Ye. Has greg nerfed the hell out of turtles yet? They're way too op as well. Avoiding gregtech until the turtles are nerfed to the ground where they belong. A simple recipe change won't cut it tho, needs something more drastic like a removal from the server, but that won't happen. We have way too much control over the turtles. Maybe greg could make it so you can only run certain greg approved scripts? That would be cool.
Just curious, can you set up a system that kills monsters inside the "dome"? I think I saw that in a very early release(might not be this mod), but that was ages ago so things might have changed? Back then the "thing" had a creeper face on it if i recall?
I see a lot people go on about what is "op" and how recipes should be "harder" and what not... But seriously, doing any change like that doesn't change the fact that they're still op. You generate FREE power. Resources aren't a factor in minecraft. Once people realize that solar panels, water mills, wind mills and even geothermal generators need to go the better we'll all be. They need to be disabled. This is nothing against this mod at all, just caught on the "discussion" about recipes and it just made me laugh to myself. It's the same with gregtech. Just changing a few recipes to make them "cost" more resources is just the wrong way to go at it. It changes *NOTHING*. To balance something like those devices I mentioned they need to be removed from the game and alternatives added that actually make sense out of a balance perspective.
Would be nice if we could remove "free" power as an option, ie solar panels, wind mills, water mills and geothermal generators. I don't like forestry in combinations with generators, that's pretty op as well, considering how easy they are to make. But can't really do much without a compressor to get a nuclear reactor up, maybe balance that around a bit to make it more challenging in a good way? Thanks.
Transformers work fine for .110, tested it yesterday and no problems found.
One of my favorite IC2 "sidekick" mods.
8 eu for 1 mj? Ouch... that would be like 80ish EU to run a quarry. Seems a little excessive, but I probably missed something. The path of least resistance in this case would be to pick up an engine from Forestry, I think it'll run 8-9 mj at 35ish eu. The balance being a little too overtuned imo. Still a good mod tho, if people like to convert energy between mods.
Anyone else think that to get the full enjoyment of this mod it has to be played with only IC2 and no other mods along or is it just me?
I've thrown a few eyeballs every now and then on this mod and it looks pretty interesting. However I'm concerned about "how" to play the mod. It obviously changes IC2 from a "low/med" mod to a "high" end mod. So how do you gather resources to even create some of the things from the mod? Gathering supplies without some mods can be quite challenging. For example, you could dig a hole and hit a diamonds after a few minutes... or you could dig for 3+ hours without even seeing one!(happens every now and then).
I just have a hard time visualizing how to play it properly, without turning the game into a a chore of randomness. I really like some of the recipes because they add complexity. Would be nice if someone shared some of their experience with the mod and how they play it. Thanks! (note: without editing the configs, using the mod as intended of course)
Thanks mate, I did a quick search and didn't really find anything, probably because I used the wrong terms. Thought it might have been an addon that caused it but turned out it wasn't.
Didn't even know about the ID turtle peripheral, I've been looking for something like that for ages, just a shame it takes up a slot so would have to ditch something to even attach it. Just weird that something like that isn't added by default to the turtle. It's a frickin' computer after all, it can do pretty much anything but that. The item compare feels really clunky and doesn't fit a computer of that magnitude. Doubt I'll use it tho. I don't really like computercraft that much, it's just way too op for my taste because of what the turtles can do with minimal effort from the player. Writing the code, yeah, that takes a bit of effort, uploading the code somewhere and having a noob(like myself) download it takes zero effort.
So... I put some uranium ore in a compressor and... nothing happened? What's wrong, isn't that how you make the uranium bars? I disabled all mods except ic2(industrialcraft-2_1.109.113-lf), forge .426 and NEI. Still nothing happens in the compressor. I looked up the uranium ore and... it only shows the ore dictionary for uranium, no processing whatsoever. What could be wrong?
<edit> In NEI the uranium ore has id 30243 and when looked up how to make the refined uranium it shows the actual ORE BLOCK(247) as being required to make the refined uranium? I don't get it.
