while I wait for the release, should I start a new world?

• honestly, I want to so bad, if it all comes to call i could trim my world with mcedit.

or this, if i backdate my minecraft to 1.8.1, install this mod, and when it updates will my world be screwed over?

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

• redpower 2(not world and machine, they tend to lag my game to hell and back

buildcraft(the stable version , not 3)

minefactory reloaded

somnia

equivalent exchange (the latest, I can not play with out it)

thaumcraft

• Official Post

I'm waiting. Several mods have copper/tin so you'll be alright with that. But you won't have uranium. Its up to you whether thats a problem.

You CAN start a new world, and don't explore too far. Get started, once this comes out, add it in, and then relocate to a place you've never explored before. Those new chunks will be generated and will have the new ores.

But like I said, i'm just waiting (WTB: new F5 key)

• I am waiting as well, and I agree with you Direwolf.

There is also the issue of rubber-trees not being present as well. That would be the real problem, compared to uranium.

• Well I bet eventually Eloraam will put that in but currently there is no way to get rubber in RP2...at least I think so, can't find anything related to it in her blog. The blue alloy wire recipe on the recipe page hasn't been changed.

On a side note, would rubber work in the same way in forge as ores? Like using silver in glass fiber cabling, would it be possible(if Eloraam implemented it) to use rubber from IC2 in the blue alloy wire?

• Yes, Eloraam specifically confirmed to me that rubber is in the ore dictionary and that it's not limited just to "ores". Anything that doesn't change code can be added to it, so theoretically any resource you could mine or gather. So when she gets around to changing the wire recipes, anything that uses "vulcanized" rubber will allow IC2 rubber. Latex will be an RP2 resource gathered only from RP2 rubber trees, and will have other uses - but you can extract IC2 rubber from RP2 rubberwood.

I've got a 1.0 world I've been playing, using RP2/BC/Forestry/EE - trying out some new things because every time Direwolf20 does a spotlight, I gotta try it (so guess who's probably going to add ThaumCraft later today?) :P
    The honest reason I'm playing 1.0 of late rather than 1.81 is because it runs so much smoother - I never could get Optifine to work properly on 1.81, and the difference in performance is noticeable in 1.0. Then there are the nifty features of most of the 1.0 mods I use, that weren't present in the 1.81 versions.

I have enough copper and tin to get started when IC2 makes the move - uranium shouldn't be an issue as I always had an abundance of it previously (and will need half as much for the same amount of long-term power). All I'll have to do is the same thing I did when I first added IC2 to my 1.81 world - wander until I find IC2 Rubber Trees, tap them, cut them down and bring some saplings home. In the meantime, there's a lot of other stuff I can do.

I might just start a new world for IC2 anyhow.

• I think you can get rubber from rp2 rubber trees. Not 100% sure on that though

RP2 rubber wood in an extractor gives you one rubber per. Take down just one of Eloraam's rubber trees, and you'll have hundreds of rubber (20 stacks or so from the last one I demolished). Works for charcoal, too.