[Suggestion] Add the Minecraft 1.0.0 port that is posted on the blog to the forum banner above.

• You know, they could just check the "Public Releases" section - that's what it's there for. It's visible from the main page, you just have to make the tiniest bit of extra effort to look for it.
    I'm sure the banner will be updated, though - I agree that it's out of date.

• You know, they could just check the "Public Releases" section - that's what it's there for. It's visible from the main page, you just have to make the tiniest bit of extra effort to look for it.
    I'm sure the banner will be updated, though - I agree that it's out of date.

Who ever goes or even looks there? It's practically never active so it gets added to the 'mental ignore' area as 'useless'. Plus, there are the lovely banners here that tell everyone the old version is out. They're more likely to see 1.42 is released if they look in the /bugs/ or /servers/ sections.

• I think I've tried to make a similar, related point in another recent thread...

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

• So, what's the solution, then? If a proper place for everything is the wrong approach because no one bothers to look there, then the alternative is placing everything all in one pile.
    But that won't work because it will be even harder for unobservant people to locate the relevant data.
    Even a degree of redundancy - placing the info on the forum, the blog and the wiki, has failed.

My conclusion is that there's nothing we can do that will make the information apparent to those who can't bother to look for it - so any effort made in that regard is wasted.

• So when is IC2 updating for 1.0.0?

I'm kidding guys, just a joke :P

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt

• bump- 1.62 is out but the banner up top still reads 1.43

...just something I noticed, figure it just got overlooked due to the site problems earlier today.

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.