[IC2 Exp][1.7.10] Advanced Solar Panels v3.5.1 + Quantum Generator + Solar helmets !

• OMG DreamMasterXXL,
    you saved my FTB World, I was so upset that I wanted to delete FTB! I'll try it today but I have to talk to a friend because it's his server and we have to change the files on his server too. So I thank u very, very much.

4everfreekin

• OMG DreamMasterXXL,
    you saved my FTB World, I was so upset that I wanted to delete FTB! I'll try it today but I have to talk to a friend because it's his server and we have to change the files on his server too. So I thank u very, very much.

4everfreekin

APRIL FOOLS! Your world will covered with creepers within the next few days :D

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• Official Post

Is that 1.6 or 1.7?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Hello Guys!!! Im here to report a bug, the bug is this: we craft the advanced solar helmet but we cant get nothing :/
    Someone can help pls?

Use Minetweaker it is the easiest and quickest way to solve recipe problems.

Code
    // --- Advances Solar Helmet

recipes.addShaped(<AdvancedSolarPanel:advanced_solar_helmet>, [
    [null, <AdvancedSolarPanel:BlockAdvSolarPanel>, null],
    [<IC2:itemPartCircuitAdv>, <IC2:itemArmorNanoHelmet:*>, <IC2:itemPartCircuitAdv>],
    [<IC2:itemCable:3>, <IC2:blockElectric:3>, <IC2:itemCable:3>]]);
  • Nah, i built my house in the twilight forest and i just realized that bug. ;) It's annoying because i can't move to somewhere else now and i would appreciate that this bug will be fixed.

• I wonder if there's a good way to balance it and make it even.

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• Well, it's always day in twilight forest (unless it rains), but the light is weaker than it is in the overworld, so you don't get as much power as normal.

• Its not always day in the twilight forest. Its always twilight in the twilight forest.

If a dev decides that starlight or moonlight or twilight or firefly light isn't enough light to generate "solar" power, that's justifiable.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/twilight
    noun
    the soft, diffused light from the sky when the sun is below the horizon, either from daybreak to sunrise or, more commonly, from sunset to nightfall.
    the period in the morning or, more commonly, in the evening during which this light prevails.

• But normal solar modules (ic2) are online the whole time. I know this doesn't mean the solar panels from advanced solar panels have to do the same, but it would be nice. Btw: i only checked whether it's day or night with the morpheus mod, so i didn't know it's always twilight in tf. ;)

• Unless your nuclear reactor has a limitless fuel supply (a la JABBA Barrel with Creative Upgrade), making even one of the basic solar panels is insane... and if you DO have a reactor with an unlimited fuel supply, why are you making these anyways? The EnderIO Photovoltaic Cell (fancy speak for Solar Panel) may not produce as much, and doesn't produce at all in rain or darkness, but it's infinitely cheaper in comparison.

Basic EnderIO solar cell generates 10RF/t in daylight, advanced version produces 40RF/t. Both are far cheaper than these 'Advanced' solar cells. If I want to run more than 40 RF/t and don't mind throwing space efficiency out the window, a Stirling Generator with an Octadic Capacitor generates 80 RF/t when using Coke Coal (courtesy a RailCraft Coke Furnace). Outside that, the Combustion Generator (also EnderIO) running on BuildCraft Fuel generates 1,500 kRF per bucket, or roughly 1,500,000 RF/bucket. Sure, you need to supply water to keep the generator cool, but still, that's more power per bucket than just about anything else, unless someone manages to cook up, I dunno, liquid antimatter fuel or something. Again though, each of the previously listed generators is far cheaper to produce. And the EnderIO solar cells are more likely to recoup the power to produce them sooner, leaving any powergen afterwards as nothing but profit.

Overall, I wouldn't produce these "Advanced Solar Panels" even with 4 unlimited fuel reactors generating a combined 30,000,000 RF/t. I could find other purposes for that kind of power generation... like fueling a plasma cannon the size of the Judgement of Carrion.

• Official Post

Shame, since your cheap EnderIO solar panels don't make EU, while these Advanced Solars do. Funny that, being an IC2 addon isn't it?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.