Support Request - IC2 and Buildcraft, error on starting server

• Hey guys,

Im having problems when trying to launch my IC2 and BC server, no errors in modloader.txt however on the command prompt screen from the batch file i use to run my server, it says "Exception in thread AWT event queue- 0, java.lang.NullpointerException
    at kp.a (source file 42)
    at kp.a (source file 12)
    at ll.actionperformed (sourcefile 30)

so on and so forth, many lines of txt, can give more detail if needed? im assuming this is possibly sumthing extremely obvious im just not understanding.

thanks for your help

• Well, you might not understand the lines but some of us do... Hence why you select and right click and press "Copy". Then you go to the forums here and make a reply and press Paste. Finally you select it all and wrap it in Spoiler tags.

• my mistake

• All i can tell from that is that some achievement is using a null (nothing, blank, nada) statId somehow.
    I have never seen it before, someone else will have to help you further or you can try doing it all over again.
    That is, get a new server .jar. Install ModLoaderMP and Forge 1.2.2. Add Industrial Craft to the mods folder. Start the server (on a fresh world), check the console to see if there are any errors.
    Now add Buildcraft, delete the world and start the server. Any errors?

If no errors then GREAT, you solved it! Now, if you are running any other mods. Install them one at a time and test.

• hi guys, i tested with a fresh install of minecraft, and only MP loader and forge, with the latest icraft as the sole mod, still the same error as before, any ideas? thanks

• I am at a total loss... Obviously you are doing something wrong but i can't tell what that is.
    Provide a list of all mods you are using (AND their versions) and you may as well post a modloader.txt as well.

Disclaimer:

I am totally and utterly Christmas eve drunk, anything i post today might be full of spelling errors and typos and ramblings and other hilarity.

• industrial craft 1.43, forge 1.2.3, modloaderMP 1.01
    modloader.txt as follows :

• Still don't know what's going on. All i can give you is, start everything over from scratch... Do it as if it is the FIRST time you are setting up a server. New folders, new everything.

If that doesn't work then it is a problem that is very specific to your computer and that would be beyond our scope.

• thanks for the help, the last report i gave was after i had done a complete reinstall from scratch, of server and the mods, so it might be related to the current install of windows on that computer, which is currently giving me other grief, so i might end up doing a complete format, if i come across the same problem after the format i will let ya know, thanks either way

• ok, now i have tried a clean install on my current computer, which is a different machine to the one previously tested on, only modloader, forge, and icraft. The server runs fine without icraft in the mods directory, however gives the exact same error with it in the directory, clearly this is not limited to only 1 computer. any ideas? also i have noticed that on the server screen, with industrial craft installed, the memory use, threads and other information in that little window do not show, however without industrialcraft, they do show

• I created a server no more than 4 hours ago and it is running just fine. Never had any issues getting that to run, so in conclusion. You are missing something important.

EDIT:

With Forge 1.2.3, IC2 1.42, BC 2.2.8 and RP2 PR4. All to help a guy make a reactor.

• EDIT AGAIN: it must be something related to icraft but ive no idea what, everything else works fine but as soon as i add it, the problem comes back

side note: i took the full stop out of the industrialcraft 1.43 in the file name, now, there is no problem

• I created a server no more than 4 hours ago and it is running just fine. Never had any issues getting that to run, so in conclusion. You are missing something important.

EDIT:

With Forge 1.2.3, IC2 1.42, BC 2.2.8 and RP2 PR4. All to help a guy make a reactor.

err.. IC2 1.42 and not 1.43? RP4, not 4b? and 2.2.8 and not 2.2.10? your missing some pretty important bugfix releases there.

• err.. IC2 1.42 and not 1.43? RP4, not 4b? and 2.2.8 and not 2.2.10? your missing some pretty important bugfix releases there.

Nah i meant IC2 1.43 but the rest is correct. That is the version i had on hand at the moment and i needed a server ASAP. Do you know how NOT ASAP it is to download Redpower and BC?!? I didn't have those files for server but i did have the other files easily available and the 1.43 server is easy to find and get because THANK GOD it isn't buried under a FU**ING ad site that makes the mod author 0.00000000+E9001 cents per click.

• Nah i meant IC2 1.43 but the rest is correct. That is the version i had on hand at the moment and i needed a server ASAP. Do you know how NOT ASAP it is to download Redpower and BC?!? I didn't have those files for server but i did have the other files easily available and the 1.43 server is easy to find and get because THANK GOD it isn't buried under a FU**ING ad site that makes the mod author 0.00000000+E9001 cents per click.

That's why I love adsfight... utterly bypasses those annoying as heck services :) (it's a greasemonkey script for FireFox/Seamonkey)