[suggestion]: UUM recipe for silver ore

• Since there's a glass fibre cable recipe that uses silver if you have RP2 installed, does that mean it would also be possible to add a UUM recipe for silver ore? Something on par with the gold & iron recipes...

maybe this for 2 ore
    :Matter: :Matter: :Intergrated Plating:
    :Intergrated Plating: :Matter: :Intergrated Plating:
    :Intergrated Plating: :Matter: :Matter:

All power transmission in RP2 requires silver, so this would be very handy :)

• It's extremely unlikely that you'll ever see the IC2 client modified to allow recipes for other mods. IC2 doesn't need silver, so there's no point in a recipe to make one. Yes, RP2 uses it... and provides the ore.
    As for glass fiber cables, you already have a recipe for it. Sure, it makes 4 instead of 6.... so use that extra UU-M to make more diamonds and redstone if you must.

Now, if someone were to make an add-on that did such things, that would be great - with the caveat that it might eventually conflict with added "official" recipes.

That's just my opinion on the possiblity, of course - Alblaka may have a different opinion and if so, I'm sure he'll say so.

• I doubt I'll be using much silver for glass cables... everything in RP2 that generates, transmits, or uses power requires it, so I'll probably be saving it for that. My mention of that recipe was just to point out that they seem to have been able to add it without creating a dependency on RP2, so why not an UUM recipe, also. There should be plenty of extra "address space" in the 5-UUM recipes for it.

I'm guessing that with the ore dictionary, it would work for any Forge mod that provides/uses silver, not just RP2...

• Yes, but you may still be overlooking my point. IC2 doesn't use silver for anything - and since it doesn't exist in this mod, the ore dictionary doesn't matter.
    Yes, they could add a recipe for another mod, but that would require setting up silver for IC2 and associating it with that ore dictionary (however, exactly, that is done).
    In other words, it still requires certain work on the mod developer's end.

I do not see why they'd go through all that trouble to provide a recipe for a material that can only be used in another mod. Feel free to check and see if there's ever been a precedent for this in IC2.

• Since we are still on 1.8.1... I'd say just use Custom Recipes...

idk what to tell you once we port to 1.0.0

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• IC2 doesn't use silver for anything - and since it doesn't exist in this mod, the ore dictionary doesn't matter.

Have you tried making glass fiber cables recently? I believe you replace the redstone with silver, and you get 50% more.

• Have you tried making glass fiber cables recently? I believe you replace the redstone with silver, and you get 50% more.

Yes, and that is a RedPower recipe, not an IC one. Sure, they're meant to be used in IC2 - but that's a different mod adding an alternative recipe for this one.

I still defy you to name me a single recipe in "vanilla" IndustrialCraft that is intended for, or uses unique resources from, another mod.

• If you've checked the source code then ignore me, but your claim that it's a RedPower recipe seems odd if it outputs glass fibre cable, which is entirely an IndustrialCraft item. Having not examined the situation in detail, it seems much more likely that IndustrialCraft provides the recipe using the ore dictionary such that, should silver ore exist, glass fibre cable can be made from it.

In any case this appears to be documented in neither the RedPower unofficial recipe list nor the IndustrialCraft wiki. I've added it to the ICW.

• Then I stand corrected. I didn't notice it before using RedPower, of course, and so (apparently incorrectly) concluded that it was added in RP.
    In that case, Alblaka, what do you say to the original idea (UU-M recipe for silver?)
    Personally, all I see it doing in standalone IC is cheapening the Glass Fibre recipe, if the silver cable recipe is native to IC after all.