suggestion: Nether plasma battery

• So this idea started off as a solution for the problem with transferring energy from the Nether to the Overworld. Though it also had the side effect of giving us a reason to go hunting into the nether which now i find is actually more important.

It consists of a battery that can hold far more then a lapis battery (5-10x?) but is harder to make as well as only works to it's full potential in the Nether, it still works in the Overworld however it's energy stores deplete rather quickly.

First step is to macerate the Blaze rods into Blaze dust.

Then combine the Blaze dust with a Ghast tear to get Gelatinized Embers.

Throw that into a compressor to flatten it into sheets to get an Ember Plate.

Finally taking some lava and building a vessel for it with Some obsidian as shielding and simple so you can hold it like so:

:Coal Chunk: = Obsidian
    :Lava Cell: = Lava cell or bucket
    :Nuke TNT: = Ember plate

:Coal Chunk::Nuke TNT::Coal Chunk:
    :Nuke TNT: :Lava Cell: :Nuke TNT:
    :Coal Chunk::Nuke TNT::Coal Chunk:

You get a Ember Sheathed Plasma Orb which has the odd tendency to start the lava inside spinning faster and faster as you apply electricity to it and even odder then that the effect of the spinning lava within on the Blaze rod and Ghast Tear material causes a very controlled electrical arc whenever it is near Lapis, essentially discharging the rotational energy of the orb. (essentially meaning it will only charge items that use lapis in their construction like MFSUs and Lapis batteries however it can be charged in just about anything)

Essentially you'd have
    A) a good way to transfer energy from the nether
    B) a reason to go into the nether at all
    C) a still balanced item due to the fact that if used in the Overworld it will deplete it's entire energy store within 5-10 minutes

• It consists of a battery that can hold far more then a lapis battery (5-10x?) but is harder to make as well as only works to it's full potential in the Nether, it still works in the Overworld however it's energy stores deplete rather quickly.

Cannot affect items over time... Well you can but only if the player is wearing them and hello buildcraft/redpower. Even so, making it deplete faster outside the nether would mean adding code to EVERYTHING that can store the item. In other words, Nope!

First step is to macerate the Blaze rods into Blaze dust.

Ehhh... Are we actually using Enchanment and potion stuff now? I thought everybody that had an ounce of sanity hated that stuff and never want to hear about it and even less touch it?

Then combine the Blaze dust with a Ghast tear to get Gelatinized Embers.

I shed a tear for how crazy this is starting to sound now. Use that tear instead?

You get a Ember Sheathed Plasma Orb which has the odd tendency to start the lava inside spinning faster and faster as you apply electricity to it and even odder then that the effect of the spinning lava within on the Blaze rod and Ghast Tear material causes a very controlled electrical arc whenever it is near Lapis, essentially discharging the rotational energy of the orb. (essentially meaning it will only charge items that use lapis in their construction like MFSUs and Lapis batteries however it can be charged in just about anything)

Eh whaa? Spinning lava, blazing tears of Ghast rods shooting electricity?

A) a good way to transfer energy from the nether
    B) a reason to go into the nether at all
    C) a still balanced item due to the fact that if used in the Overworld it will deplete it's entire energy store within 5-10 minutes

A)

Right? Because a lapotron crystal that stores 1 million EU is a horribly bad energy storage device... Considering it would take 41 minutes to fill ONE of them using a lava gen and it would take 41 minutes to fill 41 of them (for a total of 41 million EU) using 41 lava gens.
    I can't even begin to imagine how long it would then take to fill an inventory full of your 3 million EU plasma batteries. What exactly am i going to be doing in the nether for all that time? You see, when you leave the nether everything stops down there. So i would have to spend a few hours down there building stuff and then wait for the energy to be produced.

Or, if Lapotron crystals aren't good enough i can always have a stack of empty cells and fill those with a pump and a miner. At a much higher rate than burnig the lava with generators. I can carry a total of 69.12 million EU's worth in lava cells back home in less time spent.
    Sure, it's going to cost me 216 tin ingots but i think it's worth it as long as i don't spend a minute longer in the nether than i actually have to. And that is before we consider the fact we would still need to either build a lava transport system or use lava cells in the nether using your proposed plasma battery.

B)

Go to the nether to acquire energy that i can just as easily produce outside of the nether? Gotcha! (If i want millions of EU's in energy i could build solar flowers and sit on my ass for the rest of my minecraft experience.

C)

If certain people would rather build 16 bat boxes to transfer 32 EU/t without any loss from the sky i doubt they would be willing to lose several thousand EU by transporting plasma batteries.

------------------

And once more, the coding required to make these work as you propose would be more than any programmer would like to do. If you however are really fond of your idea then code it yourself.

Or to quote a wise man:
    "If you are not ready to work for your ideas, how can you expect someone else to do it?"

• Can we just file "Nether/Realm energy transfer" with the same type of scrutiny as Lighting Rods now, please?

Seriously... These types of ideas are not worth the effort...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Can we just file "Nether/Realm energy transfer" with the same type of scrutiny as Lighting Rods now, please?

Seriously... These types of ideas are not worth the effort...

^This. If I ever set up in the nether, I'm using geothermal. Did you know I actually go TO the nether to get my lava supply for my geothermal run outpost? I have yet to see a good way of actually moving energy from the overwold to the nether. It's just not practical, when you have almost infinite supply of 20,000 eu blocks of bubbling energy, AKA lava. I'm not against energy transfer, but it seems there is no perfect way of doing it.

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

• Cannot affect items over time... Well you can but only if the player is wearing them and hello buildcraft/redpower. Even so, making it deplete faster outside the nether would mean adding code to EVERYTHING that can store the item. In other words, Nope!

Valid point I'll give you that one.

Ehhh... Are we actually using Enchanment and potion stuff now? I thought everybody that had an ounce of sanity hated that stuff and never want to hear about it and even less touch it?

If your not using potions i would think you'd be glad to have some other use for their drops besides potions.

I shed a tear for how crazy this is starting to sound now. Use that tear instead?

And all of a sudden your for making potions? Make up your mind.

Eh whaa? Spinning lava, blazing tears of Ghast rods shooting electricity?

So I made up some random pseuodo physics to explain what was going on, Considering just about the entirety of minecraft is based on basicly the same thing, I think you might be playing the wrong game if your turning your nose up at it. Do you only use mechanics in Minecraft make sense? I can't imagine you'd get very far with that, what with the whole needing to -punch- down a tree in the first 5 seconds of the game and all.

On top of that your criticizing the made up mechanics of a made up item dropped by a made up creature from a made up alternate dimension that you get to through a made up magical portal from a made up world.

Right? Because a lapotron crystal that stores 1 million EU is a horribly bad energy storage device... Considering it would take 41 minutes to fill ONE of them using a lava gen and it would take 41 minutes to fill 41 of them (for a total of 41 million EU) using 41 lava gens.

It would require 36 diamonds, 72 iron, 216 lapis lazuli, 264 Redstone, 1296 copper, and 2592 rubber For 36 Lapotron crystals and your talking about 41 of them? Right, I'll get right on that.

I can't even begin to imagine how long it would then take to fill an inventory full of your 3 million EU plasma batteries. What exactly am i going to be doing in the nether for all that time? You see, when you leave the nether everything stops down there.

Congratulations!! you've been awarded the Captain Obvious Award.

So i would have to spend a few hours down there building stuff and then wait for the energy to be produced.

Once again you seem to be Snubbing your nose at pretty much the core concept of Minecraft.

Or, if Lapotron crystals aren't good enough i can always have a stack of empty cells and fill those with a pump and a miner. At a much higher rate than burnig the lava with generators. I can carry a total of 69.12 million EU's worth in lava cells back home in less time spent.
    Sure, it's going to cost me 216 tin ingots but i think it's worth it as long as i don't spend a minute longer in the nether than i actually have to. And that is before we consider the fact we would still need to either build a lava transport system or use lava cells in the nether using your proposed plasma battery.

For one thing there is nothing that says you'd need to use tin, if your sufficiently clever it's pretty simple to make a system that uses buckets instead.

Go to the nether to acquire energy that i can just as easily produce outside of the nether? Gotcha! (If i want millions of EU's in energy i could build solar flowers and sit on my ass for the rest of my minecraft experience.

If that's your thing then go to it your perfectly welcome to it, That doesn't mean that other people aren't allowed to play in a different way.

If certain people would rather build 16 bat boxes to transfer 32 EU/t without any loss from the sky i doubt they would be willing to lose several thousand EU by transporting plasma batteries.

If certain people are perfectly fine with not building 16 bat boxes to transfer 32eu/t without any loss from the sky I bet they would be willing to lose a several thousand eu by transporting plasma batteries. See how that works? Once again you seem to deny any other way to play minecraft as being valid.