Weird, I've had no problems adding transformer upgrades to the rotary macerator and get it to accept direct line to a mfsu. Are you using the latest version?
I'm right now trying forge .408, ic2(.113), nei 1.2.8 and ccc 0.6.10.
<edit> Crash at trying to enter world(not game start):
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
<edit2> I see a new ccc release .11. I will try that one. Also a new NEI, .10. Starting them up now.
<edit3> Good news! Seems the latest ccc and NEI fixed that problem. Works perfectly fine now. Thanks!
If you want to enchant IC2 electric tools, for whatever reason, you can use the mod "Better Enchanting". Not sure what it does but it allows you to put whatever enchant you want on IC2 electric tools, assuming you have the experience needed. So yes, you can give the diamond drill fortune 3 and efficiency 5 if you wanted. The drill gets ridiculously fast at 3+ tho. I prefer the normal speed on the drill since it drills too fast in some cases. I don't use enchants on the tools nowadays tho. Started using computercraft... I thought EE2 was "op". I got to stop using computercraft it just ruins the "fun".
I updated railcraft but that needed forge .407 so I went ahead and updated to that... and then some stuff broke down. Codechicken and NEI, but no big problem, right? Well, to fix the problem I had to remove the NEI folder from IC2 folder because the game would crash when looking at items in creative mode. The "fix" worked but broke all the items from IC2 from showing their recipes in NEI. I'm just wondering if there is any better way to do this, beside downgrading railcraft/forge... or is that the best way?
Hah... so this is the mod that allows people to "fly" like in creative mode? Fancy! Think I'll have a look once it's updated to 1.4.5.
Quote from guyabove
1) computercraft turtles - extremely cheap to make, fire&forget, mines at around 2 blocks per second with any decent mining program. Can go to 3 with more advanced ones (ab)using enderchests
2) steve's charts - somewhat balanced resource-wise but once you have a decent miner it takes no time to excavate big areas. Needs a bit of babysitting to mine in an area
3) BC quarry - with your mod it's a bit more expensive now but still pretty much fire&forget. I believe in 1.4.5 version it is now significantly faster too as it is allowed to take in MUCH more energy than before.
4) IC2 miner - several tiers through drills and scanners. Needs some babysitting to move it around, doesn't give you too much useless resources
5) RP2 frame quarry - extremely advanced setup but once it's running it can be anywhere from nearly useless to insanely OP.
6) regular railcraft tunnel bore - I've actually never used it as it seemed so inefficient.
1. I agree, out of the box they aren't very "powerful" but with a decent program it can do pretty much anything. However for someone like me, who can't code, I'd just like to see a "goto" program built in. In the same way as excavate/tunnel. But yeah, the turtle is basically a quarry if you want it to be.
2. Haven't really played around that much with the mod so far. However if you're playing with railcraft, rails aren't exactly "cheap". It's fun tho from what I've seen/done with that mod.
3. Quarry is just one of those things that people like a lot. The first one is rather expensive and it does require BC power if you don't use crossover mods.
4. IC2 miner is a laugh. Not sure what that thing is even doing on the list. Sure, it may have some uses but you're way better off either mining yourself or using another mod. It takes way too much time to set up, initialize, power up etc. It's easier to set up using various mods to help with the power, but beside that I always found it pretty weak and "useless". Note) With RP2 and frames, it's another story, that is true.
5. RP2 frame quarry is insanely op, people just live in their fantasy world and ignore the fact.
6. Totally useless. I've never used it and I doubt I ever will.
Yeah, that was the first thing I did was to go through the mods trying to find the one with the outdated API but I couldn't and it was pretty late so went to bed. Woke up this morning and IC2 1.109 was out so spent most of the day updating addons and getting the server to work
Just missing Transformers and APM currently.
I'll assume that this won't work too well with MC 1.4.5 and IC2 1.109 yet?:)