[Support Request]- Pump Does not Consume Empty Cells

• Hello, the BC2 Pump does not seem to consume any cells. Either by itself or attached to a miner. I have tried off and on for ages, but it has never worked and I have not seen mention of this problem in the wiki.
    I have tried in single player and multiplayer, with water and lava with 2 differant versions of BC2.

Putting the empty cells in the top slot, while powering the pump. It will pull up water/lava but do nothing more.

This issue essentially renders the miner useless and makes filling cells a pain. Any suggestions/Fixes?
    Current Version- 1337

• Your problem statement is wrong. It's not that the pump won't pull stuff up, it's that the IC2 pump isn't pulling up BC2 fluids. I don't even know if there are any cell-enclosed BC2 fluids for the pump to produce.

• *sigh* my "statement" stated that it will pull water/lava but not do much else, judging by the name of the topic and the general content the "nothing else" refers to it not filling the cells with the water it holds. Also note that I said that I have used it by itself. I have tried it over inf water pools and the like.

I'm not sure where you get BC Fluids, aka oil. From this. Unless water/Lava or BC fluids now? I could be mistaken if that mod takes them over or not.

EDIT: BC2 fluids "oil" is not found randomly under the ground like water/lava. Thus it would not be possible (unless you missed an oil well sitting right beside you) to encounter a BC liquid under the ground while using the miner.

• I think you might misunderstand how the pump works. When you first power it up, the column on the right appears to fill with something that looks like water. That doesn't mean you've found fluid, just that the cylinder is pressurized and ready to accept any fluid it comes across.

If you can confirm that you are actually piercing lava or water deposits with your miner, and the attached pump is doing nothing depsite having cells to fill and plenty of power, that's a different issue - and requires some more detailed information to resolve.

• Note that the initial post says the 'BC2 Pump'.

The BC2 pump does not use cells, it pumps directly into BC2 pipes, and does not require an IC2 miner at all.

The IC2 pump is an addon to the IC2 miner, and does indeed fill cells correctly, but it obviously wont fill cells with BC2 liquids (Afaik, neither it nor the miner even notice that oil exists).

• OK, I did miss that. But the fact that you talk about "slots" means you can't possibly be talking about the BC version, because BC pumps have no GUI!

So, let's recap: You came to the IC forum to complain that the BC pump does not consume IC cells... and you're the one who's exasperated? :rolleyes:

So, would you like to recap for us what you think your issue is about? Because it sounds to me like you still have a misunderstanding of how pumps work, regardless of their brand. Also:

BC2 fluids "oil" is not found randomly under the ground like water/lava. Thus it would not be possible (unless you missed an oil well sitting right beside you) to encounter a BC liquid under the ground while using the miner.

The geyser you see is merely a representation of the center and size of the actual deposit - which exists as a sphere below the surface. The size of the geyser above sea level is the same as the diameter of the deposit below. But if it's not an ocean deposit, it's entirely possible for the "plume" to be nothing more than a flow down a hillside. You could conceivably be some distance from the center and still punch into the deposit that exists below the surface.
    I've emptied over 1000 buckets of oil out of such a well, and then gone down the shaft to see the chamber left behind.

• I think the OP simply made a typo when they mentioned BC2. He clearly knows BC and probably is use to typing up BC2 instead of IC2. Mentioning cells, I don't think he made a mistake and assumed the BC2 pump would consume cells sitting in a chest next to it or whatever. :rolleyes:

However, we can't really help unless we know what his setup looks like and can replicate the problem. :(

As for the oil deposits, I've been fortunate enough to find an ocean geyser that went from water surface to y-coord 98. That oil reserve lasted me the entire time I spent in that world. The bad thing about ocean deposits is you gotta border off the oil area in the water, otherwise it'll refuse to pump anything out. But once that's taken care of, you got an oil deposit that won't soon dry up. It really is a pity that we can use BC2 oil for generating power in IC2. I imagine them to act similar to coal fuelcells. Slap them in the canning machine and get a fuelcan that'll be worth something like 120kEU when you put it in a generator. That sure would be nice. :thumbup:

• I think the OP simply made a typo when they mentioned BC2. He clearly knows BC and probably is use to typing up BC2 instead of IC2. Mentioning cells, I don't think he made a mistake and assumed the BC2 pump would consume cells sitting in a chest next to it or whatever. :rolleyes:

However, we can't really help unless we know what his setup looks like and can replicate the problem. :(

As for the oil deposits, I've been fortunate enough to find an ocean geyser that went from water surface to y-coord 98. That oil reserve lasted me the entire time I spent in that world. The bad thing about ocean deposits is you gotta border off the oil area in the water, otherwise it'll refuse to pump anything out. But once that's taken care of, you got an oil deposit that won't soon dry up. It really is a pity that we can use BC2 oil for generating power in IC2. I imagine them to act similar to coal fuelcells. Slap them in the canning machine and get a fuelcan that'll be worth something like 120kEU when you put it in a generator. That sure would be nice. :thumbup:

Eh, you meant to say "It's a pity we CAN'T use BC2 oil to generate power in IC2" ?
    If that is the case, then there are addons that allow you to generate IC2 power from BC oil.
    There is also an addon that will clear any spill water from your pipes so you can pump from ocean oil deposits. Though you still might want to shield the ocean off before pumping because all that water will slow down your oil flow rate.