the BC thread, I've not used it so I cant be much help, you can check there and see if it helps.

Edit: I imagine if you look at your modloader.txt you will see an block ID error for BC's fuel block.

• Dunno, I am unfamiliar with that mod.

Pretty much IC power to BC power and BC Power to IC Power. It sounds like your mod does that and I assume done the math and etc. Problem is if you feed a quarry with 512 EU it will eat 512 without capping and of course not speeding up like say a mass fabicator does. Or you can run like a batbox and feed it at 32EU and use the same energy. Kind of sucks in a way. So I was just wondering if yours did any kind real caps to not bleed energy or maybe your mods not even like that period hehe.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• Official Post

Pretty much IC power to BC power and BC Power to IC Power. It sounds like your mod does that and I assume done the math and etc. Problem is if you feed a quarry with 512 EU it will eat 512 without capping and of course not speeding up like say a mass fabicator does. Or you can run like a batbox and feed it at 32EU and use the same energy. Kind of sucks in a way. So I was just wondering if yours did any kind real caps to not bleed energy or maybe your mods not even like that period hehe.

Each engine produces a fixed amount of BC energy at a fixed rate. They consume an amount of EU based on an equal conversion. The problem you are refering to is due to BC's energy pipes, once you transmit the energy into BC's network, it is out of my hands. However, the engines are designed to power certain objects, for a quarry, a large electric engine, by itself, does a good job.

Reading that doesn't sound like a good answer. The short version is, the engines will consume up to their rated EU, and no more.

• Each engine produces a fixed amount of BC energy at a fixed rate. They consume an amount of EU based on an equal conversion. The problem you are refering to is due to BC's energy pipes, once you transmit the energy into BC's network, it is out of my hands. However, the engines are designed to power certain objects, for a quarry, a large electric engine, by itself, does a good job.

Reading that doesn't sound like a good answer. The short version is, the engines will consume up to their rated EU, and no more.

Ahh so the short answer if I'm getting this right. Don't use pipes go directly to the engines and your golden?

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• Official Post

Ahh so the short answer if I'm getting this right. Don't use pipes go directly to the engines and your golden?

If you connect the engines directly to the machines, yes it should throttle the power correctly. This is based on the not inconsiderable assumption that BC handled throttling correctly before it introduced conductive pipes, I've not delved that deep into BC's code to be sure.

• Have to say, i will never play BC & IC without this again. Not having to maintain some engine just to pull something out of a chest.. Awesome.