Xyberviri's "Treachery" CASUC 1820 EU/t MK2

• Wow, never even crossed my mind to use multiple block breakers. Nice. I can get 4 working on a single golem but not 5. Probably just need to mess with the redstone though.

• Wow, never even crossed my mind to use multiple block breakers. Nice. I can get 4 working on a single golem but not 5. Probably just need to mess with the redstone though.

I successfully got 12 breakers on one golem. Makes 30 snowballs a second. Lemme know if you guys want a ss, it's a tricky setup.

EDIT: Screw a ss, I made a small video on my snow golem setup. As soon as it's done uploading I'll add the link here.
    EDIT2: Made the video, uploaded to youtube, but movie maker is making it completely black and useless. Trying to figure it out now X(
    EDIT3: Behold. 1 Snowman 12 Block Breakers

I would like to add I heard this from Xyberviri first and the 12 blockbreaker idea. I just implemented it into a design and fine tuned it for multiple reactors.

Of course this is all excess and you should only really need the 4 block breaker setup to run 1 reactor.

• before i accedently blew it up with a misplaced mass fabricator for testing my setup producing ice with 6 snow golems was using 7 Electric engines (Forestry by SirSengir) and 5 singularity compressors, i had to use overflow pipes on the compressors due to there being about 1/3 to many snowballs (couldent make use of the rest just dumped it into lava) that produced more ice than the reactor could use (also dumped), at the point where all my machinerey pulled EUs from the 3 MFSUs i had hooked up i measured ~122EU/t (~1400 ticks) and the reactor itself produced 1780EU/t

i think that these snow golem powered CASUC reactors could potentialy be incredibly OP and simple to operate especialy if you can just hook up a single snow supply point to a bunch of reactors. i smell an inc nerf tho so you should probably have emergency shutdowns on your reactors for nerf patches, or somthing idk. just dont hook up a mass fab like i did to the direct output unless you wanna start over X(

I would like to add that 1 golem with 12 block breakers was requires an enormous amount of entities to move enough ice through the system to feed into all 6 reactors causing my fps to drop from 120 to 25, If you do not perfectly route the ice is flows unevenly, and if your overflow system isn't perfect the reactors again flow unevenly and the reactors don't get enough ice promptly causing a chain reaction of craters.

Not to mention running a cycle of 6 reactors requires 240 uranium cells. Therfore running this setup in an SSP world and not just for fun in a creative world would be ridiculous.

• I don't mean to burst anyone's bubble, but why go through the work of setting up a snow golem thing when you can just set up a pump->compressor->compressor->reactor? From the wiki " As of v1.337 a pump with a infinite water source under it and a compressor placed directly next to it will pump and compress water into snowballs without the need for cells." This means once the snow is made from the pump and compressor you can just follow the same process as before without the snow golem variable. Just seems simpler and a little more realistic for those who like to play like that (like me).

• I don't mean to burst anyone's bubble, but why go through the work of setting up a snow golem thing when you can just set up a pump->compressor->compressor->reactor? From the wiki " As of v1.337 a pump with a infinite water source under it and a compressor placed directly next to it will pump and compress water into snowballs without the need for cells." This means once the snow is made from the pump and compressor you can just follow the same process as before without the snow golem variable. Just seems simpler and a little more realistic for those who like to play like that (like me).

The pump->compressor->compressor thing takes like 25+ seconds per ice. The reactors that use snowmen use 6 ice per second. You would need 150 compressor lines to keep up with demand. Talk about lag X(

• I love the idea of this reactor, but I have a issue. I tried using the test world save you included only to be hit with a saving chunks crash right away. I have the reactor cooling completely setup, but no EU is being generated when the reactor is in operation. I can't tell if I am missing something here or not. This is on my test world. I am not going to even begin to waste resources until I know I can duplicate the design.

• Yeah I already tried that and it didn't help. If I try ticking on the reactor it says 0EU as well.

Try breaking one of the HV cables then placing it back.

**** EDITED ****

Found the issue with my setup I had the HV transformer flipped around now it runs. I am not getting enough ice into the reactor fast enough to keep it from melting down. I used the electric thermometer and measure the hull temp it stayed at a constant 20. As I said though I am having to stand guard with additional ice blocks to keep the ice from running out. I have 3 transposers hooked up to the personal safe to pull the ice out 3x faster. I will also say this is INCREDIBLY LAGGY!

I will have to settle for something smaller to handle my future base needs.