Support Request: Error installing IC2 client 1.23.jar

• After installing the prerequisite mods: ModLoader, ModLoaderMP, and minecraftforge-client-1.1.2 and running mcpatcher as it was the only way to get the mcforge mod to work without causing a black screen on logging in, I added the industrialcraft-2-client_1.23.jar to the mods folder in .minecraft and tried starting minecraft. minecraft crashed and the following is the message in ModLoader.txt

To me it looks likes an issue with MCforge but I haven't the slightest idea what the exact problem is or how to go about fixing it. I'm not the most technologically savvy person so it might be a mistake on my part but I've already spent most of the day trying to get just the prerequisite mods to function without getting black screened. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I didn't notice this exact issue in any of the other posts.

• Try reinstalling Forge, and make sure you copy over ALL of the files (minus the text file in there though)

• ModLoader and ModLoaderMP install fine by adding the files from the zip to my jar file but when I copy the files from the minecraftforge zip to my jar I get a black screen when I try to log in. This is without using mcpatcher to add the files. I'm not sure what the problem is since I don't get an error message, it just freezes on the black screen. I'm guessing the original error is due to mcpatcher changing something but I can't even log in without using mcpatcher to add the mods.

• Official Post

ModLoader and ModLoaderMP install fine by adding the files from the zip to my jar file but when I copy the files from the minecraftforge zip to my jar I get a black screen when I try to log in. This is without using mcpatcher to add the files. I'm not sure what the problem is since I don't get an error message, it just freezes on the black screen. I'm guessing the original error is due to mcpatcher changing something but I can't even log in without using mcpatcher to add the mods.

Start over with a fresh download of Minecraft and try the whole process again (without MCpatcher). If you're using the Patcher so you can use HD Texture packs, I'd reccomend just using Optifine (Make sure you grab a Forge compatible version).

• I deleted minecraft and all the files from my computer and reinstalled it. I opened the jar and added the files from Modloader, ModloaderMP, and mcforge zips and removed META-INF. I still get a black screen on trying to log in. I've never had this problem with any other mod before. I didn't use MCedit for hd textures as my computer can't handle anything graphics intensive.

• It's been several days since I wrote this post and I have yet to receive a solution to this problem. If no one here has a fix can they at least point me in the right direction for finding one.

• I was having the same problem, then I tried using mcpatcher version 2.3.0_01 to install modloader/mlMP/forge in that order and it worked great. Try that out and report back.

• I was having the same problem, then I tried using mcpatcher version 2.3.0_01 to install modloader/mlMP/forge in that order and it worked great. Try that out and report back.

Why did you just revive a thread that is >1 month old? If the OP couldn't solve the problem in that time then i doubt he will now...

• Why did you just revive a thread that is >1 month old? If the OP couldn't solve the problem in that time then i doubt he will now...

Yup, necrobumping is generally frowned upon with this style of forum software.

• Official Post

Please be aware: There's no rule regarding thread necromancy in this forum.
    IF there's a valid reason (f.e. a problem popping up again) to post in an old thread, i don't see any point in forbidding that.

Though, in this case, posting a solution to someone who asked for help 1 month ago IS kinda useless... though this can be left as archive if anyone later on stumbles across this problem ^^.