Several Interaction Questions.

• Its not intended to work with batbox. Just with MFE/MFSU

Quote from Electrolyzer Wiki Page

Put the Electrolyzer next to a MFE, MFSU or a BatBox and it'll take some power and converts Water Cells to Electrolyzed Water Cells.

Argh. Why must misleading Wiki Page be misleading? I tried using the Electrolyzer with a BatBox a couple times now, to no avail... on top of, beside, in the chain of (didn't realize it's not powered like a regular machine) and even with a dedicated BatBox (biggest waste of 10000+ early EU)...

• Argh. Why must misleading Wiki Page be misleading? I tried using the Electrolyzer with a BatBox a couple times now, to no avail... on top of, beside, in the chain of (didn't realize it's not powered like a regular machine) and even with a dedicated BatBox (biggest waste of 10000+ early EU)...

The wiki is still very much WIP. I will touch the Electrolyzer later, maybe tomorrow. Haven't had the chance to play around with it yet.

• There appears to be no legit way to obtain coolant cells (of course ive been TMIing them to test reactors)
    Edit: I read the wiki and have understood it is gradually being updated now but it is possibly quite confusing as to IC or IC2 items I guess that the IC link will be removed once IC2 V 1.00 comes out

• OK, let's figure it out.
    Some nuclear questions:
    1) (The stupid one) Does outward cooling affect only reactor hull? In other words, should i use the HD's to get acces to otward cooling?

2) About the HD's
    Are they taking all availabale heat from the other elements? For example, we have HD next to the two coolant cells. Each of those cells recieves 4 heat/tick. And there are two other elements next to HD. Does it take 2 heat from each cell and distribute 4 heat between other elements? Or it takes 3 heat from each cell (6 heat total), distribute 2 heat between other elements, and 4 to the reactor hull?

The example

I believe it is the Mk.2 reactor with efficiency 2.
    How does the HD's work in this case? I mean, there some cooling cells with two HD's next to it...?

EDIT:
    Interesting, that reactor ran through about a half of the cycle, and there are no significant heating of the components... looks like the heat distribution is perfect...
    Let's calculate again...
    Outward cooling:- Water cooling, 6 chambers - 2*6 + 20 = 32 heat/tick
    Inward cooling: 30 coolant cells - 30 heat/tick.
    Heat generation: each cell pulses 2 times, generate 6x2 = 12 heat/tick x6 - 72 heat/tick

10 heat/tick remaining... Oopsie. But there are a lot of the elements in the reactor... I believe this heat is distributed somewhat evenly between them...

Hmm, interesting fact: Instead of building that Mk.II reactor, you can build three of this Mk.I reactors with the same efficiency. In the terms of the resources it would be approximately the same.

One more interesting fact: You can craft uranium from 6 uu matter. If you use amplifier to fabricate it, it will cost you about 1000000 eu. So, if you running the reactor with efficiency > 1, you will get more energy than spend ^__^

And yes. With the same shape of the elements, you can make Mk.I reactor with three chambers and 40 Eu/t output. Heat balance is -1 h/t, Efficiency is still 2

Cutiemark crusaders - engineers, Yay!
    Blown up: Industrial Blast Furnace, Industrial Wiremill, Singularity compressor, Extractor.