Rp2 + bc2 + ic2 + btw + eqex on linux...anybody done it?

• Going to try to assemble myself what I would consider the mother of all mod packs and runit on my linux notebook. Anyone have experience/advice for mod installs in linux or with getting this particular combo to work? I ran into some idea conflicts with this when I added eqex due to bc2 bucket filler. What's the easiest way to fix these?

• Going to try to assemble myself what I would consider the mother of all mod packs and runit on my linux notebook. Anyone have experience/advice for mod installs in linux or with getting this particular combo to work? I ran into some idea conflicts with this when I added eqex due to bc2 bucket filler. What's the easiest way to fix these?

Eek.. doable but you may have to leave out either BTW or EE (personally i'd say EE.. it's horribly broken, game balance wise) as there might not be enough Block IDs

IC2 + BC2 + RP2 are easily doable without any Block ID reassignments. I did have BTW installed for a while but I basically wasn't using it and it was a major pain to update (in the jar only... no mods folder... no thanks) so I just ripped it out.
    Either way BTW, RP2 and possibly IC2 you'll have conflicts there.

so the main advice is take it slow and do things one at a time.

I have been using the ported mods @ http://www.mcportcentral.co.za/ - They run with Bukkit as a proper framework for plugins as well.

I run IC2, BC, RP2 with ease - I have tried numerous times with EE but have yet to succeed without issues. - If you need any sort of support with those 3, I'll be glad to help you out!

• Does it change much between Windows and Linux as far as install/config etc go?

If so I have
    Mo'Creatures
    Equivalent Exchange
    BTW
    IC2
    Nature Overhaul
    Red Power 2
    Buildcraft

If it isn't major I could post my block IDs for each that I used....though I didn't take into account I use 1.15 so you will need to dance around new block IDs. With mine I think blocks 208 to 220 are still free :P

• I think the biggest difference in install is the zip process. I used windows zip file manager to mod the jar in win. What order did you dropl the jar modifying ones in?

• I think the biggest difference in install is the zip process. I used windows zip file manager to mod the jar in win. What order did you dropl the jar modifying ones in?

shoudln't matter much, just look up one in $package_manager. I know 7-zip has a linux version but i'm not sure if it's got a a GUI there or not.
    Still, nothing much will need installing into the jar, namely: modloader, modloadermp, the forge and BTW.

• So far I have gotten Modloader, Modloader MP, Forge and optifine patched into my minecraft.jar. Having problems when I put *anything* in my mod folder: generally the same thing:

Any ideas?

I used mcpatcher as instructed for loading risugami, modloader mp, forge and optifine. then dropped ic2 into the mods folder.
    I get a similar crash with BC2 atm too.

Running mint 11 lxde.

• If you prefer it in windows, you can just prepare your server package there, and later copy it to your linux server.

About your errors, how are you launching your server ? What parameters ?

• This is client, not server., but just passing the usual java -jar <filename> in console

My server-to-be is an old tower that is currently awaiting my houseguests to get out of the way before I can drop mineos on it.

• SOLVED!

Apparently I mis-loaded forge via the MCpatcher app. Always defer to the root directory of the zip file when using MC Patcher.

At least this gets IC2 working. BTW is still giving me a bad-drawable error.

• update LWJGL

Edit try it manually dont use mcptcher

• SOLVED!

Apparently I mis-loaded forge via the MCpatcher app. Always defer to the root directory of the zip file when using MC Patcher.

At least this gets IC2 working. BTW is still giving me a bad-drawable error.

Also BTW isnt 100% minecraft forge compatible

• update LWJGL

Edit try it manually dont use mcptcher

yeah.. MCpatcher is an interesting idea but it's badly implemented. It never really works right.

Also: (to the original poster) what are you installing into the jar? BTW aside (personally i'd say leave BTW out of it.. it's too annoying to install and update) the only thing that should be in the jar is Modloader, ModloaderMP and the forge. everything else goes in the mods folder.

• I use a bash script to automated mixing things together.

Due to the crappy assumption of modloader (which is also used in the server version of modloadermp), I have to also add the mods to my minecraft.jar to make sure there aren't ordering issues, just 'I already have this' warnings. The files themselves are still necessary in the patch folder to satisfy modloadermp that the mods were in fact present.

• Yeah, the MC patcher issue was because it asked what folder in the forge zip file I wanted to use. I didn't use the root directory, so several .class files got left out. using the root directory of the zip works just fine.

MC patcher otherwise does GREAT in linux. I've had some issues with the "archive manager" (both drag n drop and unpacking, copying and repacking via archive manager) I guess I should look into installing fastjar or something like that.

I put modloader, modloaderMP, minecraftforge and optifine into the jar. (all using mc patcher)

otherwise, IC2, BC2, RP2, EqEx and a LOT of IC2 addons. are all in and working. I gave up on BTW. after looking at a lot of what's in it I felt more of what I want is in the mods I installed. (though I'm thinking about bringing in railcraft or zeppelin or something vehicular)

I should mention this is on a 1st gen intel macbook pro (1.83Ghz core duo, 2g ram, ati mobility 1600) I'm getting framerates in the low 20s after following the optimization guide in the MC forums. Fun little project after I finished my move before reporting in for duty tomorrow.

• I noticed you didn't mention Optifine. I found some improvement and a lot of missing features and tweaks (the least critical but most wanted for me is texture swapping without reloading worlds). Given your lower system specs I'd go for either the 1.8.1 base or mid package; not the multi-thread HD thing.