Requested by many. Just make a solar helmet and wear it, and it'll recharge your batpack or electric jetpack at 1 EU/t (or 9 if you're wearing an advanced one) while you're under sunlight.
Testers needed: If you are recharging a batpack/e-jetpack/lappack using a solar helmet on a server and got kicked for overflow or the numbers are out of sync, PLEASE tell me, so I can code a better sync method using Packet230s.
As of v2.0, you can put the mod straight on the mods folder.
- Bukkit port - there may be bugs, why in the world would canBlockSeeTheSky be isChunkLoaded?
- Fixed lappacks not being recognized by rightclick
- Solar helmets now respect the fact deserts have no rain
- 4 is for sizeof("SMP!") - Bukkit coming soon
- Solar helmets now respect rain like solar panels
- Fixed Technic shenanigans
- Changed head texture for the advanced helmet
- Can now recharge Lappacks
- Compacted ifs for possible performance enhancements
- Ported to 1.0.0
- Added Technic shenanigans
- Forgot the armor textures yet again...
Fix render glitch by preloading the texture see v2.1b
- Advanced solar helmet! Surround a helmet by 8 solar panels and you'll get one. It'll charge at 9 EU/t as opposed to 1. It looks almost the same as a normal solar helmet when worn unfortunately - spriters needed again!
- New icon by Xero
- Right-clicking a helmet in hands gives some handy info
- Fixed packaging issue (the armor texture wasn't included)
- Added solar helmet. The baseclass is now no longer needed. You will still be wearing the solar panel, you can just take it out
- Reordered ifs for a possible performance enhancement
- Charging is now restricted to batpacks and electric jetpacks again, due to an exploit
- Any wearable item classified as rechargeable can now be charged (except the nano/quantum chestplate), such as the extra batpacks from Rocket Science
- Added base for SMP support
- Initial release
You craft a solar helmet like this:
And upgrade one:
After you wear it, you'll definitely look hayoish: