[SUGGESTION] Integrating Climatecaft into IC2

• I'm not sure if anyone else has heard of it, but this just feels like it should be added. In case most people don't know what it is you can find it HERE. Basically it adds smog from burning things, imagine how much pollution would arise from nuking/meltdowns. I have no illusions that this would be simple or really useful but I think it would blend in well. Thank you for reading.

• I agree that it would add a cool effect, but is it necessary? Does it really have any use? Seems to me that its just more coding for Al for something that may be purely aesthetic.

If Al values that kinda thing then fine, but to me i don't think its important enough to be added.

^purely my opinion

• Seems you can plant trees to counter the effects, it just encourages tree plantation, really.

Neat concept, but not a fan of implimentation into IndustrialCraft.

• Personally, I would really like to see some of this put into IC, just for the sake of perceptive of how the industry impacts the environment as a whole. It would also give a nice layer of perceptive as to why 'it's a really damn bad idea' to careless burn as much as you want just in the name of energy generation. I find that there isn't many environmental consequences to go with certain actions in IC, and this seems like a nice fit to that idea...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Ultimately, I'm not sure how much it matters, except in /SMP.
    Basically, Steve is the Last Man On Earth. He's accountable to no one and does what he must to survive and succeed.
    If that means clearcutting, strip-mining and burning heavy hydrocarbons, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do!
    There is no EPA, no DEC/DEP, no Greenpeace... he is the master of his domain.

• Ultimately, I'm not sure how much it matters, except in /SMP.
    Basically, Steve is the Last Man On Earth. He's accountable to no one and does what he must to survive and succeed.
    If that means clearcutting, strip-mining and burning heavy hydrocarbons, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do!
    There is no EPA, no DEC/DEP, no Greenpeace... he is the master of his domain.

Sure, and for all we know Steve could be making the exact same mistakes as the civilization before him.. >.>

Seriously, though... do you think that his lone wolf survival exempts him from responsibility?

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Seriously, though... do you think that his lone wolf survival exempts him from responsibility?

Responsibility to whom?
    The world is vast - infinitely so - and Steve is very, very small. No matter how much he soils his tiny corner of it, the world will carry on as if he doesn't even exist.
    And ecologically speaking, no amount of harm by one man could overcome Nature's repair mechanisms. The oceans will still do their cleaning, the winds will blow, the rain will fall and everything green will breathe.
    It takes a lot more than one man to pollute on any noticeable scale.

• This would probably work better as an addon to the mod than an integrated part of the mod, just so that people who don't want to play with it don't have to. That said, it's an interesting proposal, and would definitely add to the post-apocalyptic aura that seems to be one of the most common themes of those who play themed Minecraft. The downside that I'm seeing is that Forge rewrites the rendering engine as well, and Climatecraft is not Forge, so it's not going to be a simple matter of copying code from a to b. It also seems like their calculations are highly exaggerated, as well as dependent upon online play.

Just my 2 :Industrial Credit: .