[Addon 1.112] BuildCraft-IndustrialCraft Crossover Mod v2.0[SSP/SMP]

• Just changed BCIC zip by adding a A so it loaded first, double check to see if your using bronze from IC or forestry too

its using 161 meta for the engines

• Just changed BCIC zip by adding a A so it loaded first, double check to see if your using bronze from IC or forestry too

its using 161 meta for the engines

As seen here the mod is before BC,

I am going to place a ( Capital A ) to make the mod go to the very top and load before any mod in that folder and see what it does.

• Some odd reason it is still not working.
    I dont know whats up.

I tried capital A and even (A) with brackets.
    so the mod moves up the list and way before BC loads.

I even created a new world.
    and tried recrafting. I tried Generator, Geothermo Generator, Iron Furnace, Induction Furnace, Electric Furnace
    Dont know whats wrong. and there is no error codes or logs that tells me whats wrong or anything.

• I may be thinking this the wrong way but.. shouldn't the crossover addon load /after/ BC and IC ... so, you'd have to place a 'z' at the begining of the file name to do that.

Although the addon probably uses a ModLoader method that's only called after other mods are loaded already, making the filename moot but it's still worth a try.

The engines appear in my NEI list with the same Block ID as regular BC (v3) engines.

• Is there a way to fine tune the conversion rate of the engines? Because in the first page it says that the Large Eletric Engine is capable of producing the exact amount needed to run a refinery at full speed, but in my tests three fuel engines run a refinery at "green mode" while one large engine can only run it at "purple mode".

Also i noticed the WARNING about energy loss, but it still effects if i put the engine directly connected to the refinery? Is this bug still present in BC 3.x?

Minecraft 1.1
    Buildcraft 3.1.3
    IC2 1.64
    IB v0.05

• Official Post

It is a bug in the refinery (and the energy routing), I have reported it. Also I was in error when I said that, the refinery itself uses up to that amount of energy, the actual recipe has a different value. As such, the large electric engine has enough power to run 2.5 refineries at full speed.

I do not know how this bug effects the actual output of if it is just visual, I have not done extensive testing on that fact.

• Happened after placing an small electric engine,needed to remove it with mc-edit to make the world again

• It might not make a difference, but what version of Forge are you using?
    I only ask because I'm using the same version of the other mods and have a Small Electric Engine (manually crafted last night) succesffully powering a machine in my home.

• I was using 1.3.1 updated to 1.3.2.0 now getting this error on startup

• It is a bug in the refinery (and the energy routing), I have reported it. Also I was in error when I said that, the refinery itself uses up to that amount of energy, the actual recipe has a different value. As such, the large electric engine has enough power to run 2.5 refineries at full speed.

I do not know how this bug effects the actual output of if it is just visual, I have not done extensive testing on that fact.

Made a test world with 2 refineries running side by side for 10 minutes. One powered by just one Large Electric Engine and another by 3 Combustion Engines. The result can be seen in the screenshot below. In the left is the Large Engine and the right the 3 Combustion Engines.

I have a few other mods installed in my Minecraft, if you think any of them might have influenced the result of the test let me know so i can try again with only the necessary mods.

Mods Installed:

• Use the version from here http://www.minecraftforum.net/…p__12497982#entry12497982
    LexManos is one of the developers of Minecraft Forge.

Also you might want to update BuildCraft to 3.1.3. It fix a few bugs.

• Because in the first page it says that the Large Eletric Engine is capable of producing the
    exact amount needed to run a refinery at full speed, but in my tests three fuel engines run a refinery at "green mode" while one large engine can only run it at "purple mode".

It would appear that you're applying the Large Electric Engine directly to the Refinery without a power pipe. I noticed that in the 1.8.1 version, performance was similarly affected. However, if you set that side up a little differently, you will also be able to get the refinery to run in the green. Give it a try, and then see how it compares.

• Official Post

My mod's zip must load before BC's zip, ensure that it is correctly named so that, that happens.

• I was using 1.3.1 updated to 1.3.2.0 now getting this error on startup

Stick with Forge 1.3.1, then- there's a major bug with the version checking in 1.3.2.
    Or use the updated version in the link above - if it works, let us know!

• It would appear that you're applying the Large Electric Engine directly to the Refinery without a power pipe. I noticed that in the 1.8.1 version, performance was similarly affected. However, if you set that side up a little differently, you will also be able to get the refinery to run in the green. Give it a try, and then see how it compares.

Thank you, that was exactly what was happenning. But shouldn't this bug be known? I looked around at BuildCraft forums but didn't find any reference to it. Should we report this to spacetoad maybe?

Also i just tested the suggested setup with 2 refineries, the results are clearly different. Large engine on the right and 3 Combustion engines on the left.

• Thank you, that was exactly what was happenning. But shouldn't this bug be known? I looked around at BuildCraft forums but didn't find any reference to it. Should we report this to spacetoad maybe?

I mentioned it to Silentdeth a couple months ago during 1.8.1 when I first discovered it was doing that in my refinery - but I don't think SpaceToad is aware of it.
    I wasn't sure if it was an issue unique to this mod or whether "normal" BuildCraft engines behaved the same way. Perhaps you could do a side-by-side test with one combustion engine directly applied to a refinery, and another supplying power by pipe? If there's still a difference, then SpaceToad would surely like to hear of it - if not, then Silentdeth will benefit from the report.

Also i just tested the suggested setup with 2 refineries, the results are clearly different. Large engine on the right and 3 Combustion engines on the left.

Wow, what a difference! That's how the large electric engine should behave - it's supposed to be as powerful as 5 combustion engines, if I recall.