[Bug 1.43] Quantum boots, helmet glitch and the Nether

• Super jumping (ctrl + space) in the nether with quantum boots while moving, will catapult the user in a random direction, so fast to even be called hacking, upon return to basic world, super jump causes sudden huge random launch at apex of jump, even when stationary.
    Edit: also applies to helmet, helmet shows full gui full of food when in nether, but food is not actually at full. damage happens as though without full bar, no health regeneration.

• I have the same problem, as do all the people on my private server. Not only that, but the helmet will not repair health in the Nether. I went in with full health and full food (after eating beef) then did some netherrack mining (I had q-helmet, q-leggings, lappack, and rubber boots on) and I accidentally clipped the side of a lava river. I naturally caught on fire, and I noticed my hearts immediately dropped to 6, and my food was at 10 but when i took damage it would drop momentarily to 1-3 then immediately go back up.

-Helmet seemingly works fine in overworld except it keeps your food at 9 instead of full 10.
    -Chestpiece does not block all damage unless a full suit is worn. Very bad considering the q-boots in the nether glitch causing my friends to not want to wear them in the nether (aka losing a full suit of armor in the lava).
    -Leggings seem to work great, except I absolutely hate the new command system. Now we don't just accidentally lurch towards the lava, we absolutely rocket out into the middle of it! I want the old crtrl+w to go fast hotkey, but still have the ability to run normally. Or, even better, have to be running with 2xW and then press CTRl to turbo sprint. Right now I am forced to switch between Q-leggings and nano-leggings.
    -Boots cause so many problems. Not only do they not always prevent fall damage in the overworld, 0% of the time in the nether, but they cause the annoying crash the OP is posting about. It will also have the high-speed hacking kick if you try to super jump while lagging at all (with the sound engine bug this happens to my friends all the time). I think the recipe should be disabled for now if the suit is making it so hard to play normally.

• You can still change it to the old behavior (ctrl to dash), just set "quantumSpeedOnSprint" (or whatever the exact line is) to false instead of true.

• I had banned nether back in oct/nov. Still banned because of this bug. I think it has been reported a few times before.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• If it's any use, I had exactly the same problem (hyperspeed when jumping, helmet not refilling my food bar) when in the End. I ended (ha!) up having to eat some zombie flesh to stop me from dying of hunger before I could finish nanoswording the Enderdragon.

EDIT: the hyperspeed jump can be cured by disconnecting and reconnecting after going through a Nether gate or End portal - you'll move normally until you go through another gate/portal again. I forgot about this upon returning to the real world one time and managed to jump up to a height of y = 450 with no sign of slowing down before some Redpower component on my end crashed. On the plus side, when I reconnected and fell the 450 blocks back down again, my quantum shoes protected me just fine :D.

GENERATION (Pineapple + i): The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• It's an issue with how the Nether handles coordinates. Couldn't resolve it yet.

Would be possible to nerf the armor then? Just remove some the abilities that don't work. I like that idea anyways. Makes it more challenging hehe.

• simply discharge quantum suit or disable it on first tick in nether.

if feature can't be fixed - disable it.

Yeah I agree with this. Some kind of interference with the suit causes it to fail lol. Thats roleplaying for ya lol