No power from windmills half of the time...

• Hi, just to try something new I began to use windmills on my new map, but I am not pleased at all with them...
    Half of the time I get 0 EU/t from them.. Is this a bug?

They are at about height 80 an they have max 5 blocks around them each...
    And this also happens when my batbox is empty and draining power ;)

Nope just 18 tin cables... And the weird thing is that sometimes i get 5+ EU/t from the 3 windmills that i got...

How about a screenshot of your setup?

Something tells me that your Tin is getting Burnt up really quickly, and you are unknowingly losing them as the Wind gens. ramp up in power...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• wind mills arent always on because the wind isnt always blowing

still rocking the GMA 950 card :D overclocked to the point of smoking. :huh: hahahahaha now i got my 525m now that thing does work 8) :P :D

• Do windmills still break? I heard that the iron falls off them and they turn back into generators in excessive wind. I haven't seen it happen myself. Just check the gens to see if they still look like gens, and make sure you still have all your tin wiring. And yeah, there can be some days where the wind just stops.

• They are not broken... Neither is the wire... As I am saying: They give off power at some times but a lot of the time they just shuts off completely...

• Confirm this bug on IC 1.43. I have a SMP wind farm, 20 towers, 16 wind generators each. Sometimes i notice that some towers stop giving any energy (0 eu/t)
    while other towers are working just fine. If I disconnect them from MV transformers and place a batbox on the wire, batbox will remain empty.

• SO im guessing you checked to see if the energy storage is full?

"A modern tank can speed at 60 mph while shooting a target with pinpoint accuracy from 5 miles away." Civ-5

• Same problem, on 1.43 smp. Using uumatter generator as end energy pit. All wires and system is ok, as it was said 3 times already it starts and stops work randomly.
    Some of generators shutdowns to 0 and starting get energy after some time, or imediatly if was resetled with wrench.

In wiki was said about brokes with effective height more than 80. I builded a tower with height of each generator around 50, and it still randomly get 0eu generators for a time.

• I've had wind generators mysteriously stop producing power. The only "fix" I found was to dismount them all then reattach them and they then start producing power. It can be annoying and is one reason I use the 100% wrench add-on. It can also be dangerous if using them to power a Forestry electric motor to drive a BuildCraft pump to supply cooling water to a bank of BuildCraft combustion engines.

• I've had wind generators mysteriously stop producing power. The only "fix" I found was to dismount them all then reattach them and they then start producing power. It can be annoying and is one reason I use the 100% wrench add-on. It can also be dangerous if using them to power a Forestry electric motor to drive a BuildCraft pump to supply cooling water to a bank of BuildCraft combustion engines.

Do splitter cables work ? It would be very easy to reset windmills then.

• I've not tried. I'm pretty sure the wind generator blocks themselves get stuck. I think I've tried breaking the cables (leaving the wind generators "floating" in air) then reattached the cables and that didn't fix it.

• I've had wind generators mysteriously stop producing power. The only "fix" I found was to dismount them all then reattach them and they then start producing power.

I've run into this quite often. I understand that there are going to be no-wind times but in the middle of a thunderstorm?!?
    Removing the cable does not work. Only removing and remounting the generators does the trick.