Suggestion: Water Generation

• Looking back on Mojang's plans for the "Realism Mode" what with having to eat and drink every Minecraft week and three days, respectively, I was think that, say if you're held up in a desert without any water around (spawned a few too many times there) and we all know that the air contains the blessed fluid, that perhaps there could be a machine in which you would put a single bucket in the upper slot and a battery in the lower and after a minute or so, it would fill the bucket with water fresh to drink. It would work something like the canning machine, if you will.

Unfortunately, the recipe I had in mind escaped me, so I will edit this (if possible) with a recipe I think would be balanced.

• Looking back on Mojang's plans for the "Realism Mode" what with having to eat and drink every Minecraft week and three days, respectively, I was think that, say if you're held up in a desert without any water around (spawned a few too many times there) and we all know that the air contains the blessed fluid, that perhaps there could be a machine in which you would put a single bucket in the upper slot and a battery in the lower and after a minute or so, it would fill the bucket with water fresh to drink. It would work something like the canning machine, if you will.

Unfortunately, the recipe I had in mind escaped me, so I will edit this (if possible) with a recipe I think would be balanced.

It's called a Mass Fabber.

Srsly tho. Not a bad idea, though I don't think its useful enough (considering water is infinite) to devote a whole machine to. Perhaps a function of the extractor?

• It's called a Mass Fabber.

Srsly tho. Not a bad idea, though I don't think its useful enough (considering water is infinite) to devote a whole machine to. Perhaps a function of the extractor?

Yeah, but to build a Mass Fabber in less than three MC days? Even an extractor would be iffy due to the fact that if your stuck in a desert (Try having the Infinite Biomes mod, my worst mistake EVER) you have no trees to make the treetap necessary.

Unless there was a way to combine a bucket and a cacti to make a bucket of water as I just remembered that some kinds of cacti (read: barrel cacti) naturally contain a lot of water.

• Yes, water = lame. I want rum. And rum-based cocktails with fun side-effects. Like, rum+redstone = you move faster, rum+glowstone=you see(and glow) in the darkness, rum+uranium=you see through walls:)

Not sure if it has much to do with IC, though.

• Yes, water = lame. I want rum. And rum-based cocktails with fun side-effects. Like, rum+redstone = you move faster, rum+glowstone=you see(and glow) in the darkness, rum+uranium=you see through walls:)

Not sure if it has much to do with IC, though.

"I like rum. Rum is good." - Jack Sparrow, Captain.

Anyhoo, on-topic: this wouldn't be too bad a concept, to be completely honest. At least, I don't think it would be. Especially if we get finite liquid thrown in at a later date. o.o that would be saddening... Anyhoo, I'd approve of this. Especially for desert-based bases.

<Built a sandstone tomb of Egypt under a desert, so respects the power of water. *bow bow* >

• you have a good idea but in order for this to work you would need bowls because it woud be impossibled to store a ton of water so they first need bowls of water