In the end your post has been the most useless I've seen in a very long time, including those begging for people to update their mod. Aside from the one point about it not being possible the way that the code works, every one of your points involves criticizing the methods that minecraft itself uses and or belittling any other way to play minecraft other then your own.

In essence I came up with a relatively creative way to do a few things that i find Minecraft is lacking in at once. I apologize for not thinking of that one aspect of the code implication when I was posting but honestly I would likely have still posted it. Especially since aside from the Code limitation it still gives us a reason to expand into the nether which is a main tennant of the idea. Yes it will have to be done in a different way but the idea is still a good one.

And finally a quote for you to think about:
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away."

• Somebody should make a lightning rod and a Nether energy transfer addon, and shut everone up for once and all! That is, until somebody comes up with another idea....

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    2. Go away, you creeper wierdo!
    3. What ever, I'll just go around.
    4. Hup, over their heads I go!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!

• And finally a quote for you to think about:
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away."

If we think that Alblaka's time would be better spent elsewhere, who are you to criticize us? Using your quote, you are the one being conformist and angry.

I wonder how many cells I can put into my reactor before it ex... BOOOM!
    :Uranium Ingot: + MinecraftCreeper dust+ my friends base= fun

If I ever set up in the nether, I'm using geothermal. Did you know I actually go TO the nether to get my lava supply for my geothermal run outpost? I have yet to see a good way of actually moving energy from the overwold to the nether. It's just not practical, when you have almost infinite supply of 20,000 eu blocks of bubbling energy, AKA lava. I'm not against energy transfer, but it seems there is no perfect way of doing it.

Ironically, there is such as a way, as seen in my last episode of my let's play .

And the materials required for such a setup is so hideously cheap, it almost beckons the word 'OP'...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• I just wanna point out that if you are using buckets in your nether geotherm facility then you are using either BuildCraft or RedPower. For balance reasons we would compare this suggestion to users only using IC2. (IC2 is supposed to be balanced with itself primarily)
    I know i mentioned buildcraft and redpower as transport systemsfor those plasma batteries. Well, that's because just as many that play without BC/RP2 plays with BC/RP2 and as such they will just abuse that fact to make those batteries not lose any energy.

And most of my post was sarcasm. But a few things are really true to me and many others:

* We don't like the nether. It was a pointless addon to MC and the only reason i go there is because i need lightstone dust to make recyclers etc. I have started a new world and i am seriously considering giving myself a lot of lightstone dust using NEI (Not enough Items > TMI) and throw away 14 obsidian and a flint and steel in "honor" of the resource cost of going to the nether.

If i can choose between going to the nether to get lava or find myself a lava pool outside the nether and having to walk several hundred blocks to it. I chose the lava pool! Going to the nether is just a distraction from what the game is meant to be.
    Then you can only think of what i see the "Ender" as... Complete waste of time!

As for potions and enchantments... All it has done is cause problems for mod developers. Many mods where (per standard) updated to MC 1.0.0 because that's what people expect us modders to do. I would be perfectly fine with all mods staying on MC 1.8.1 until notch adds anything USEFUL in the game again. (Albeit, i do agree with breeding animals)

But ALL of this is very much besides the point really... The point is, your suggestion doesn't add much at all to the gameplay in IC2. It is a niche specifically aimed at people going to the nether using GeoTherms. The amount of coding required to implement your suggestion could just as easily be spent on making GeoTherms better outside the nether and making nuclear reactors distinctly better than the other generation methods. As it stands, Solar and Wind generators are still better in the long run than all other types of generators.
    The only reason we use solar/wind in the real world is because it is CLEAN and saves our planet plus the sun won't die in several million years. It still takes more than 20 YEARS for those energy generation methods to PAY for themselves whereas making a nuclear reactor takes about 3 years to pay off.

• It's called a mod. your right, the nether has no benifit whatsoever with the exception of an easy place to get lava. but i've modded the nether with Nether Ores which has all ores (including diamond). and makes the nether actually worth exploring etc.

• It's called a mod. your right, the nether has no benifit whatsoever with the exception of an easy place to get lava. but i've modded the nether with Nether Ores which has all ores (including diamond). and makes the nether actually worth exploring etc.

I know of this mod. I ignored it because i don't want to load another realm just to do the same thing i can do in the overworld.