[Important] Developers: API documentation, Upcoming API improvements, API release

• Is it possible to modify an already existing recipe?
    For example, I want to create an add on that introduces a complicated fiber system to make nano suit, based on real life science and chemical reaction. Could it be possible to change the nano suit to use my recipe and not the one with carbon fibers? Could I do that without touching the IC2 folder and just adding it to my add on?

EDIT: Is there somewhere better where I could have asked?

I am something similar to a cat.

Edited 2 times, last by Aquilamo ().

• Official Post

I have a few Questions about the 1.3 Version of the API, and dont want to open a new Thread

1. Is it Downwardscompatible with the current API?, I mean, do the Functions still have the same Names and Parameters?
    2. Where will the Folder be placed inside the Workspace?, because there were major structural Changes in Forge
    3. Is the E-net-API still working after the same principle, like addTile, removeTile, emitEnergy and those E-net-BlockInterfaces (IEnergyTile)?

1. Is it Downwardscompatible with the current API?, I mean, do the Functions still have the same Names and Parameters?

currently yes

2. Where will the Folder be placed inside the Workspace?, because there were major structural Changes in Forge

Minecraft.common.ic2.api

3. Is the E-net-API still working after the same principle, like addTile, removeTile, emitEnergy and those E-net-BlockInterfaces (IEnergyTile)?

currently yes

• Is there a way of adding custom liquid cells and how?
    So you put the liquid to :Empty Cell: and get something like :Water Cell: but with that liquid.

I hope you understand

Thanks,
    Dawars

• Is there a way of adding custom liquid cells and how?
    So you put the liquid to :Empty Cell: and get something like :Water Cell: but with that liquid.

I hope you understand

Thanks,
    Dawars

As in a crafting recipe or in a machine?

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• I realized that it's not necessary because you craft the lava cells and I can make my machine to accept it so sorry for the disturbing.
    Because in Forestry there is a bottler...

• Is it possible (or will it be possible in future) to add custom recipes for the Canning Machine?

At the moment, I don't think it is possible to do this, Greg had a thread on this subject

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• How to use this? I tried to decompile the client with this mod, but I had got this stupid error:
    > Applying Retroguard
    '"java" -cp "runtime/bin/retroguard.jar:lib:lib/*:jars/bin/minecraft.jar:jars/bin/jinput.jar:jars/bin...' failed : 1

== ERRORS FOUND ==

Unrecoverable error during obfuscation, see log file for details.
    RetroGuard error: COM.rl.obf.classfile.ClassFileException: ClassNotFound codechicken/nei/recipe/TemplateRecipeHandler$CachedRecipe
    ==================
    HELP!!!
    I successfully decompiled the clean client, but i can't decompile client with this mod (client is working).

• Remove the nei-folder from the IC²-jar. Its causing the Problem.
    Or you can add NEI to the decompiled Mods, hat would work too.

In case you get that error with other Mods, then delete their Integration-Folders too or install them to the Decompilation Setup.

I removed neiintegration, but i get another error:
    == ERRORS FOUND ==

RetroGuard error: COM.rl.obf.classfile.ClassFileException: ClassNotFound cpw/mods/fml/common/IFuelHandler
    ==================
    I had deleted also bcintergation and 1 more integration folders. But i get this error:
    == ERRORS FOUND ==

RetroGuard error: COM.rl.obf.classfile.ClassFileException: ClassNotFound com/google/common/base/Supplier
    ==================

• I get the same error did u manage to fix it?

• Can someone tell me IF this is not the right place for this question were I should post it(Links are preferable):

Can someone in the IC2 development team add a something like Ijetpack() to the IC2 API that let's an item be used as a jetpack? Or the classes that correspond to the jetpack being able to fly to the IC2 API. The addon that I'm currently working on is basically an expansion to the amount of jetpacks in game. Now I don't want to use my own code because that would imply I need to add my own code to make an entity fly which would be really buggy and a bit hax at least at first. Plus that code is already working.

• I need to ask. The compiled API seems to be different from the actuall source AND i read of 2 ways to get whole IC² into my project (via installing then decompiling, as stated in Gregs profile, and just importing via drag and drop from source). What is the actual API and is there another way to include IC2 to eclipse / mcp without installing the classes into the jar, then decompiling ?

I would like to finish my first blocks of the alternative energies asap :)