[Support request]: CF sprayer walls

• ive been working with the cf sprayer for about 6 hours now and i noticed sometimes it sprays flat walls. ive been trying to get it to do that but it only gives me blobs pushing my off my scaffolding. does anyone know the trick to getting it to spray flat walls or is it bugged making it difficult?

• Having toyed around with it, I think the trick is to stand just a bit over 1 block away from what you're working on, and use your own self to 'confine' the spread area to that single layer.

I can hardly wait for 1.33; IIRC sprayfoam /replacing/ placed scaffold blocks as a way of molding output is supposed to be in it.

• Official Post

IIRC sprayfoam /replacing/ placed scaffold blocks as a way of molding output is supposed to be in it.

That. ^^

Btw, if you don't use scaffolds, spraying is coded to "spread away from the user". If your watching into direction x, it will never extend into direction -x.
    Unless you're standing right next to a wall, it's hard to suffocate yourself.
    It's kinda easy (with that damn players-get-pushed-out-of-suffocating-blocks) to throw yourself off somewhere, though.

• Having toyed around with it, I think the trick is to stand just a bit over 1 block away from what you're working on, and use your own self to 'confine' the spread area to that single layer.

I can hardly wait for 1.33; IIRC sprayfoam /replacing/ placed scaffold blocks as a way of molding output is supposed to be in it.

it worked! thanks :D

• I've been using this for a bit now and even when I'm standing about 1 block away from the wall I'm about to spray, I end up getting stuck inside of the blob... maybe that's because I'm usually filling in "gaps" and it overflows out into my face. xD

Something I have been wodnering about, though... what's the best method of CF'ing a ceiling/roof? Scaffolding doesn't like hanging over midair unless it has another base within a block from it. :S

• Something I have been wodnering about, though... what's the best method of CF'ing a ceiling/roof? Scaffolding doesn't like hanging over midair unless it has another base within a block from it. :S

i`ve also been wondering this. i have a 61x60 roof to spray in smp and i dont want to use a jetpack because i dont have a quantum suit to stop me from dying everytime i land.

• Official Post

You don't seem to be using the reinforce-scaffold feature?

Rightclick a scaffoldblock (which must be within a "pillar" thus connected to the ground via a straight line of scaffolds) with sticks (takes 2) to reinforce it. You can place up to 4 Scaffolds in a line in every of the 4 directions from a reinforced block, as well as attach new scaffolds to these 4.
    Looks like this (f.e.):

SSSSSS
    SXSSSS
    SSSSSS
    SSS
    SSS
    SSS

Saves quite some time when trying to cover large areas ^^

• Whoa, i did not know we could reinforce scaffolds! That's so awesome! Thanks, Alblaka, I'll try it out on my next building for sure! (On this one, I took the time to cover my roof with dirt, then spray from below... ceiling wasn't TERRIBLY high off the ground this time, lol)

Somebody realy needs to update teh wiki with this info, so noobs like me won't be in the dark on these sort of things. ^^

• Whoa, i did not know we could reinforce scaffolds! That's so awesome! Thanks, Alblaka, I'll try it out on my next building for sure! (On this one, I took the time to cover my roof with dirt, then spray from below... ceiling wasn't TERRIBLY high off the ground this time, lol)

Somebody realy needs to update teh wiki with this info, so noobs like me won't be in the dark on these sort of things. ^^

you took the words right out of my mouth lol.

Then do such... Anyone that has an account can edit the wiki.

• thats why. its already hard in the first place lol. anyone have any ideas?

I see (well, not really, pic is kinda blurry). Still, supporting from below is easier than some crazy scheme involving a jetpack!
    Ambitious builds like that may require some hard work in certain areas.

• Then do such... Anyone that has an account can edit the wiki.

You'd think Alblaka would have done so, considering he was the only one who seemed to know about it.
    The Wiki is intended to be a source for sharing information - it's absurd to ask for updates from people who didn't know the information because it wasn't there in the first place.

You really should be kinder to people who don't know what you take for granted - it's not as if they were asking how to turn lava cells into obsidian (which was already in the Wiki).

• I was not aware that I was allowed to edit the wiki. I must now go play with it! 8o

Lol, j/k. Just going to go add that tidbit of information to it, if someone hasn't already. ;)

[EDIT] Updated scaffold wiki page with info on reenforcing. Also linked to Alblaka's post for reference.

• Can't say I read either of those. :pinch:

But at least it's in a place that most people will find now. :)

• I'm having some trouble with the foam still expanding in -x direction when I'm facing x. Sometimes it's flat but other times I get locked into it just making spheres on whatever I spray. I've tried varying my distance from the wall and so forth but I can't get it to go back to the flat behavior that I want.

I had myself convinced that angling the camera a certain way would do it for awhile but now I've had to toss out that idea as well. Since I'm not just working up high but near lava this is quite the pain.

*I do still get flat behavior out of spraying at the floor. Also flat when spraying up. It's the horizontal directions that won't behave properly.