Question: 1.43 Can rubber trees be repaired?

• If I am a little over-zealous in my pruning with the chainsaw and accidentally cut the tree trunk, if I replace the rubber tree wood block, will it continue to spawn resin tap points? Similarly, if I get a short tree, can I trim the leaves from the top and add extra wood blocks to the top to level the height of my plantation?

Related question... if I build a solid wall of rubber wood blocks, wait a while for resin taps to appear then knock out and replace the blocks that don't have a tap, can I eventually build a wall of taps?

Related question 2: the wiki refers to not hitting the "black" resin tap for fear of removing it permanently. I don't think I've ever seen a black tap point. Is that just my vision or has that feature been removed?

Related question 3(probably answered elsewhere): how often do the tap points respawn?

Thanks,
    Xeno

GENERATION 26: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment or chain letter? This is left as an exercise for the reader.

Efficiency 3, 50% duty cycle. SMP friendly. Alternate two of them slowly with an rp2 sequencer for a steady 120 EU/t.
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…=1j10101001501521s1r11r10

• Not sure where you got that bunch of misinfomation from:
    Anyway: you can safely hack down all but the resin spots on a tree and the resin will still come back.

Resin spots don't "appear" on logs that are placed, only on freshly grown trees.

The empty resin spot is there, it's just a litle hard to make out.

there's no one time it takes to respawn but it takes a while.

• Thanks for that, chaps.

Yes, SMP. I'll have to test that. Cheers

GENERATION 26: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment or chain letter? This is left as an exercise for the reader.

Efficiency 3, 50% duty cycle. SMP friendly. Alternate two of them slowly with an rp2 sequencer for a steady 120 EU/t.
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…=1j10101001501521s1r11r10

• This is related to all your questions: http://forum.industrial-craft.…page=Thread&threadID=3278

Also to confirm what has been said already.
    No, placing wood blocks will NOT spawn resin holes, only a newly grown tree with create resin holes.
    If you accidentally destroy or cut a wood block with a resin hole in it you will have to re-plant the tree.
    Disclaimer:

I am totally and utterly Christmas eve drunk, anything i post today might be full of spelling errors and typos and ramblings and other hilarity.

• You can use pistons to make a wall of them. (In theory) It's what I plan on doing, as axtracting the rubber from the RP2 rubber trees can only go on for so long before I run out of them. It takes a ton of rubber to make solars now.

• You can use pistons to make a wall of them. (In theory) It's what I plan on doing, as axtracting the rubber from the RP2 rubber trees can only go on for so long before I run out of them. It takes a ton of rubber to make solars now.

Can't use pistons on rubber trees anymore as of 1.337

• I've never tried using pistons on rubber trees. nor any IC2 TileEntity. One possible problem with using pistons on such things is that they may become corrupted if you move them with a piston. (Or even with worldedit).

• I've never tried using pistons on rubber trees. nor any IC2 TileEntity. One possible problem with using pistons on such things is that they may become corrupted if you move them with a piston. (Or even with worldedit).

Worldedit's pretty stupid in the way it handles things. far as I can tell it doesn't know about damage values.
    So far i've only used it to clear stuff (like the leftover scaffolding from a quarry that it never cleans up)
    although I almost wish there was something like that for Vanilla SMP, i've got a large frame or two that need cleaning but I don't want to go through the effort :)

• Technically, an admin could give themself damage-valued rubber tree logs and have a good shot at getting one that has a 'living' (possibly even ready to harvest) sap hole. However as explained in the other thread, there is zero chance of building a rubber tree in game other than from a sapling.