[1.23] Question: Using the Nanosuit.

• I have recently spent three industrial diamonds to create a nano-helmet, nano-boots and nano-trousers. Do I need to activate them in any way after charging?
    They are at 100% charge, fresh from my MFE, but if I fall 5 blocks or so, I take fall damage. I thought the nanosuit would be better than my pair of cheap rubber boots :(

• I have recently spent three industrial diamonds to create a nano-helmet, nano-boots and nano-trousers. Do I need to activate them in any way after charging?
    They are at 100% charge, fresh from my MFE, but if I fall 5 blocks or so, I take fall damage. I thought the nanosuit would be better than my pair of cheap rubber boots :(

The nano suit doesn't have any abilities anymore, in 1.23 and 1.337 those belong to the quantum suit now.

• To have armor that doesn't break and can be recharged. That's the idea behind using energy for so many tools and items in the game.
    If the benefits of that aren't obvious to you, I don't know what to say.

• Not needing to recraft armour is nice by itself, yes, but rubber boots, which cost absolutely nothing compared to nano boots can absorb fall damage, so I thought maybe I did something wrong and it's a special key to activate. It's silly to have HAYO boots and wear wellingtons instead :wacko:

• Nothing silly about it - I've got one world where I don't yet have a Quantum Suit (and it'll take a lot longer now that it's 5 times as expensive!) and I wear a Nano Helmet, LapPack, Nano Leggings and Rubber Boots.
    If preventing fall damage is what you're after, use the right gear for the job!

• makes me a little glad that I crafted a quantum helmet before the update. ^^

i'm still sorta wondering what the new recipe is.. I haven't been able to find anything on that and the wiki hasn't been updated last I checked.
    Did the recipe stay the same and the cost of iridium go up?

• i'm still sorta wondering what the new recipe is.. I haven't been able to find anything on that and the wiki hasn't been updated last I checked.
    Did the recipe stay the same and the cost of iridium go up?

Recipe for the helmet went up and the iridium plates themselves went way up.

• An Iridium Plate now needs a diamond, 4 advanced alloy, and 4 Iridium Ore (made with 7 UU-M in the same pattern as the "old" plate). So now, an iridium plate is 4 times more expensive (well, 5.3 times if you count the diamond).
    It used to take 70 UU-M to make a suit, now it will take at least 280.

• I haven't stopped playing my 1.81 world, but today I did start my 1.0 world with BC/RP/Forestry. Basically I have everything available that I'll need later, except rubber and uranium.
    And I've got a good head start because there's a ravine near the spawn and several m,assive oil deposits nearby!

• Official Post

An Iridium Plate now needs a diamond, 4 advanced alloy, and 4 Iridium Ore (made with 7 UU-M in the same pattern as the "old" plate). So now, an iridium plate is 4 times more expensive (well, 5.3 times if you count the diamond).
    It used to take 70 UU-M to make a suit, now it will take at least 280.

Considering to increase the EU-cost for UUM, btw :P

• Considering to increase the EU-cost for UUM, btw :P

OK, that would cross the line from "suitably rare" to "OMG excessive."

Consider that you have to recycle 1155 stacks of material (nearly 74 thousand items) to get the UU-M now needed for a full quantum suit - and that's only if you supply the diamonds yourself. I think you've made QSuits suitably scarce already.

• One thing is for certain... the number of people who build a Quantum Chest will already dramatically decrease. It's always been my last piece, and I notice from Direwolf20's videos that I am not the onyl one who likes the QBoots/QLegs/QHelm/Batpack (or now Lappack) combo.

So users now have to weigh the constant benefits of a Quantum Helm and Boots that can basically be made for the same iridium cost as the Chest, which they may only wear some of the time.

• One thing is for certain... the number of people who build a Quantum Chest will already dramatically increase. It's always been my last piece, and I notice from Direwolf20's videos that I am not the onyl one who likes the QBoots/QLegs/QHelm/Batpack (or now Lappack) combo.

So users now have to weigh the constant benefits of a Quantum Helm and Boots that can basically be made for the same iridium cost as the Chest, which they may only wear some of the time.

Heh, I think I have yet to build a quantum chest piece. Just isn't worth it, even when i'm out exploring. Helmet/Legs/Boots? sure, those are all rather useful, though I think i'll end up building the helmet last now given I really only use it for underwater work.

• I fell into the shaft of an oil well on my 1.0 world yesterday and could not get out. I nearly drowned before I made it into an abandoned mineshaft that intersected the deposit.
    All the while as I struggled to survive, I couldn't help but miss my QHelm.

• I lost my QHelm the other day... crafted before the change in recipe and before the Iridium change... I went into the nether, but as i came out, I was not back at my base... instead, I was deep underground far away from my base... off in the dark distance of the underground ravine taht I found myself in, I spotted a small vein of diamonds! I rushed over to claim the chance prize before any badness showed up. As I tore the last of the precious gems from the earth, I heard the last sound any minecraftian ever wants to hear while coveting 8 newly found diamonds and standing 2 feet from a lava lake.

*thump!*

*sssssssssssss* :Nuke TNT: