IndustrialCraft2 Installer

• I'm more than happy to PM you the code for the folder manipulation for MC, it was a bit of screwing around to get it right! The update checking is mostly XML manipulation but I'll send that too.

Not at the machine with the code so I'll send it to you in about 4-5 hours...

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt

• I'm more than happy to PM you the code for the folder manipulation for MC, it was a bit of screwing around to get it right! The update checking is mostly XML manipulation but I'll send that too.

Not at the machine with the code so I'll send it to you in about 4-5 hours...

That'll be fine. Thanks a lot. Actually, I'll PM you my email if you could send it there; it's 10:47 where I am and I'm dead tired.

• You should look into making it look for updates for the program.

The latest version does (under the updates section in the installer)

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt

• Hm... not to hate or anything, but I usually do not support auto installers, because, as many people say, "If you can't look up how to install a mod, you shouldn't be using it". Just an opinion.

COMING !SOON: Melumpkins, the Addon!

• Hm... not to hate or anything, but I usually do not support auto installers, because, as many people say, "If you can't look up how to install a mod, you shouldn't be using it". Just an opinion.

Fair enough comment, but like any automation tool, it's there for the people that want to use it. Those that have trouble with the mod installation process shouldn't be penalized so this provides an alternative to not playing IC2 at all.

• I wouldn't want to, for example, play a server hosted by someone who needed an auto-installer, but when you have a bunch of mods you want in one package, using an auto-installer is often a lot easier than installing it yourself piece-by-piece. Would you rather push a button, or download a specialized program so that you can drag files from four compressed files into both one file and four folders?

That said, I would not use this because IC2 is not the only mod I play with; I use a ton of mods and want to make sure I can get the most compatibility out of them (and so that I really know what I'm putting in there)

• Apparently not a virus.... ... Just to allay any fears, can you add pictures?

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    2. Go away, you creeper wierdo!
    3. What ever, I'll just go around.
    4. Hup, over their heads I go!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!

• This doesn't seem to be a virus.... can you add pics anyway?

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!

• There was some fun coding the multi launcher and the update service was interesting. I used an existing code library for the extraction so the installer doesn't need winrar etc installed. I'm looking at writing a simper version in java as mono can't convert this (too many Windows centric functions)

Thanks for the feedback!

• Apologies to anyone that uses the installer. I've been away on holidays and TWO updates came out which means I missed the 1.24 MC update and went straight to 1.25. I'll update the installer on the next release of IC2.

Cheers

• I have updated the installer to work with the current version of IndustrialCraft2 (1.95) on Minecraft 1.2.5.

The link is the same http://www.box.com/s/8r6fxhguolr4hr53g33i

I recommend downloading a fresh copy of the installer rather than use the auto update feature for this release as ModloaderMP has been removed.

• Well, this could save 20 minutes of me failing at drag and dropping! +1 for you! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!