Suggest: small change to redstone behaviour of reactors

• Hi folks,

I was playing with CASUC designs last night and found that a reactor doesn't accept a signal from a redpower redstone tube nor from a powered block.
    I humbly request that support be added for these modes.

Xeno

GENERATION 26: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment or chain letter? This is left as an exercise for the reader.

Efficiency 3, 50% duty cycle. SMP friendly. Alternate two of them slowly with an rp2 sequencer for a steady 120 EU/t.
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…=1j10101001501521s1r11r10

• This might be obnoxious and hard to place, but you can convert redstone power from a redstone wire to vanilla redstone, and power it that way. Just sayin'

You probably already knew that though..

• Hmm... Actually you should be able to place the redwire directly on the reactor or one of the chambers.

Redstone-Tubes are a bit more difficulty. Maybe you could ask player, he has the most direct connection to eloraam, seems more like some kind of bug. I remember the induction-furnace also not accepting power from redstone-tubes, and I remember a problem with jacketed wire too.

• Yes, I currently use RP2 wire and it works a treat. I just noticed the quirks I posted and thought to mention them.
    Rather than PMing people here and potentially getting lost in a flood of messages, surely it's better to just post here in Suggestions?

GENERATION 26: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment or chain letter? This is left as an exercise for the reader.

Efficiency 3, 50% duty cycle. SMP friendly. Alternate two of them slowly with an rp2 sequencer for a steady 120 EU/t.
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…=1j10101001501521s1r11r10

• Hmm... if the IC2-Devs forgot CanProvidePower to place on the blocks then it is rather a bug, because if I remember correctly this was the issue with the induction furnace.

• Official Post

Hmm... if the IC2-Devs forgot CanProvidePower to place on the blocks then it is rather a bug, because if I remember correctly this was the issue with the induction furnace.

Issue is our ID Compression. CanProvidePower is static-bound to a block without additional data.
    Thus either ALL machines will link into redstone for no reason, or none of them (including InductionFurnace).
    Same applies to all generators including Nuker.

• Probably all machines has something to say by RS signal like "I'm working".
    But seems tight placement problem will shows again.

• May be Control Upgrade would be useful to change machine's RS behavior?
    Like this:
    No upgrade: ignore RS or only key/lever directly on machine seen;
    1 Upgrade: can use incoming RS to Hold_ mode;
    2 Upgrades: if got RS signal - Hold_mode, if jammed (full/no power/...) emit RS;
    Edit: Electronic Circuit can be used for first upgrade and Advanced Circuit for advanced upgrade. This way no new items needed to implement better machine's control.
    Also Transformers can be used instead transformers upgrades, batteries instead of battery upgrade and something as Overclocker.

Why special Upgrade items used? Why not a known items?