Configuring IC2 and Addons (For Compatibility)

• Hey everyone,

My mod has kinda skyrocketted on popularity, and I output a new version last night that has OreDictionary usage and the beginning basis for solid integration with IC2. However before I begin work on the "addon" mod that'll link the two (by adding my ores from Metallurgy to the Macerator recipes and a few other things) I need to know if its possible to disable Al's Copper/Tin spawns using the config files, and if the Miner can be configured to pickup other blockIDs.

To explain.

Metallurgy uses a different ore system than base MC, instead of the Ore Blocks dropping themselves, the Ore Blocks in Metallurgy are called "Veins", and the basic Ore Blocks ingame for Iron/Gold replaced with my own veins on worldgen. The Ore Item they drop is normally ground to dust at a workbench, then can be mixed to make an alloy (IE: Iron Ore in a Workbench = Iron Dust, Iron Dust + Manganese Dust = Steel Dust, Steel Dust + Furnace = Steel Bar). Right now the OreDictionary works well for this, because it'll take my oreItems as a replacement for the oreBlocks that normally are used for Copper/Tin (So you can actually grind my Tin Ore item into Al's Tin Dust at a Macerator for example).

The addon mod I'm about to begin work on would do the following:
    -Disable IC2's Tin/Copper spawns
    -Add Macerator recipes for my ores to output to my dusts (my Copper Ore would Macerate into my Copper Dust for example instead of Al's, also for my other metals that IC2 doesn't have)
    -UMM Recipes (if possible) for my ore items, possibly to disable/replace the current ones that generate into Ore Blocks
    -Allow the Miner to detect my Ore Veins as possible targets

I need to know to what extent IC2 allows configurations for these things, and also what the API can allow me to do with it, any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm a huge IC2 fan (as you can tell I've been around here a bit and posted a lot) and complete integration/compatibility with my mod has always been a vital thing I've wanted to do.

Thanks for your time.

Still remember the convo ending with "No, stop bugging me, cables transmitting energy are totally not possible! Use the batterys."

• Official Post

Alright, based on what you are wanting to do, I think everything can be done in 1.5x versions.

1. Disable any of the world gen for IC2
    2. Add Macerator/any other processing machine recipes via the API now, not done via TE's
    3. Add block id/meta that the ore scanners and miner look for
    4. At the moment there are no configuration options for UUM, if you would like some, just drop one of us coders a message/here with what you need, you should be able to add your own though

I think that everything you were asking about.

Sounds like a fun mod, looking forward to it...

Lesson 1: Watch over your crops....

• That sounds awesome! Exactly what I was looking for!

I was so excited when I booted up IC2 and my latest version of my mod and could craft Cables with my Copper Bars (simple but so.. fulfilling after 8 hours of hard work), I can't wait to get it all running and integrated. Integration/Synergy with other mods is something I've always felt more modders need to strive to achieve.

Thank you greatly! I'll definitely be in touch (probably in IRC for general bits, and PM for serious questions).

Still remember the convo ending with "No, stop bugging me, cables transmitting energy are totally not possible! Use the batterys."

• Official Post

Sounds good!

• Sounds good!

I do have one fear however, would I have to remove my Copper from the OreDictionary if I included a custom Macerator recipe for it? Because then it would basically try to count my ore for both recipes.

• Official Post

I do have one fear however, would I have to remove my Copper from the OreDictionary if I included a custom Macerator recipe for it? Because then it would basically try to count my ore for both recipes.

Actually I believe that the recipe is automatically registered with the Macerator when you add an ore to the dictionary, such as your copper, so actually you should keep it in the dictionary, and remove the manual recipe (at least in 1.5x) if I'm not mistaken.

• Actually I believe that the recipe is automatically registered with the Macerator when you add an ore to the dictionary, such as your copper, so actually you should keep it in the dictionary, and remove the manual recipe (at least in 1.5x) if I'm not mistaken.

Well then the Ore would macerate into IC2's dust instead of mine, a minor cosmetic thing (because they have different graphics and colors), but just something I'd like to avoid if its not too difficult.

• Official Post

Wait, you need a new dust too? What's wrong with IC's?

• Wait, you need a new dust too? What's wrong with IC's?

I don't need a new dust, its just I also have a Copper Dust in my mod (and a Tin/Bronze Dust). As I said its just cosmetic if one or the other is used. So not a big deal at all, was just something I was wondering. (only real difference is my Bronze recipe takes less Copper than IC2's, its 1-1)

Does IC2 declare their dusts in OreDictionary as such?

• Official Post

I don't need a new dust, its just I also have a Copper Dust in my mod (and a Tin/Bronze Dust). As I said its just cosmetic if one or the other is used. So not a big deal at all, was just something I was wondering. (only real difference is my Bronze recipe takes less Copper than IC2's, its 1-1)

Does IC2 declare their dusts in OreDictionary as such?

Yeah, Forge's ore handler doesn't have dusts incorporated, so no, it isn't in the dictionary. The ores and ingots are the only related items in dictionary as far as copper tin etc, along with uran.

• Yeah, Forge's ore handler doesn't have dusts incorporated, so no, it isn't in the dictionary. The ores and ingots are the only related items in dictionary as far as copper tin etc, along with uran.

Alright, gotcha, and thank you greatly =)

• So. When will you make the addon for 1.7.10? Some of us play on versions that are still "alive." 1.6.4 and older are already out of date.

• Official Post

Would you count 3 years, 2 months, 3 weeks and 3 days ago as being dead?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Mostly, yeah. But, this thread is still around, and this guy's account is still here, so I'm hoping he'll see it.

• Official Post

this guy's account is still here

Shadow was last on Tuesday, November 6th 2012, 3:16pm - 2 years, 4 months, 4 weeks and 1 day ago
    Alex was last on Sunday, June 1st 2014, 1:17am - 10 months and 3 days ago

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.