[Suggestion] Crystal Charger Comeback.

• I always liked the idea of the Crystal Charger, but it is quite redundant now that it can simply charged in a MFE-transmitter. That however is mid-tech and finding diamonds everywhere is expensive early game. So I was thinking why not bring back the Crystal Charger that takes a full 32 EU per tick, but is able to charge :Energy Crystal:, :Nano-Bodyarmor: , :Nano Saber: , :Mining Laser:, lapatron crystal, and the lap-pack at slow rate, so that extremely cheap operations can be set up to slowly charge items without requiring any actual diamonds.

:Refined Iron: :Electronic Circuit: :Refined Iron:
    :Rubber: :LV-Transformer: :Rubber:
    :Copper Ingot: :Copper Ingot: :Copper Ingot:

A crystal Dis-charger can be equally annoying to add.

:Refined Iron: :Refined Iron: :Refined Iron:
    :Copper Ingot: :Electronic Circuit: :Copper Ingot:

Or have it do both in one go.

:Refined Iron: :Electronic Circuit: :Refined Iron:
    :Copper Ingot: :Electronic Circuit: :Copper Ingot:

• Somehow I don't understand. If you don't have the materials to build an MFE you should not have the materials to build Nano-Armor, Mining-Lasers or Nano-Sabres.

• You require more vespene gas coal dust!

Mineral field, depleted!

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• You require more vespene gas coal dust!

Mineral field, depleted!

Bah, nuke it and see what else you can find!

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• I wonder: can the charging bench on the Addon board (the Mk 2) charge crystals?

Addressing the question that one needs an MFE first, it is correct that one needs an MFE to charge a laser.

However, there is a pattern that you can build an inefficient setup in order to bootstrap your way into a better one:
    You can charge your drill/chainsaw in a generator, but it will be slower.
    You can have your workshop going directly off generators instead of buffering with a batbox.
    You don't need diamonds to make a portal, so unless I am mistaken, one can even have a mass fabricator and not be able to craft an MFE.

In none of the above is it great. In fact, I shudder to think of how that massfab works on 32 EU or less at a time.

There is a bit of a resource bump one needs to get over right after the batbox stage, though. One can surmount it with some lucky mining and/or industrial diamonds, but one can have a laser and still be running off batboxes if one isn't careful :P .

So it would seem that a cheap, slow, and perhaps even inefficient means to charge a laser or other device might be welcome at this inter-tier stage. Something without an output, only charge 32 EU/t at a time, only have a batbox or less of storage, and only interface with crystals and batteries (not lapotrons). You could say that the output circuitry was reconfigured to interface with the crystal.

• I wonder: can the charging bench on the Addon board (the Mk 2) charge crystals?

So it would seem that a cheap, slow, and perhaps even inefficient means to charge a laser or other device might be welcome at this inter-tier stage. Something without an output, only charge 32 EU/t at a time, only have a batbox or less of storage, and only interface with crystals and batteries (not lapotrons). You could say that the output circuitry was reconfigured to interface with the crystal.

Yes, if it's the right tier of Charging Bench. T1 for Batteries, T2 for Energy Crystals, T3 for Lapatrons.

If you make a Mining Laser first, you're doing it wrong.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• While it is possible to go to the nether without diamonds, most build a diamond-drill first, since the method with buckets is a bit odd.

Second 4 diamonds aren't really much, if you make use of the Tier1-Systems. Using a bit coal to make 3 diamonds to build an MFE is something easy. The Laser is also terrible to charge in a BatBox, because it is incredible slow (even if you could charge it there).