Grandiose Base Plans - comments/ideas welcome :)

• I was considering adding RP machines to my setup (currently just using core, lighting and wiring) but couldn't find much info (even in their Wiki!) on brass.
    How is it made? Do I need RP World as well? I really would rather pass on that part because of the wacky rubber trees and yet more custom ores to complicate my exiosting setup (and make me wander yet farther again to find).

• awesome, a touch complex for my taste in an all in one system. I would be storing stuff where I could get at it, rather than having levers to pull to get certain items.

anyways good luck.

One little think, you have the scrapbox deployer in the crafting area, are you just going to pick everything up that it generates? As compared to what else you have done (planning?), having a system to sort the stuff and add it to your mainstream system of bulk storage would be child's play.

I think I will save that schematic and adjust it for my own use if that is ok with you.

Hell, prove me wrong, Happy to be so 99% of the time, then I can learn stuff :)

• awesome, a touch complex for my taste in an all in one system. I would be storing stuff where I could get at it, rather than having levers to pull to get certain items.

I might put building materials like cobble & stone where I can can get at some of the chests directly. The rest I would have a chest or two with enough in there for most crafting projects, and just use the levers to replenish what I use. That way I don't have to wait for stuff to get there.

One little think, you have the scrapbox deployer in the crafting area, are you just going to pick everything up that it generates? As compared to what else you have done (planning?), having a system to sort the stuff and add it to your mainstream system of bulk storage would be child's play.

Most of the scrap will go to UUM production...The scrap boxes would be more of a novelty, really.

I think I will save that schematic and adjust it for my own use if that is ok with you.

Post up any good improvements :)

• I was considering adding RP machines to my setup (currently just using core, lighting and wiring) but couldn't find much info (even in their Wiki!) on brass.
    How is it made? Do I need RP World as well? I really would rather pass on that part because of the wacky rubber trees and yet more custom ores to complicate my exiosting setup (and make me wander yet farther again to find).

Brass is 3 copper ingots and 1 tin ingot in an alloy furnace. And yes, the RP Machines module requires World (as will pretty much all of the other cool new RP stuff Eloraam is working on, it would seem).

You can use NBToolkit to generate ores in a pre-existing world, but not sure if it can set damage values on blocks...

EDIT: NBTK can do damage/data values :)

• what were you thinking for the inventory control part? like a wall of levers and buttons like pull down 20 items lever and hit diamond for 20 diamonds?

• what were you thinking for the inventory control part? like a wall of levers and buttons like pull down 20 items lever and hit diamond for 20 diamonds?

Check back to this post :)

RE: logistics pipes... that sounds like how Eloraam's Redpower tubes already work, which is why I'll probably be using them for most of this

• Speed, I have a very similar factory planned, but I have been waiting for this :
    http://t.co/d5HvW4pf

Retriever + sorting machine + item detector + counter + buildcraft craft table + Power Crystal Energy Link = 1 craft station. Each station would only get EXACTLY the stuff it needs in order to craft something, and no more. All the rest of the stuff could just stay in it's chests.

• Speed, I have a very similar factory planned, but I have been waiting for this :
    http://t.co/d5HvW4pf

Retriever + sorting machine + item detector + counter + buildcraft craft table + Power Crystal Energy Link = 1 craft station. Each station would only get EXACTLY the stuff it needs in order to craft something, and no more. All the rest of the stuff could just stay in it's chests.

Hadn't seen that yet...

I tried to make something like that with a filter (transposers on all the chests, and a filter by the crafting station that you'd just put in what you want), but that didn't work too well. I think the transposers must have been sucking stuff up before checking whether they had a valid target, because they'd get stuffed up, and spew tons of items when I changed the filter item.

Now that I've got a way worked out to do it, having this block handed to me almost feels like cheating. :) It will remove the need for a 24x15x4 area that has redwire or a logic gate in 90% of the blocks. Wonder how it does with 200 or so chests on the line?