Better Than Buildcraft - Opinions?

• For those who have not seen it yet:
    http://www.mod-buildcraft.com/…01/better-then-buildcraft

Apparently, this is an integration of BTW and BC; keep in mind that the BC that we all know and love will still be developed under Forge, so no crying there.

My opinion: It blows. Simple as that. Biggest hit for me? Redstone engines require BTW mechanical power to work. Three letters: WTF?

Alright, have at it.

• Just saw it recently, and started playing it, it's just making me sad, mostly cuz of the redstone engines. Also for the recipe for Diamond pipes. Personally -> i don't like it , i love how buildcraft is now, i think that's pretty ok now (also the 3.1 version is going to be completly awesome.. °-°).

:Energy Crystal:___:Energy Crystal: I'm crystalized!

• Hoo boy, found the MCF post about it:

Minecraft Forge is NOT required to be installed for this mod to function (installing it separately will actually interfere with the proper functioning of this mod). However, the current release of BTB contains several Forge files.

Redundant much?

• 6 Diamonds -> 4 Diamond pipes 8|

This sure came from left field, nice for the Better Then Wolves users, not so much use for me.

Lookin' forward to BuildCraft 3.x!

• Lookin' forward to BuildCraft 3.x!

Ditto. Once BC 3.x is stable enough to be tossed into the SMP ring, a lot of people are going to go nuts on the whole Lasers things.

• Ditto. Once BC 3.x is stable enough to be tossed into the SMP ring, a lot of people are going to go nuts on the whole Lasers things.

Yup, me being one of them. Don't have anywhere near enough power for the lasers though. May have an actual use for all of this biofuel i've been making with forestry for something other than mass fab fodder. Like feeding it to a combustion engine set to power the lasers.

• Yup, me being one of them. Don't have anywhere near enough power for the lasers though. May have an actual use for all of this biofuel i've been making with forestry for something other than mass fab fodder. Like feeding it to a combustion engine set to power the lasers.

I think we all are waiting for 3.x , and espacially 3.10, being stable! :33

:Energy Crystal:___:Energy Crystal: I'm crystalized!

• Well, on the plus side. BTBC won't reach too far considering the BTW people are a fairly segregated group. Of course that doesn't stop them from creating multiple Minecraft installs for different mods, but even so...

I do wonder what was going through SpaceToad's mind when FC offered this idea up?

Anyways, saw Toad's BC 3.1.0 preview video, the paths alone are enough to make me giddy. There's a lot of stuff coming with this new version.

• Official Post

I can say with the nifty new additions to the BC 3.x branch, I'm looking forward to adding it to my mod repertoire again.

As for the BTBC, it actually is Better (Than Wolves) Then Buildcraft, meaning you have to have an established BTW world to actually use Buildcraft items.... I'm not too sure how I feel about this bridge-mod (Actually, I don't like it one bit, but that's probably because I detest BTW for a few reasons, some of them personal).....

• My wife told me about this guy she used to know... he was really good looking but as soon as he opened his mouth, forget it.
    Any mod that FC makes is going to be like that - it might look good but not good enough to put up with the attitude and the behavior.

There's a lot to like about BuildCraft, and the biggest thing is that I don't need BtW to enjoy it!
    I think the "balance" is only even for those using BtW only, and I don't particularly think that BC itself is imbalanced in any way.

I'm not sure why SpaceToad decided to help FC, and I wonder how long before FC alienates him, too - because it's clear that FC's "my way or the highway" attitude still stands.
    I know everything I need to know about all this from the mouths of the developers themselves. Toad is cool, Elo is cool, Alblaka is cool... each of them is capable of accepting constructive criticism and even taking negative feedback with tact and grace. Only FC lacks that characteristic, so I'm unconvinced that the problem is "everyone else".

In short, any good ideas that BTBC might have are overshadowed by the "community" of fanboys and yes-men that assemble around FC.

• Yeah.. that's politer than what I could say about him.. I mean FC gets all pissy over some imagined slight his ego overinflated and claims others are hard to work with or something like that. Totally fails to look in the mirror and see the real problem...
    Ever had a look at his forums? The guy's got a big mouth and insults others at the drop of a hat. (particularly in the thread where he announced that he was leaving the forge) The kind of behavior that would get one banned anywhere else.

• The amusing thing is, for someone who claims not to care what people think of him or his mod, he sure is pretty sensitive to criticism and quick to take offense to the slightest thing.
    It's almost like he doesn't want to be liked - in which case, he's doing a bang-up job of it.

I think maybe he asked SpaceToad for help because he realized that his decision meant people would choose BuildCraft over BTW. The way he responded to a post that weas intended to be complimentary has cemented my decision not to use any mod he's involved in.

• The amusing thing is, for someone who claims not to care what people think of him or his mod, he sure is pretty sensitive to criticism and quick to take offense to the slightest thing.
    It's almost like he doesn't want to be liked - in which case, he's doing a bang-up job of it.

I think maybe he asked SpaceToad for help because he realized that his decision meant people would choose BuildCraft over BTW. The way he responded to a post that weas intended to be complimentary has cemented my decision not to use any mod he's involved in.

This. I touched BTW once back when it was just starting, I didn't like it at all.

• I guess FC is upset because he thinks I'm "slandering" him on other forums. That really sounds like someone who doesn't care what others think of him. :rolleyes:

From the home office in Jackass Flats, Nevada...

TOP 10 REJECTED TITLES FOR BTW/BTBC:

10) Better Than an Icepick in the Eye
    9) Better Than Ezra
    8 ) Better Than an Allegedly Intentional Grammatical Error
    7) Better Than Minecraft
    6) Better Than Forge
    5) Better Than You
    4) Better Than Revenge
    3) Better Than I Know Myself
    2) Better Than Your Honor Student

and the Number One rejected title:

1) Better Than Having to Listen to FC Stroke Himself Before His Adoring Legions. 8o