[Suggestion]Config option to ban "free" energy generators (Water, wind, solars)

• As to the original idea, I think it would be great to be able to "ban" certain items.

Now, the suggestions of repairs, dust, and other pointless maintinence I am completly against. It is already quite a task getting things going, if I want that sort of "labor" then I will just get a boring job. At least I will ge paid real mone for doing, pointless, repedative tasks.

• I have a great idea for people who want to ban the majority of the means of power generation on their servers. It's called:

Play Vanilla Minecraft. No Solars, No Windmills, No Water Mills, no UU-M, and no "free" Quantum Armor. Then you can bask in the mutual misery of knowing that no one else has the neat toys that you couldn't get.

That said, I'm all for the ability of servers to config or modify stuff, of course.

• Official Post

I have a great idea for people who want to ban the majority of the means of power generation on their servers. It's called:

Play Vanilla Minecraft. No Solars, No Windmills, No Water Mills, no UU-M, and no "free" Quantum Armor. Then you can bask in the mutual misery of knowing that no one else has the neat toys that you couldn't get.

Then you can bask in the mutual misery of knowing that no one else has the neat toys that you couldn't get.

Sigh, enough with the attitude please.

• That automated cactus farm looks like a better and better idea.

This isn't supposed to be grindcraft; it's supposed to be fun. You want people sweeping solar cells all the time in a compressed time simulation? That's not fun, that's crazy.

So you think that sweeping your solar array once every ~8 days is grinding? What, How can you possibly use a nuclear reactor, you actually have to replace the uranium cells every 8 days, That is outrageous!

• as long as it does not require constant parts it will not make the system obsolete a constant use of resources would probably make the system unused a cleaning of panels seems within reason just means you cant set your array in a strange location with no access

• Sigh, enough with the attitude please.

Oh, so it's OK to have a "cry nerf" attitude, but not to ridicule ideas that favor a quick fix instead of an equitable solution? Please forgive me for noticing that there are some people around here who don't seem happy unless everyone else has to play their way. Maybe that's just a perception on my part - but it's just as valid a perception as "solars are overpowered".

The door swings both ways here, friend. You have the right to express your opinion, and I have the same right to offer my opinion of yours. I've frequently expressed that I am in favor of reasonable solutions; I simply disfavor the irrational ones that don't consider the ramifications and consequences.

I'd rather speak up against a bad idea than letr it happen and then everyone is dissatisfied (even those who favored it on principle) and then the cycle repeats itself. For GOOD ideas - like allowing server side configs (and user-configurable options in SSP), I offer my support with equal ardor.

If indifference is what you prefer, weigh my posts against the untold numbers who cannot be bothered to offer any opinion at all.

• I agree with this being a config -option- but -not- the default.

The option should be in the form of that earlier suggestion for modifying generator output. However that suggestion has it slightly wrong. Instead of a multiplier just let us directly set the eU/t while in operation. 0 eU/t disables a generator.