Breeder Help - Running out of uranium!

• If you say you dumped the buckets in I guess you didn't wait for the heat to distribute. The HDs take some ticks to take the heat from the hull, if you input lava too fast the hull will overheat before the HDs can take that heat. If you look at the tab Breeder options on that site it tells you how long to wait after each bucket to not overheat the hull

• If you say you dumped the buckets in I guess you didn't wait for the heat to distribute. The HDs take some ticks to take the heat from the hull, if you input lava too fast the hull will overheat before the HDs can take that heat. If you look at the tab Breeder options on that site it tells you how long to wait after each bucket to not overheat the hull

Ahh, I did not see that. What I did was dump 5 buckets first, then added another 5 about after 2 mins and dumped them all in. I walked out with the reactor still intact. I notice it was destroyed maybe an hour later when I came back.

• Breeder info says you need about 9 buckets, maybe 10 buckets is too much^^ Also the breeder relies on water cooling, but hot breeders vaporize water near them. Put the water sources at least 5 blocks over the reactor, this way the flowing water will vaporize, but not the water source.

• Breeder info says you need about 9 buckets, maybe 10 buckets is too much^^ Also the breeder relies on water cooling, but hot breeders vaporize water near them. Put the water sources at least 5 blocks over the reactor, this way the flowing water will vaporize, but not the water source.

Too late :<

I am reading this while my reactor room is burning to the ground. I expect an explosion in just a bit.

EDIT:
    There it goes, my 2nd breeder reactor :<

• Too late :<

I am reading this while my reactor room is burning to the ground. I expect an explosion in just a bit.

EDIT:
    There it goes, my 2nd breeder reactor :<

Are you using the Thermometer addon from the addon section ? It helps alot to determine when something goes wrong, and also always have an emergency switch ready to shut down that pesky reactor incase all goes wrong! (ice helps as well)

• Are you using the Thermometer addon from the addon section ? It helps alot to determine when something goes wrong, and also always have an emergency switch ready to shut down that pesky reactor incase all goes wrong! (ice helps as well)

I could if it was client-side, since this is SMP (with Tekkit/Technic Mod SMP beta).

• My advice is not to go in such breeders types-most beautiful breeder is :
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…=1k10101001501521s1r11r19

Just throw some buckets(5 >_>) and it may go like forever,just be sure to time cycle and replace cells,as when uranium burns out-hull will start to cool and you won't know the value (10000>),I suggest you use desktop notification :D
    Hope you like the disign (probably,I'm not the first to invent it :( )

• My advice is not to go in such breeders types-most beautiful breeder is :
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…=1k10101001501521s1r11r19

Just throw some buckets(5 >_>) and it may go like forever,just be sure to time cycle and replace cells,as when uranium burns out-hull will start to cool and you won't know the value (10000>),I suggest you use desktop notification :D
    Hope you like the disign (probably,I'm not the first to invent it :( )

Am i missing something here ? Aside from this, "interesting" design, the Isotope cell on the top right is NOT charging like this,

• Am i missing something here ? Aside from this, "interesting" design, the Isotope cell on the top right is NOT charging like this,

You're only missing the older designs which are in the sticky thread and which work.

• The implication that his design does not work and that you should be spending your time studying the current state of this art in the game.

• The implication that his design does not work and that you should be spending your time studying the current state of this art in the game.

Wtf is wrong ? Got out of the wrong side of the bed ? This is my current understanding of reactors, and imagine i read alot about them, all stickies, ablakas tutorials, the wiki entries, numerous topics otherweise... doesnt say i'm right about everything but thats why i posted my opinion as i did. His design is not working proper, is it ? What the fuck is wrong with me saying that ?

Telling me that i'm an uneducated fuck that has to do some more reading is not really helping but thank you for nothing. But maybe, just maybe you're going to fill me in in your elitist knowledge so that an iliterate dumbass as me is finally getting it.

• Wtf is wrong ? Got out of the wrong side of the bed ? This is my current understanding of reactors, and imagine i read alot about them, all stickies, ablakas tutorials, the wiki entries, numerous topics otherweise... doesnt say i'm right about everything but thats why i posted my opinion as i did. His design is not working proper, is it ? What the fuck is wrong with me saying that ?

Telling me that i'm an uneducated fuck that has to do some more reading is not really helping but thank you for nothing. But maybe, just maybe you're going to fill me in in your elitist knowledge so that an iliterate dumbass as me is finally getting it.

please take it down an notch, minors might read these forums,

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• Am i missing something here ? Aside from this, "interesting" design, the Isotope cell on the top right is NOT charging like this,

You're not missing anything. That design doesn't charge all the cells. If you want to go with something simple that doesn't require heating up prior to running, and you have enough materials, go with something like this:

Mark II Positive Breeder

I got it from the A list of good reactor designs thread. It's a simple Mark II. It heats up all on it's own and is safe as long as you make sure it's completely cooled before running it a second time. The main reason I went with this is because the server didn't have the thermometer mod installed and I don't want to take the server down again to get it installed (2 times in a week was enough for most people).

• Your breeder there is -very- expensive; less than 3:1 ROI for input cells (planner + rough estimate is 4 total runs (with one annoying babysitting run) to enrich 32 cells at the cost of 8 cells) and the material and time costs are nothing to sneeze at either.

If it were that expensive I'd really look in to any other option.

• I use Nargons designs for a breeder. Its foolproof (Yep, I cconsider myself a fool when it comes to nuclear reactors), but then again, I think I have 4 full stacks of uranium I still need to burn through, so breeding more is not exactly a priority.

http://forum.industrial-craft.…?page=Thread&threadID=937

:Uranium Ingot: :Uranium Ingot: :Uranium Ingot: :Uranium Ingot:

Then again.. I use the thermometer addon to keep the temperature of the breeder around the 9K mark... I am not that much of a fool! :P

GENERATION 26: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the
    generation. Social experiment.

• Yes, that looks like a much better design. Though the numbers haven't been updated for the bump in reactor output. Multiple all eU figures by 2 (so intead of 5 eU/t it's 10 eU/t)

• Yes, that looks like a much better design. Though the numbers haven't been updated for the bump in reactor output. Multiple all eU figures by 2 (so intead of 5 eU/t it's 10 eU/t)

It does not seem to impact anything on the breeding ability. I have been running it the last couple of days, in 1.0 game, and the breeding cycle at 9000 + degrees, is still 5000 ticks. One uranium cell can breed 8 depleted into life again, so I am a happy camper. 2 uranium, 16 coaldusts and 1,5 tin that way becomes 8 new uranium cells. That seems like a fair enough exchange rate to me. 4 for 1. And a couple of millions of EU as well.
    I do recommend the updated thermometer though. Unless you are really good at guessing when it is just beyond the 9K mark, then that mod becomes invaluable.

GENERATION 26: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the
    generation. Social experiment.

• this reactor setup is lame and why so - starting heat is 0,which is 20000 ticks to charge,being a positive breeder this number will decrease as heat reaches 3k heat,6k and 9-but,by the end of a cycle it will have 9.8k heat,meaning that your charge will run at full potential quite a low time ,basically I'm not even sure,if you'll be able to make 1uranium into 4cells,they may not even charge fully..and my setup is best,because the only thing you need after investment - put new cells in time,without even heating,as well as 1U will produce 4 cells(5k ticks to charge)
    It's up to you