[Suggestion] Alblaka should reveal the secret project

• I believe that Alblaka keeping this project secret for any longer is not only missing opportunities, but wil be in fact harmful to the project. I think this for two main reasons. One, keeping things secret leads to over-hype, and that leads to disappointment when it does come out. Two, keeping it secret prevents us from fixing flaws before they happen, and keeps us from flooding him in a shower of suggestions to enhance the project. As I said, keeping things secret leads to over-hype. This is so because people's imaginations are, to say the least, over-enthusiastic. While a robot civilization the slowly evolves would be extremely cool, it is highly unlikely that it would be the secret project, so when the project turns out to be anything less cool than whatever we can think up, we are disappointed. Revealing the project to us now would prevent us from coming up with these crazy/impossible ideas. My seconds point was that he is losing our input by keeping it secret. A large amount of Al's features were fan ideas, so obviously we have good ideas can help. If he revealed the project, then we could give our input, and stop faults and exploits before they happen. Keeping it secret blocks all of this, and also prevents the project from gaining any cool ideas the fans might spit out at it. My third, final, and most important reason that Al should tell us the project is that I (and everyone else in this universe) want to know what it is and the waiting is killing me.

Thanks for reading, tell me what you think.

I wonder how many cells I can put into my reactor before it ex... BOOOM!
    :Uranium Ingot: + MinecraftCreeper dust+ my friends base= fun

• OR!

He can keep it a secret, and not have other people interject their thoughts into the creation of the next version, so that he can.. you know... work in peace?

Probably better for no one but the IC Dev team to know due to the scale of changes next version will bring. Bad enough people are arguing over current content like they are now hand and fist...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• But I wan't to knooow...
    If the IC team doesn't want to read our suggestions, they don't have to, but if they want input then it is there.

• It helps being patient.

While I am interested and eager to know what it is, I know it will come in due time, when it is deemed ready for public release. Something to look forward to, a surprise, the unknown is on the way, and I'm definitely cool with that. :thumbup:

• Have you read the comments on his blog? You'd think they were suggesting ideas for a full-feature console game. There is no way that the the idea can live up to their guesses, so just revealing it now would stop this and prevent further damage.

• Official Post

Nope.
    The issue is, if i reveal it no, people will go overboard, similar to the point i announced CPUs.
    However, the project isn't even close to being finished. It's yet impossible to tell whether it will work out in the way it's planned and thus releasing any information could backfire.

• Official Post

Nope.
    The issue is, if i reveal it no, people will go overboard, similar to the point i announced CPUs.
    However, the project isn't even close to being finished. It's yet impossible to tell whether it will work out in the way it's planned and thus releasing any information could backfire.

i agree with alblaka, but your idea concept is a great one, and if you succeed will be very nice indeed ^^