About map seed.

• yeah this have nothing to do with IC but it's still MC :thumbup:

so i just install other mod that included new ore / block, so i need to generate new world in order to have them in my world
    now the question is if i use same world Seed will it generate new block into that Seed too?

so i just install other mod that included new ore / block, so i need to generate new world in order to have them in my world
    now the question is if i use same world Seed will it generate new block into that Seed too?

Yes, if you use your same seed with a new generated world with a mod installed, some of the blocks will be replaced with the new ones. You don't need to create a new world though, if you explore new chunks of your old map, you will find the mod ores there.

• Yes, if you use your same seed with a new generated world with a mod installed, some of the blocks will be replaced with the new ones. You don't need to create a new world though, if you explore new chunks of your old map, you will find the mod ores there.

oh i see, if the chuck that already load it will not contain any new block in new mod right? then i need to explore out to make MC update new chuck and valla!! new ore
    right?

that save me lot of time to rebuild everything since i was playing with my friends, now the only thing we need to do is expand out.

thank for answer :D

• Actually, if install the mod after you've created a world, you would not find the new ore for a while, depending on how many chunks were generated before installing.

By default, MC generates about 200 chunks at the time of spawn (can someone confirm that?), if you did not move one move, THEN installed the mod, you's have to travel out about 14 chunks (roughly) for the world to start generating the new ore.

you can always grab MCEdit and select the area you want to keep around your base and then do a world purge. (deletes everything except the selected chunks) I did that twice for the world I play on. Once was the 1.7 -> 1.8 transition, another one was when I changed seeds and installed Redpower.
    needless to say: back up your world first!

probably just going to restart whenever the release version gets modded.

• oh i see, if the chuck that already load it will not contain any new block in new mod right? then i need to explore out to make MC update new chuck and valla!! new ore
    right?

that save me lot of time to rebuild everything since i was playing with my friends, now the only thing we need to do is expand out.

thank for answer :D

An Alternative would to use MCEdit, and prune teh world to teh chunks you want to keep, this would regen Everythign else, its wat i did to my "federation Command" map when i was "forced" (Because of Indrustral Rage adding it) to add Redpower. all it took was a few moents, if you want fire me your save and i can do it in a few minuites.

Fast Edit: It dont change the underground terrain much i had a 2X1 minshaft to bedrck, cliping a Ravine on its floor on the "1" side, i did this it was still there execly the same shape as how i left it. (that 1 side was teh edge of the chunk that was saved.)

It's the idea of playing with atomic power, I am not perfect, same as any other human. Therefor, human = mistakes, mistakes = bad things, bad things + atomic fusion = very bad things. :cursing: :Nuke TNT: :cursing:

GO GREEN!

• I faced the same issue when I first started using IC2. My world has been in use since about 1.3, and I recall going on long excursions to find clay (it was VERY scarce back then), as well as sugarcane and cactus to bring back home and farm.

Consequently, when I installed IC2, I had to travel 1100 meters from my base before I found new chunks with IC resources (the rubber trees are the sure sign!). So I set up a new base there, and ran a long rail to the old base.

• An Alternative would to use MCEdit, and prune teh world to teh chunks you want to keep, this would regen Everythign else, its wat i did to my "federation Command" map when i was "forced" (Because of Indrustral Rage adding it) to add Redpower. all it took was a few moents,

psst: reading works, was already suggested days ago.

• An Alternative would to use MCEdit, and prune teh world to teh chunks you want to keep, this would regen Everythign else, its wat i did to my "federation Command" map when i was "forced" (Because of Indrustral Rage adding it) to add Redpower. all it took was a few moents, if you want fire me your save and i can do it in a few minuites.

Fast Edit: It dont change the underground terrain much i had a 2X1 minshaft to bedrck, cliping a Ravine on its floor on the "1" side, i did this it was still there execly the same shape as how i left it. (that 1 side was teh edge of the chunk that was saved.)

-Tanks for the tip! Will try it today.