What do you do with too much copper?

• Copper is quite "rare" at the levels I generally dig at which is 11-12. Apparently the hot spot for diamonds. Tin however is something I get a lot of when manually mining. Not a huge fan of automated mining, just feels so cheesy having machines play the game for you. Nothing like putting some manual labor into getting the resources, it actually feels like you're accomplishing something... in the game, that is. But everyone has their own way of playing the game and there is nothing wrong with that!

• Copper is quite "rare" at the levels I generally dig at which is 11-12. Apparently the hot spot for diamonds. Tin however is something I get a lot of when manually mining. Not a huge fan of automated mining, just feels so cheesy having machines play the game for you. Nothing like putting some manual labor into getting the resources, it actually feels like you're accomplishing something... in the game, that is. But everyone has their own way of playing the game and there is nothing wrong with that!

depends on your definition of "manual labor". I usually use a frame quarry and that requires quite a bit of manual labor to build the thing before it's operable. :)
    it's also ridiculously fast to the tune of it pulling out too much cobble and almost overloading a logistics pipe system sometimes

• Don't see how you can get too much copper, a lot of it goes into making solar panels, at least for me. Tin however is something I barely even use. Since I'm not playing on any servers I can just sleep past the night. If that wouldn't be possible I'd start working with lava/nuclear reactors, the latter I've started to look into.

I really like the pump in RP2, it's by far the most efficient pump out of all the mods(IC2, BC). It just seems to pump at a greater distance than they do? Tho I'm curious if you don't use the nether for lava, how would you "transport" the lava cells? I'd guess ender chests would be involved?

Correct me if I'm wrong here but lets say you would put down a LONG piece of railroad from your "base" to a lava source. Thanks to chunks being unloaded when you're not near the cart traveling on the rail will just magically stop once it reaches an unloaded chunk?

Hehe, maybe you're using a movable base on frames?

• Somehow i actually ended up copper starved in my 1.3.2 world. Got to the point i'm making copper ore with UU lol.

I'm blaming solar panel spam (never used them much before), those cables eat tons of copper once you start cranking HV arrays...

I'm using dense ore age + filler (and standing under it collecting stuff into forestry backpacks) for my mining, as without working chunk loaders quarries are useless. Currently mining from Y~=30 upwards (i have more than enough diamonds / gold / lapis / redstone to last a few decades).

• Somehow i actually ended up copper starved in my 1.3.2 world. Got to the point i'm making copper ore with UU lol.

I'm blaming solar panel spam (never used them much before), those cables eat tons of copper once you start cranking HV arrays...

I'm using dense ore age + filler (and standing under it collecting stuff into forestry backpacks) for my mining, as without working chunk loaders quarries are useless. Currently mining from Y~=30 upwards (i have more than enough diamonds / gold / lapis / redstone to last a few decades).

Reactors are also particularly bad on copper. The one I just built munched 2.5 stacks of copper blocks. Plus a set of 7 quad uranium cells munches quite a bit more when it needs a refill.

it appears that 1.3.2 changed the dynamic from craptons of unused copper (in 1.2.5) to craptons of unused tin with 1.3.2.

Reactors are also particularly bad on copper. The one I just built munched 2.5 stacks of copper blocks. Plus a set of 7 quad uranium cells munches quite a bit more when it needs a refill.

it appears that 1.3.2 changed the dynamic from craptons of unused copper (in 1.2.5) to craptons of unused tin with 1.3.2.

Pretty sure this may be alleviated when Redpower releases, as it adds quite a bit of Copper into the world on its own...

Until then, Industrial Veins and Nether Ores are good alternatives to derive from for the time being...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Pretty sure this may be alleviated when Redpower releases, as it adds quite a bit of Copper into the world on its own...

Until then, Industrial Veins and Nether Ores are good alternatives to derive from for the time being...

Also, if you want to go this way, you also have the option of using Metallurgy, the copper bars there work with IC2. Also, it depends on how you set up the veins to spawn.

• Pretty sure this may be alleviated when Redpower releases, as it adds quite a bit of Copper into the world on its own...

except one isn't really supposed to keep multiple sources of copper and tin turned on. with RP2 in place I generally only keep it's copper and tin enabled.
    besides, I had to do something with all that copper. after a max size quarry run I had like 3 stacks of 64 copper blocks.
    in other news: BC quarries are are *slow* as hell... better part of 3 days to finish. I miss frame quarries.

edit: whoo, project gravisuite chestplate just cleaned me out. down to a stack and a half of ingots. :) (it's why I built a reactor in the first place, needed the power for uu-matter)

except one isn't really supposed to keep multiple sources of copper and tin turned on.

No, if I want to play a Minecraft game with tons of resources, I'll play a Minecraft game with tons of resources.. Don't start this crap of how 'u r suppost 2 ply!' with me. Minecraft is a sandbox, and how we fill our sandbox up full of goodies is completely up to us...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.